1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our Championship window is closing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pippsux, Jul 17, 2015.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

this team has gotten better and better ever since the start of H&H and all of a sudden this window is apparently closing. not to mention they've gone farther and farther in the postseason. funny how people mention Howard in decline as if he is on the edge of retirement when he just beasted in the playoffs. Does decline happen that quickly? I guess maybe to some here it does. yeah makes a lot of sense:rolleyes:

2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Our "Window"

[​IMG]

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

In Before The Window Closes.

1 person likes this.
  4. dram1

dram1 Member

Being desperate to win and acting out of desperation are different. Its like a fight...the angry guy flailing all over the place will often lose to the calm guy waiting for his opening to strike. That is what I am referring to. Morey cant be "flailing" with his moves. He must stick to his formula and stay true to his strategy which has gotten us here.

5. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

As long as we have Harden the window is open. He is one of 4 or 5 players that is more valuable than the max (I'm talking super max, not just his bargain max) and will allow you to have a contender at the cap. Don't really get why losing Howard is such a concern. Just give his 25 mil to somebody else.

6. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

[​IMG]

7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

we didn't let him go

8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Kneejerk much

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

let's be honest here, the window was already shut when mchale got the contract extension

10. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

Wow. The Mavs over Houston on a list of "Who is the favorite in the Western Conference" . This after Cuban said his team would tank if DJ didn't sign with him.

[rant]

"Our window is closing." Pfsht. You know, 1 year ago the media thought we weren't going to make the playoffs, but then we finished seeded 2nd. We didn't even have a window at that point. So now you bunch of chicken littles claim that our window is closing before it's ever opened? As a Rockets fan, the OP and everyone that's said roughly the same thing since "Morey lost Smith" disgust me.

And it's been said before, but apparently people are being willfully ignorant about it. Houston offered Josh $1,000,000 more than the Clippers. All signs point to the fact that he left because he wanted to play for the Clippers, not because of anything Morey did or didn't do.

I'm so fed up with you weak fans. After all we've been through over the past decade, you are still blinded from seeing the progress we continuously make every season. Rockets fans catch enough flak every season from the media. We really don't need you piling on, only to be proven wrong season after season.

I really should stop reading Clutchfans during off-seasons. Or I just need to add about 200 more people to my ignore list.

*disgusted*

[/rant]

1 person likes this.
  11. OpenLayup-Why3?

if DoMo and Bev were healthy, we were one Steph Curry injury away from winning the NBA

12. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

If only this thread was closing!!

13. basketballholic

In the Western Conference, championship windows open and close like your refrigerator door.

14. hakeemthagreat

Bev maybe. Not so sure with DMo. DMo's a solid post player. But he'd be mostly a non factor against teams like GS & LAC with mobile athletic front lines. As much improvement as he's shown offensively, he still can't rebound or defend against bigger, stronger players. That's why losing Smith could be a HUGE issue come playoff time. I do not trust him or Jones in the postseason

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We were never serious enough contenders (have to frequent the Finals).... let's face it.

The contending window is a small one with Howard. Too much unknown surrounding the roster. Not enough stability.

16. Nook

Nook Member

WE ARE ALL SLOWLY DYING TOO!

Woohoo

17. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

I don't feel the window is closing because Harden is still 25/26 this season and we are one or two players away from being even better as a team.

Need a PG, and another real all-star like KD or Melo....Dwight is expendable....I like Dmo to replace him...

18. dwhite

dwhite Member

Morey is a decent GM, but people here treat him as if he were God. His teams rarely make it past the first round and last year felt like an aberration due to several issues with the Mavs and minus a Josh Smith 3 point a thon we would have been eliminated 4-1 in the second round. He puts competitive teams on the floor but very flawed teams (ft %). He is no Savior and the Rockets will compete and lose in the playoffs this year to much better built (for Championship) teams.

1 person likes this.
  19. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Here's my ideal starting 5:

PG: Ty Lawson or Ricky
    SG: Harden
    C: Dmo
    PF: KD
    SF: Melo

A big 3 of Harden/KD/Melo will get us the Championship.

20. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

When you lose talent, the window closes a little. We have taken at least a step back this season, while other teams have gotten better. Yes, the window is closing, but we still have opportunities to improve.