1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our Coach, Chargers Ex-Coach.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Almu, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Almu

Almu Member

I just thought about something...

We can have the same fate as the San Diego Chargers did during the NFL playoffs. JVG can have the same fate as Marty Schottenheimer did after the playoffs ended.

Think about it...

Is there any denying that the Chargers were the best team in the NFL? They did lose to a dynasty team in the Patriots. But the Chargers went 14-2 and didn't make it past their first playoff round.

The Rockets are so cursed right now...

We all think that they will win about 55 games. Remember what happened the last time the Rockets won that exact amount in 1994? Yet, there is a REAL chance that the Rockets will be the 4th seed! Which means that we could lose in the first round! Even if its the 3rd seed, playing someone like the Lakers or Denver or Utah...man, scary.

And as I have said...we need to make it to the next round or the Coach has to go. And to think that we win a ton of games and could be eliminated by May!!!

Lets say the Coach does not come back. How great will the next coach have it? Two studs in the prime of their careers? WOW. And a 50+ win team custom made.

I see a possible Norv Turner if the Rockets fall!

2. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Member

Don't say such things, bad karma. For one thing, I don't think there's a better coach than JVG available. Most importantly, if Yao, T-Mac, Shane, and Rafer are healthy, there is absolutely, positively NO WAY the Rockets don't get out of the first round this year. IN-CON-CIEV-ABLE!!

3. redefined

redefined Member

I actually thought about this and realized that Marty had problems with the GM. Even after they lost their playoff game they came out and said that Marty would be back as coach. I'm sure regardless of what happens JVG is safe, at least for one more year.

I'll be honest, I am not a huge JVG fan, but you have to realize that this is his team. In order to win, we need him to stay.

4. OddsOn

OddsOn Member

Your an idiot, why would you bring this up? What point does this server other then to fuel your obvious hatred for JVG?

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

lets see...the team is playing great. Yao is arriving soon. the rockets just put on a great show on nat'l tv. and the team is in contention to grab the 3rd or 4th spot.

yeah...thats cause for a thread about firing the coach

6. yobod

yobod Member

Agreed....except i wouldnt have gone so far as to call him an idiot. But seriously, what was the point of this thread? So you could lay out a scenario in which the Rockets WOULD be successful, but still fulfill your fantasy (albeit an irrational one...how much proof do you need that JVG IS the right coach for this team?) of firing JVG? The guy has gone 34-19, with the hardest schedule in the league, while playing HALF of it without the BEST BIG-MAN in the league! At first, I thought that all of you JVG-Haters were just being stubborn....but maybe it's ignorance. Look at what your beloved coach's everywhere else are doing....that Lakers team has completely phoned it in on Phil Jackson, Rick Adelman can't even find a job anywhere in the NBA, and Larry Brown is trying to weasel his way back into the Philly spot. All this is happening at the same time OUR OWN PLAYERS have rallied around JVG and have completely bought into his system. I'm so completely sick of having to repeat this over and over again....if the ROCKETS OWN PLAYERS SAY HE'S THE BEST COACH THEY'VE EVER HAD, then what more proof do you need?

7. whoisray

whoisray Member

So you are hoping we settle down for a 7/8th spot? or win every game and get 2nd seed? This thread makes no sense at all!

8. localalien

localalien Member

Football sucks...I don't watch it...

9. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I'm just curious, but did you have a bad day or something? cuz you know, you coudl always just sing a sad song just to turn it around.

10. Almu

Almu Member

Just a thought. Nothing more.

Its to point out how tough the West is. Here we are saying we are going to win 55 games and not even get a TWO seed. Like the AFC, the Rockets are going to be walking a minefield.

In a way, I would be really heart broken if we win all those games and lose a tough 7 game series in the first round.

Thats all I am pointing out. Next time, I will clear it with some of you grouches before posting such an "idiotic" thread.

11. Almu

Almu Member

I never have bad days, hotballa. Life is way too good for that. Go the the link in my sig and see why I can never have a bad day.

12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

wow talk about a pointless thread.....

13. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Member

Lol, I love the quote on your page. I'm gonna remember that one, classic.

14. Kindger

Kindger Member

I had never told others about the nightmare I had last night, even though it looked very real and scary. Well, since I was 6 year old.

Just a joke. You know, a bad dream is just a dream, it's unreal and it's over.

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Its Almu's veiled attempt to protect his fellow new yorker. He does it just like how JVG would do it. He talks about he would be a failure if they didn't win a playoff series regardless of how they did in the regular season, so our normal knee jerk reaction would be to defend JVG with likes the regular season record, all the injuries, quotes from the players and such.

I don't think JVG is going anywhere, but if he did, I wouldn't mind Adelman as a replacement.

16. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

I feel for you, look at western teams, I am glad Kidd did not make things worse.
    NBA should change policy, we do not need Western/Eastern Champion, ONE NBA Champion, that is all. Playoff should go on like this: W1(west #1) VS E8(east#8), E1 VS W8 ...................................
    If you are a soccer fan, you will understanding what I am saying.

17. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Member

College basketball conferences do it this way as well... well at least the SEC does. And the first two teams in each half of the conference get a bye on the first matchup of the tournament.

18. Yetti

Yetti Member

Don't you consider that hatred is just going too far , possibly dislike or aversion to, might be more appropriate? Especially because hatred is a sin against ones fellow man and God.

19. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Agreed.

It almost sounds like Almu hates JVG so much, he's outwardly hoping for a first-round exit just so the Rockets will have an excuse to fire him...

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

As far as I know, our coach and our GM (current and future), are not at each other's throats.