1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our best player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Moneygetjealous, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Moneygetjealous

I think no matter how good Yao is or Ron is, T-mac hurt or not will always be our best player on the team. He was hurt against the celtics but manage to carry the load when Yao didn't show up. So to those who like to bash on Mcgrady so much, just remember that he is still the Rockets best player. The last four games, he wasn't the main attraction like Ron Artest or Yao Ming is but he manage to put up great numbers.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Some great numbers. Also bad defense, and contributed to a largely stagnant offense with the starting group.

3. Tmacfan0115

Tmacfan0115 Member

The best player and the MVP of the Houston Rockets is Yao Ming.

4. inspiRED

inspiRED Member

bad defense yes. nobody can excuse tmac's pathetic defensive performance. josh howard, durant, and ray allen just lit him up with ease. however, i think his knee is a large part. if you follow his rocket career, he's not that pathetic defensively. when he tries, he's very good. he'll be fine.

the stagnant offense is due to rafer alston primarily i believe. when your starting PG makes 20% of his wide open shots, the offense is going to stagnate when opposing teams leave him wide open all the time. plus, tracy hasn't played much with brooks, landry, and barry. the brief moment he played last night in the 2nd quarter showed that's a very good lineup.

furthermore, his efficiency is very good to start the season. he's going to the line if he shoots bad and that can improve his efficiency. he continues to rack up the dimes.

he's been our most consistent offensive player surprisingly in terms of what he brings to the table. but he's also been our worst defensive player.

5. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

Ron Artest has been our best player so far. It's a long season so before it's all said and done, McGrady, Yao or both will catch up.

6. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Yeah sure... and that rim had a great block on Yao last night.

7. cmellon

cmellon Member

Our best player is Rafer Alston

8. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

We have 3 best players.

9. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Our best player is T-mac? For a second I thought you were talking V-Span. ;)

10. steam03

steam03 Member

wow...does this need a new thread?? You could survive with just posting a comment like that in some random thread.

People always capable of finding weird ideas to start a new thread.

I think Dorsey is the best player of the team. This just shows how scary Rockets can be when they start playing him. Without him we won 3-1 to start the season already. Honestly...he is the best player...

11. The Brian

The Brian Member

i like how one game changes the perceptions of people.

some fans are so fickle. tell me t-mac is the best player on the rockets the next time he shoots below 40%, misses his free throws and gets destroyed on the defensive end.

everyone has their good and bad days but i think the most consistent player is usually yao; he hadn't had a bad game before yesterday.

12. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

Yao is the most talented and efficient player on the team he just doesn't have the toughness to take over at times. Each star has their good and bad points, that's why we have 3 stars to help mask each other's deficiencies.

13. comehere2

comehere2 Member

we don't have the best player. not teamark, not yao, not artest.

we need team player to win the champ.

i am happy to see many value players in this team right now.

chuck and batman's defense, AB's normal stuff, and......

players will have good games and bad games. good form and bad one. but the class is forever. have some good games don't make you the best, bad performance won't hurt you too much if we really have the desire to be better. don't write off the champion player. because we know they'll always come back stronger than ever before. don't machinize our players.

we're this team's fans.

and because we're the rockets fans, we know the weakness of teamark, yao, chuck, artest... this team is what we have right now. accept its good and bad. you can have the emotion display. just don't let it go too far. we all have our fav. player. you know what, they all play for the same team which happen to be our team. they're just happy to be the champion one day rather than we choose whom is the best player in the same team.

i might say too much. cheers.

14. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Good for OP. He might have waited 4 long games to get a chance to start this thread.

15. ibm

ibm Member

the world is how it is in one's eyes, for each and every of us.

in my eyes, our best player is yao right now on this team. this has been the case for 2 years now.

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If everyone is healthy, I think its T-Mac. If Tracy is gimpy, then its either Yao or Artest depending on matchups.

17. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

amen to that

18. shakegod

shakegod Rookie

the best player of Houston is Yao,while MVP from bench is Brooks

19. TrailerMonkey

TrailerMonkey Member

You read the title wrong. He said our "best player." Had he said our "player who bears the greatest resemblance to a giant tampon made of soft marshmallow" then you'd be right on the money with Yao Ming.

20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I say McGrady. Statistics wise, McGrady leads a team of scrubs better than Yao Ming. However, the weird thing is Yao becomes the better player when he plays with McGrady. McGrady is a distributor, Yao needs him to draw away double teams.

As for Artest, we have yet to see what he can really do for the Rockets. Defensive wise, we need him greatly. Offensively, he is better off as a third option. His strength and size best suits him to deal with players 1 v 1, and when he does go 1 v 1, he is one messy player to deal with, offensively and defensively. Too strong even for PFs, too fast for buff defenders.

But IMO, it really comes to how the game is played. Whichever player is having a good night, we feed it to them.