1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our #2 draft pick "Jalen Green" seems to have a ceiling of . . .Gerald Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, Nov 2, 2021.

1. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

This indictment that a 19 year old freak athlete, with good scoring skills, is a finished product is mindblowing... Picture yourself at your current job at 19 and brought in as "the guy"... Now picture your clients/customers saying " that young mfer ain't ****" after a few months into that tenure.. lol.. bad analogy but you get my point ....

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  2. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

JCDenton and jopat expert analysis in one thread it the greatest combination since peanut butter and jelly.

D-rock and Tuckankhamun like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If he shot that in the NBA, it is Covington, Ariza level. Given his increased usage, it is probably decent but nothing outstanding.

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

If you want to liken it to the every day man.

Picture someone joining a software company. Before they start, the boss tells the employees and stakeholders that the new hire is a wizz, he already is better than a lot of you. He will soon be one of the best in the entire field.

*wizz kid starts

"how do I copy and paste?"
    "how do I combine these two cells in excel?"

lolololololol. No matter what way you slice it. Jalen has been bad. Real bad. There's no ifs ands or buts about it. I don't think i've seen one single person claim this is as good as he'll get though. So who are you referring to?

D-rock likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Depends.

Special careers - special assessment - High intensity - hire and fire scenario

As the 2nd pick he should have 3 years without worry, other than criticism from us.

https://www.reuters.com/article/fashion-italy-models-idUSL5E8DR9HK20120228

#305 daywalker02, Dec 8, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
    javal_lon and D-rock like this.
  6. dmoneybangbang

Tell that to KPJ and Wood.....

And so you think 17 games in..... he doesn't have a shot at being elite?

7. apatel123

apatel123 Member

where can we petition to ban the OP from CF when he's proven wrong

javal_lon and D-rock like this.
  8. dmoneybangbang

It's not good when you just got out of high school and are facing bigger and stronger competition than you would at the NCAA level.... and having to shoot from a NBA 3 point line for the first time.....

kay

I know, you prefer ignorance. Does the NCAA have B2B? Or a NBA 3 point line?

9. dmoneybangbang

Right..... because the G Leaguers liked some 18 year old kid doing whatever he wants on the court.....

Yeesh..... how out of touch can you be?

10. dmoneybangbang

LOL..... in your example that would be like Jalen being unable to dribble or shoot at all.

Jalen has been bad but so have the overall Rockets the first 17 games before they moved Theis.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The point is he is amidst of an ultra competitive environment, he is off to a bad start.

The team is doing better without his presence.

He is elite at nothing else than being quick and athleticism, he is not elite at shooting, not elite at rebounding and blocking shots, steals, assist, you get the picture.

He absolutely can get better but I am missing the last ingredients of mixing together a star, I am missing allround play and Defense.

No idea why you are hellbent on him succeeding, it was just tank year Numero Uno. There are couple ahead.

12. dmoneybangbang

He is off to a bad start, but so was the team. The team was very briefly doing well with Green when Theis was removed, otherwise the entire team has been playing poorly. Is Green part of the reason they have been overall bad, yes. Is he the main reason, no. KPJ has been awful as well and unsurprisingly looked better with improved spacing.

For whatever reason, Green's bad start has put into question the G League which is absurd and just playing the results.

I personally would prefer we get another top 3 pick, but the Green and G League slander has to be addressed.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Quoting Jopat is funny AF.

LOL

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Mathews came in and banged it. That is absolute truth. He was not playing much before.

It shows you how prepared an undrafted dude can be.

If you think this drizzle of rain is slander, you have thin skin, amigo.

This is incredibly poetic, an underdog making it while the pampered 2nd round pick is struggling.

D-rock likes this.
  15. dmoneybangbang

LOL, now we are bringing Matthews into the conversation. Why are you so hellbent on minimizing and putting Green down?

Matthews banged it on the Wizards, didn't get any playing time on the Celtics, and then scooped up by the Rockets. He's playing great.... but he doesn't have the potential to win a scoring title.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

I thought playing with grown ass men was a positive.

NOW you're saying it's a negative???

17. dmoneybangbang

How did you get that? Are you too young to understand sarcasm? Clearly I'm still arguing that the G League is a positive.....

Keep up or stay out of the convo.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

And the free education.

That used to count for something.

19. dmoneybangbang

Mobley got a real college education his freshman year, the only year. :cool:

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

I am quite content to see you getting your assed kicked around the yard.

Just thought you could use a breather.

Back into the beach ignorant one.