1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Other teams that compete with this year's Pacers collapse in the same season?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by UtilityPlayer, Apr 29, 2014.

1. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

The Pacers were a very good team till February. Hibbert completely lost all self confidence , George had problems with child with Stripper and catfish incident. Scola also regressed along with Lance .

I think there were some baseball teams that totally collapsed the last month , not sure in basketball where full collapses occurred.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I can't think of another NBA example...not without a major injury. It's amazing. I have no idea what I'd do if I were Larry Bird.

3. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

4. Major

Major Member

Texans, going into their last 4 games in 2012, were 11-1 and in control of the #1 overall seed in the AFC. Finished out 1-3 (two ugly losses) and got blown out in the playoffs.

5. mario_v

mario_v Member

Well at least this will over shadow the rockets first round exit...

6. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

They won the first playoff game though. I'd agree if they got blown out by a 8-8 team or something.

7. Nook

Nook Member

The 1989 Portland Trailblazers fell completely off the map.

The 2004 Cleveland Cavaliers also fell apart (I think it was 2004).

It will be interesting to see what Larry Bird does in Indiana. I would think there is no way Vogel comes back...

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I don't get the comparison...the 88/89 Blazers finished 5th in conference that season...and the next season they went to the NBA Finals. Not sure how that relates to a team with best record in the conference flaming out so spectacularly.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The Hawks are the luckiest team right now.

10. SacTown

SacTown Member

Not sure why you guys are acting like they've already lost the series. They are down 3-2 with 2 games left to play the last I checked. Pacers just need to win 2 games against a sub .500 8th seed.

Same with Miami down 3-2 going into Boston in 2012. You guys wrote them off and we all know what happened.

11. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

What is there to overshadow? The Blazers aren't really an underdog. We were down to the last 2 regular season games to determine who will get the 4th seed.

There are so many potential upsets that would be bigger than ours. Bullets over Bulls. The way how things are going, the Warriers, Mavericks, and even Grizzlies all can pull upsets. All of these would be bigger than us losing to the Blazers.

You are comparing that Miami team to this Pacer team, the one that has been collapsing in the final 6 weeks?

12. SacTown

SacTown Member

Fair point but Atlanta is a sub .500 team and an 8th seed. I'm almost willing to tip jar bet that the Pacers win it if there are any takers?

*edit - I wrote Toronto instead of Atlanta...

#12 SacTown, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

.................what?

14. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

If Pacers lose this series , it will be worse than the Mavs losing to the Dubs in 07 playoffs and the Spurs losing to Grizz few years ago.

15. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

That Miami team had Lebron James , Wade , Bosh who were younger .

I had hope that the Pacers will beat the Hawks at home , but yesterday's performance was terrible. If they do beat ATL in game 6 , no reason to believe that Indy will win game 7 for sure.

16. SacTown

SacTown Member

Agree. Home court hasn't meant much in these playoffs so far. I just don't see Indiana losing this.

17. SacTown

SacTown Member

Well, I'd like to also point that that Bosh & Wade nor anyone else did much in that Game 6. It was a one man show and quite possibly the greatest playoff performance in NBA history considering the circumstances. I loved Skip Bayless' face the next day.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/O-VzBeOrdAg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

I do remember Lebron was mythical in that game ,but the threat of Wade and Bosh is more than Hibbert , George Hill , Lance and Scola .

Only West , George seem to be going along with C.J Watson ?

19. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Skip Bayless: ...he can't usually hit jumpshots, like that, I doubt he does that in Game 7.