1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oswalt not a happy camper right now

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rcoleman15, Jul 31, 2006.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

oh i absolutely agree it's a risk but when you look at his market value compared to what some of these lesser pitchers get, he deserves atleast 5 years, 70 million. if the astros offer something similar to that and he takes a $100 million deal from the yankees i won't be pissed. i just really hope we don't low ball him in hopes that he takes a discount.

i agree with the others, in that roy is using this as leverage. i really don't see him as that emotional about his name being brought up.

2. BigCountry132

BigCountry132 Contributing Member

Would you trade Ichiro for Oswalt?

The Houston Astros and Philadelphia Phillies both tried to pry star outfielder Ichiro Suzuki away from the Seattle Mariners in the hours leading up to the trade deadline, according to a report in the Seattle Times on Tuesday.

The Astros reportedly asked for Ichiro after the Mariners inquired about the availability of ace pitcher Roy Oswalt. The Astros also dangled Oswalt to the Orioles in an effort to get Miguel Tejada, but were rejected.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14140068/

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

No way. There are reports that we had a deal without Oswalt for Tejada before Angelos stepped in and then demanded Oswalt, which obviously we did not do.

I have a hard time believing these sources when they report we were willing to give up Oswalt, but were rejected. This franchise has been run too well over the past decade for them to try to send one of the most dominant pitchers in the league in a package for anyone not named Pujols or A-Rod.

I mean, if these sources are always right, why wasn't Soriano helping the White Sox beat the Royals last night? Why wasn't Linebrink coming out of the bullpen for the Mets? Most of what is reported around this time is complete B.S.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i'd love to have ichiro! but i wouldn't give up that kind of quality starting pitching for him.

UNLESS you firmly believed oswalt wasn't going to re-sign with you.

5. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

i'd rather have ichiro than tejada or soriano.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Esp since until Last Night Petite wasn't playing so hot
    He is a worse the #2 guy on the pitching staff
    it is probably negotiation tactics. . .
    and
    He probably will want some ridiculous money
    and well . . 'hurt feelings' . . well that is another million a year
    why the h*ll not. . .

Rocket River

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy