1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our #2 draft pick "Jalen Green" seems to have a ceiling of . . .Gerald Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, Nov 2, 2021.

1. majicdonjuan

majicdonjuan Member

Round of applause. Half of the people here just want to hear themselves talk and don't spend any time watching non-Rockets basketball.

Denovo and Dobbizzle like this.
  2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Based on the Mobley thread, it looks like a lot are watching Cleveland Cavaliers games.

Ramo$e likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The sad part is they aren't even watching the games. Just the box score and the highlight package.

apollo33 and Dobbizzle like this.
  4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL Mobley the stat padder and highlight machine

NewAge and steddinotayto like this.
  5. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

The flip flopping is actually insane. I've seen Green go from unquestionably the next Kobe, to bust, to future star after the 30pt game and then right back to bust. You can tell which posters are super casuals to be honest. Imagine comparing Jalen to Gerald based on their last names and that they can both dunk? I wish those types had followed Harden to the Brooklyn Bandwagon with half the Knicks fans tbh.

Mr Woods, Ramo$e and Reeko like this.
  6. vlaurelio

you mean the LOFs??

NewAge and Ramo$e like this.
  7. steddinotayto

lol all kidding aside I really hope the kid does well--in fact I hope all the rookies pan out. I don't see the need to be that kind of fan, to look at another rookie doing well and using his performance as some kind of test for our rookies. If Green doesn't pan out then those people can gloat, feel good about themselves, masturbate to their preferred rookie's highlight reel, etc. but then you're going to be in a perpetual state of "Yea if only they had drafted [rookie name]" for the foreseeable future as a Rockets fan...like is that worth it all? What kind of Rockets fan are you to keep bringing it up as if you're 100% right all of the time? On the flip side, if Green pans out and the Rockets are back in playoff contention in a few years, are those same fans going to join the party and support the team or are they going to keep their pride and find every little thing to criticize the player/team?

Ramo$e likes this.
  8. vlaurelio

I think theres nothing wrong for fans to question the org/gm/scouting/coaching staff/players right?

when did we start saying fans can't question/compare anything LOL

DaDakota and NewAge like this.
  9. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Green at minimum will turn out to be Jeremy Lamb. Best case scenario is we let him reach his potential I don't know about being the next Kobe but I see him getting to Devin Booker or better. The kids game is smooth. He's just getting pushed around out there. Give it some time. NBA regime is way different than the G league. He probably hasn't traveled this much before eather.

#69 Ramo$e, Nov 2, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
    HTown_TMac likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

if Green pans out, those posters will just be Harden haters Vol 2

11. steddinotayto

If that's what you got from my post then I apologize for the lack of clarity. No, I'm not saying fans can't question their teams..I mean that's part of being a fan of a professional sports team right? What I don't understand is the need to put your chips/faith into one prospect before the draft, see your team select another player (who was also highly rated at the time), and proceed to bring up your chosen prospects production to either make yourself feel smarter/more credible/whatever it is any chance you get.....what purpose does that really serve? Maybe I'm too old to understand it or maybe I've never been an diehard acolyte to any specific player--Rocket or not--I just don't get it.

i3artow i3aller, Dobbizzle and Ramo$e like this.
  12. vlaurelio

well for me its no about just a specific prospect. it's about the org.

how can a scouting staff missed? are they gonna miss again?

a coaching staff can maximize their prospects strengths and hide their weaknesses. why can't our coaching staff do the same?

and I wanted Green. and its okay to be impressed by a player because of his play and not be an "acolyte" just because he's a Rocket right?

NewAge and steddinotayto like this.
  13. steddinotayto

You can be whatever fan you want; don't think I'm here to say "You need my blessing in order to post". I don't think it's unreasonable to question the front office--we've all done that. As for "how can a scouting staff miss? are they gonna miss again?"...are we asking these questions SIX games into the regular season? Is it fair to judge the front office staff based on what has occurred six games into the season? I guess that's where we have a difference in opinion, maybe?

14. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

LOFs, HOFs, any kind of player only fan should just follow the player and not claim to be a fan of a team at all. I was talking more about the people who evidently watch almost no basketball, yet spend all of their time making idiotic statements about players and their ability. They're trash tier posters, I've started just ignoring the trolls and idiots, makes the forum a lot more fun talking to people who actually like and follow the sport.

15. vlaurelio

yeah thats true for any player only fans

16. vlaurelio

LOL people judge alot of stuff this early in the season

and not getting your blessing just funny how you are crying about something which is pretty normal on a sports team fan board

NewAge likes this.
  17. alethios

alethios Member

I'm not ready to give up on JG like so many others but like @Nook stated, he needs to spend this season in G-League. Nothing wrong with letting him develop more before bringing him back to the Rockets bench.

18. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

And a large portion of the people here who aren't player only fans and claim to be Rockets fans. You can pick them out very easily, they don't even watch Rockets games never mind the rest of the league. They're all VERY into box scores and "advanced stats" to make their points though...

19. vlaurelio

LOL whats wrong with box scores advanced stats

you watch someone go 0 of 8 wide open from the arc

you see the box score say he went 0 of 8 from the arc

HTown_TMac likes this.
  20. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

There's zero context unless you watch the game. You get almost no understanding of how people are playing by just reading box scores, and that lack of understanding is blatantly obvious to those who DO watch the games.