1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Other Berkman trades

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by theDude, Jul 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theDude

theDude Member

I was hearing yesterday that the Astros tried to trade Lance to the Angels and White Sox, but he vetoed them. has anyone heard confirmation of this or know what players were involved in those deals?

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Heard this, not sure on what would've come back.

3. Poloshirtbandit

Berkman mentioned yesterday that he wasn't a west coast type of guy, and I think the White Sox GM admitted that they tried to trade for Berkman when asked about it.

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Berkman indicated that the Astros came to him with a list of 8 teams and he immediately gave 4 nays. He did not say who the teams were.

5. rockets934life

I had read he would have accepted a trade to Texas, St Louis and obviously NYY but wasn't going to the West Coast, still curious why he declined the CWS though?

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Too close to the Cubs. :)

7. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

Plus, Ozzie Guillen. Can't see Berkman wanting to play for that kind of personality. Just a guess.

Then, the WS factor. Weren't there rumors floating around about Biggio's wife being mistreated by the fans or something? In general, losing to the White Sox is still relatively fresh in the minds of Astros fans.

Neither may have been a factor but they stood out to me.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Berkman said on a YES network interview yesterday that he told the team he was only willing to accept a trade to the Yankees as he wanted to play with Andy Pettitte. I guess I missed the part where they became best friends for life down here?

9. Nick

Nick Member

You didn't know that? Andy had basically only 2 friends on the team while he was here, Roger and Lance... and he doesn't talk to Roger any more.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Nope, didn't know it. They went on about it last night on the Yankee broadcast though, and Andy sat with him the entire game, lol. But yeah, apparently he was pretty adamant that he wasn't going anywhere but New York if the Astros got rid of him. I think he wanted to stay in Houston but was willing to go play with Andy.

11. rockets934life

Here are the other spots he would have said yes and maybe to...

http://footer.mlblogs.com/archives/2010/07/dissecting_the_last_48_hours_a.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.