1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Our Bench

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Barkley, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Barkley

Barkley Member

Agree. James is tough, especially when he is on fire.

Bonzi is tough to defend. They're really gonna give us much help

2. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Dallas can put Eddie Jones, Devin George, or Howard on wells. Where's the size advantage you talking about.

3. CLbros

CLbros Member

Well Devean George isn't really a 2 gaurd. Jones and Howard wouldn't be able to handle Bonzi in the post much like all the other 2 gaurds in the league.

4. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Have you heard of versatility? The ability to play mutiple postions. Jones and Howard for sure can handle bonzi because of their size.

5. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

Rockets bench > everyone elses bench = )

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

If you want to know how good our bench is compared to the rest of the league, look at the Nuggets and Sonics boxscore from last night. The top scoring reserve for Denver was Eduardo Freaking Najera! It's like someone else said, Bonzi and James could start for like 20 other NBA teams. I have a feeling that they are going to help us win some games that we had no chance of winning last season.

7. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Eddie Jones and Josh Howard can size up with Bonzi? Are you serious? Maybe if you put them together, then they'd be about the same size as Bonzi :D

8. CLbros

CLbros Member

Thanks for havin my back roffle. I mean I know Bonzi shed some weight but that doesn't mean he's weak now. I don't know what Jerry is thinkin.

9. mister pc

mister pc Member

Bonzi is on fire!!!! He is going to steal minutes from somebody. I wish there was room in the starting rotation for him, but its also good to have him providing sparks off the bench. I really like Mike James, he should get as much PT as Alston I hope. Scola will progress with time and should be starting by the time the playoffs roll around.

10. bjshot

bjshot Member

Bonzi has great BB IQ but not much human IQ. Sad story, aha.

11. bjshot

bjshot Member

and they said rafer and Hayes will not starter in other teams.

12. Barkley

Barkley Member

That's not maybe right, but we have really good bench

13. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

The bench will be the mark for this team....

The bench will be the mark for this team....

Our niche? The bench.....

They've out played our starters for a game and almost a half.

14. Barkley

Barkley Member

And now you see how good is our bench. They carry us 2nd game in a row.

15. sanjorade

sanjorade Member

Our bench is key! Any team that wins has to have a good bench. Looks at the.... sorry to say it but .. Spurs. Their bench is great. That's why they win. It's why we will win! Go Rox!