1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oswalt Asks For Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by LongTimeFan, May 21, 2010.

1. AB_ALLDAY

AB_ALLDAY Member

MLBtraderumors is ultra biased. Tim Dierkes is a joke Cubs fan and hates the Astros. Start going to crawfishboxes.com or my favorite astroscounty.com for realistic unbiased baseball. Sure the guys are homers on their site but they tell the truth even if it's not in favor of the Astros. The only time I ever used MLBcharaderumors as a reference is when describing the 'Northeastern bias' I'm so inclined to talk about. TO ROY OSWALT OR WHOMEVER IT MAY CONCERN: IT IS ABOUT TIME!!! I'm tired of hearing you b**** on and on all while having your great great great great grandkids secure for life. Adios and Screw your restaurant. :grin:

2. AB_ALLDAY

AB_ALLDAY Member

NO TRADE CLAUSE

3. cardpire

cardpire Member

roy will get traded to the boston red sox. you heard it first here.

mills connection, sox needing a boost in a big way, and there won't be a better pitcher available for them in the next year...that's where i'd put my money.

4. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I kind of look at MLBTraderumors like I do RealGM -- all they're doing is re-posting stories that were written earlier, so I don't see a lot of room for bias.. unless it's an opinion or something. Usually it's just snippets or a summary from someone else's article.

5. AB_ALLDAY

AB_ALLDAY Member

Back when it was just Tim and a few others it was really biased. They still always put their two cents in.

6. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Actually both of you guys are correct. Most of the timem they are reposts, but in may of those they have comments at the bottom. And yes they are always negative towards the Astros no matter what the situation. I keep waiting for the article telling us how the Astros lost the Bagwell trade with Boston. It wouldn't surprise me coming from them.

7. AB_ALLDAY

AB_ALLDAY Member

Yeah Larry Andersen was a prolific pitcher at the end of his career. You heard it first from Tim Dierkes.

8. E-Man

E-Man Member

I don't blame Roy for asking to be traded. The man has pitched so many good games and doesn't even get more than 1-2 runs from his team.

Thanks Roy for all your years with us here and for taking us to the World Series in 2005.

9. AB_ALLDAY

AB_ALLDAY Member

I for one will not be drinking the kool-aid.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

More from MLBTR:

11. AB_ALLDAY

AB_ALLDAY Member

MLBCHARADERUMORS

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You know, Dierkes he has said a whole lot of bad things about the Astros. At one point this year I decided to go back and find all the untrue and hateful things he said about the Astros. Unfortunately, as I began to look at individual instance, I believe he has actually turned out to be more prophetic than most Astros fans.

For instance:

• He was all over the Astros from day one about Kaz Matsui while Astros fans tried to convince themselves that it made sense. I know I for one had managed to make myself believe halfway through the first season and laughed at him for showing such obvious Astros hate. In retrospect, I think we can give him that one.

• He was all over the Astros about the deal given to Lyons. I think probably about half the Astros fans agreed with him (and were perhaps even more disdainful) from the beginning.

• For the last two years, he's been saying that the Astros weren't going to contend. Astros fans howled and moaned and claimed we were going back to the playoffs. Score one more for MLBTR.

• He's been saying the Astros need to blow it up, trade Berkman and Oswalt, and rebuild. Astros fans were all over him about that. In retrospect, it looks like he was the one who had it right. At this point, score is Astros Fans 0.5, MLBTR 4

• He has consistently pointed out how Lee's deal was back-end heavy and could have issues towards the end as he gets older/fatter. Anybody disagree with that?

• Conversely, MLBTR gave fairly neutral reviews of the two good deals the Astros have made in Myers and Lindstrom. In reading what they said, both instances were correct - both pitchers had some potential issues and some potential upside. I read some much more scathing reviews of both of these deals from Astros fans on this BBS. For instance, if he just wanted to hammer the Astros, they could have been all over the wife-beater angle with Myers. They weren't.

So looking at the issues, he has said a lot of bad things about the Astros the last couple of years. But I would have to say that the issue is more that the Astros have made more than the average number of bad moves, as opposed to any inherent bias against the Astros being displayed. I appreciate the sentiment about him as I used to share it. I just think it doesn't stand scrutiny.

13. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

At this point, I begin to get concerned about Ed Wade's history in the trade market.

He's never really done a good job of getting adequate talent for trading star players, and I'm concerned that's not going to change with Oswalt and Berkman.

I hope he doesn't end up on the Mets. I really dislike the Mets.

#53 Puedlfor, May 21, 2010
    Last edited: May 21, 2010
  14. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Lidge for Bourn worked out okay, but yes I feel the same as you. I feel it's more likely we'll get screwed over then get a good trade. Ahhhh, the good ol'days of Hunsicker.

15. luisantonio1014

I hope he gets traded to a contender. That dude deserves a ring!

And hopefully we get some really good prospects back!

16. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Perfect world, he's an Astros for life... but man has he been hosed this year especially...he's suffered from poor run support before, but at least in the past the team was contending for something.

For all he's done for the Astros over the years, he deserves to be on a winning team and if justice prevails, he'll win a ring before he retires. He's one of the good ones.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Maybe we can restock our farm system. God knows, we need to. The Astros aren't going anywhere this year. I sure hate to see him go, but he deserves to win. If not here, then for another club.

18. Major

Major Member

Ed Wade doesn't seem too happy...

“Roy’s contract has a no-trade clause, not a trade-me clause,” Wade said. “There is no rule that allows a player in his contract status to demand a trade. So demand, request, hold your breath until you turn blue, it’s all the same. It’s acknowledged and noted.”

19. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I heard Drayton's comments on the radio. He said that Roy's agent asked Drayton to consider a trade, not ask for one or demand one. Then Drayton said that Roy just wants to know what direction the team is headed in. He then spouted off about how he was still optimistic about the team and thought they could still contend and that he and Wade had not yet decided on any direction to take the Astros. He made it sound like this doesn't change a thing and he doesn't have any current plans to trade Roy.

This scares the **** out of me. Maybe he's still trying to get people to go out to the ballpark. But maybe he still doesn't really how God awful this team is and is unwilling to go into full rebuilding mode.

The other thing that scares me is that I have no confidence that Ed Wade will pull off the best deal possible.

20. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

It would be nice to see Roy go Chacon on him.

I'm officially protesting going out to Astros games until they trade some of their old talent and rebuild. Ed Wade and Drayton McClain are turning into the Isiah Thomas and Matt Million of baseball.