1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our 2 soft guards

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AllMightyHakeem, Dec 16, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AllMightyHakeem

Ok, come on. We had some moments. Kenny looked great, Hakeem we... I still love him. But he is goin on 50 so you gotta give the guy a break. Now to the real deal. The "cat" and Stevie need to quit exchanging there drawers before the game. We had a perfect chance and what happened?? The "mouse" throws up a 20 foot airball, and once again Kenny bails us out. What next? Stevie forces and nuthin. If the cat would get off of Stevie's jock maybe Stevie could come through. Out with the CAT. It's in the best interest for our Stevie "Franchise". We don't need any gay point guard runnin our team. Ok, excuse the disgust, but this is rediculous!!!

------------------

2. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

I'am sorry but Steve was anything but soft in this game. That last play may had been a bonehead play but the Rockets wouldn't even been tied if it wasn't for Francis hustle plays and rebounds.

------------------
    The begining of www.steviefranchise.web.com

3. TeXaSalsa

TeXaSalsa Contributing Member

cuttino had a baby last season with his girlfriend. just becuz they r best friends doesnt mean new posters like you have to post "STEVE AND CUTTION ARE HOMOS"

what foolishness.

if steve is soft how come he played through an ankle injury?

if cuttino is soft how come he has the guts to take big shots at the end of the game.

please this is a nonsense post.

and what is the definition of "rediculous"

------------------
    --TEX

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

It seemed pretty obvious to me that when Steve returned after getting his ankle retaped that he did not have the same spring in his legs. He could not get any seperation and twice got caught between defenders. Once calling a time out and once throwing up a poor shot. But he was obviously having some pain in his ankle.

Before Steve rolled the ankle he was awsome. The Cat was very solid off the bench. Sorry but I do not see where our gaurds were soft tonight.

------------------

5. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Allmightyhakeem and ZRB, go get a hotel.

------------------

6. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

"Rediculous" is a condition which occurs after too much intercourse or masturbation. It is commonly found amongst pimps and fans of the Jerry Springer show.

------------------
    My dream job is to be a Houston Rockets towel boy.

[This message has been edited by fadeaway (edited December 16, 2000).]

7. FrancisFan

FrancisFan Contributing Member

8. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

I thought KT and Mo did a heck of a job tonight.

------------------

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I think they are soft, neither one of them plays tough defense.

They are both showman, who love the limelight. Right now they are "sportcenter" players, and don't know what it takes to be an upper echelon team.

They will learn, but not, I fear, for another year or so...

DaDakota

------------------
    If Mankind evolved from Monkeys and Apes, then why are there still Monkeys and apes?

10. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Excuse me, but I have never bashed our guards because they are close friends. I bash them when they make stupid decisions that professionals shouldn't make. Especially Cuttino, because he takes WAY too many shots. Don't compare me to one of those homophobics.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

11. haven

haven Member

DaDakota: I *sort* of agree with you... but I'm beginning to quesiton my idea that Francis is soft. Let's face it, the Rockets really don't have that much talent, but they're still 13-10.

They're getting those wins from somewhere, and it ain't the frontcourt... I agree with you that Francis needs to learn how to play defense better, but his team is still winning games and he's the guy in the driver's seat.

BTW, this thread's first post was ridiculous and inappropriate.

------------------
    Shandon Anderson rocks.
    The lottery sucks. Playoffs 2001.

[This message has been edited by haven (edited December 17, 2000).]

12. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

DaDakota, Im getting the feeling you don't like Francis. If you watched the game almost all his points had no element of showtime in them, except for his one awesome slam.And please stop bashing our guards for their defense because its not their fault, its freaking Rudy T's fault. For you geniuses that think going over the pick and roll is going to stop guys like Van Exel from scoring you are wrong. Rudy needs to stop being so damn stubborn and let his big men step out and stop Van Exel long enough for Steve to switch back to Van Exel. It's not that hard a concept but Rudy for some damn reason is too stubborn to do it

------------------
    www.truebballfansite.homestead.com

13. AllMightyHakeem

Ok people. Stevie is great. My only concern is that with cutino riding his dick all season he's gonna turn Stevie gay too and we can't that. I mean haven't you seen cutino givin kisses to other men, even referees? Come on now. And about the masturbation comment, I get plenty of sex and it looks like you may be lookin to get into cutino's pants yourself, being the towelboy and all. Anyways, let me clarify: Stevie is a keeper, no question. But we can't have our guards beinng too lovey dovey. Ship off the cat!!!!

------------------

14. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Alright, that's enough. This is not the ESPN boards. I'm sure your mom is calling you for dinner, and you have homework to finish.

If you want to add serious discussion, then do it. But this crap has to stop now.

------------------
    Behad
    Sergeant at Arms of the Clutch BBS

15. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

There you go Behad. Show them why your the Seargent At Arms! RESPECT HIS AUTHORITAH! [​IMG]

------------------
    Francis out top, 9 seconds on the clock, he gives a no look pass to Cuttino Mobley, 4 seconds left, Mobley passes to an open Langhi in the corner with 1 second left! Langhi at the buzzer.......YES!!! How Sweet It Is!!

16. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Just doin' my job, RRUs.

------------------
    Behad
    Sergeant at Arms of the Clutch BBS

17. wink3

wink3 Member

With a name like "AllmightyHakeem", who are you to be accusing any one of jockin too hard. Practice what you preach LOSER.

------------------
    I Bleed Rockets Pajama-Pinstriped-Blue!

18. University Blue

Francis plays decent defense. (So does Taylor, for that matter.)

The problem is not necessarily with individual defense, but a lack of weak-side defensive support -- which is why I think Anderson (and Cato) needs to be on the court at the end of close games. Another "smart" help-defense player is Austin Croshere.

------------------
    "Breaking up is hard to do...[with] everyone trying to make it a parting befitting all the professionalism that came before. Trying to find that Olajuwon graceful fade one more time."

Scott Howard-Cooper (Sacramento Bee, ESPN.com)

19. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

ClutchCity SEXTalk??? [​IMG]

------------------

20. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

Bench AllMightyHakeem, Clutch! [​IMG]

------------------

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.