1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Orlando Magic want Courtney Lee back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by G-Money, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Raven

Raven Member

Drop this thread in Afghanistan and we'd win the war.

1 person likes this.
  2. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Rockets better not give up half as much of that for 1 yr of Carmelo.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

The only thing I would have wanted which might have been realistic would be Gortat, but now that we have Miller, I don't see it working (even though I do think Gortat is better than Miller at this point in their careers).

4. mms

mms Member

DH is the only ORL player the Rockets want.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The only way we deal with the Magic for Lee is in a trade deadline deal is if Yao somehow gets injured during the first half of the season and Gortat is on our radar. None of the scenarios listed in the article make any basketball or money sense unless the Rockets are wanting to
    A. Tank and get financial relief for future (acquiring Carter) or...

B. Take on large amounts of contract size to gain a weapon for the playoffs ( R. Lewis... all respect lost for Rockets management on this one)

So what do we know here for sure...

-the Magic value Lee and would like him back.
    -The Rockets want a difference maker player and Melo is at the top of the list

How in the world would the writer of this article somehow take those two bits of information and somehow come to the conclusion that the Rockets would be willing to make any of the suggested moves???

Conclusion= Lets make this deal feasible. The Rockets want to deal for Carmelo Anthony and are willing to involve a third team like the Magic to make the deal work for all partys. Could go down as one of the more complicated trades every made in the history of the NBA and it makes much more sense for the Rockets to just deal straight up with Denver because the rockets would be sending assets to both teams anyways. Basically multiple trades between three teams. Anyone up for making the fictional trade work be my guest.

6. cyntil8ing

cyntil8ing Member

Besides the atrocious contract already mentioned several times, didn't Lewis feel jilted his draft year when he wasn't selected by the Rockets even through our 2nd round picks? Our last pick that draft never even made it to the league. I doubt he'd actually want to go here and i don't see us needing him with a developing C Bud.

I'd rather develop the promising young core or trade for a proven star or an almost all star caliber SF. Besides, we have a flexible enough roster to package and deal for just about any star looking to move at any position for anyone who cares to deal with us.

No to that weak idea.

7. Guru

Guru Member

I think mid season, if the pieces fall into place, we may could have a 3 way deal.

Houston - We get Iggy and get to keep Battier and CBud
    Outgoing: Jeffries + Hill + Lee + Filler
    Incoming: Iggy

Phiily - Phiily gets rid of Iggy's 4 year deal, get Carter and Hill to play alongside Turner
    Outgoing: Iggy + Filler
    Incoming: Carter + Hill

Orlando - Get lee back and expirings for Carter
    Outgoing: Carter
    Incoming: Jeffries + Lee + Filler from Philly + Filler from Houston

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'd make it look a little more like this. Maybe throw in Jermaine Taylor.

I had a deal like this in place in the Melo thread:

[​IMG]

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Plus our NY picks heading to Denver.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

:grin:

No, you weren't wildly off target...

The Rockets will make a push for Anthony, but with him telling anyone who will listen that he wants to play in New York, the smarter move might be to talk to the Magic.

And folks around here wonder why so many of us automatically blow off articles and columns from PoopsWorld. :p

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

And then The sky will open up and a triple rainbow will shoot out of a Panda's Chest into the Toyota Center.

Carmelo Anthony will not re-sign with the Houston Rockets. It would be a horrible rental and We'd have the worst Defensive core in the NBA.

AB
    Martin
    Melo

11. Guru

Guru Member

Damn, didn't realize it was a hoops world article. I wasted my time creating a three way deal with Philly. 2 minutes of my life I won't get back. :grin:

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yeah I know its a dream trade, seriously.

BUT if you look at my trade Martin is included therefore we will not have the worst defensive back court in the league with Courtney moving up to the starting spot at SG.

Its just a starting point to low ball Denver and from there, Morey can make something happen. I think we make a deal and have Melo insure us that he will re-sign.

Hey it could happen. *shrug* :cool:

13. da_juice

da_juice Member

Morey to Orlando: TOO ****ING BAD

14. dlite316

dlite316 Member

lol at lewis...

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Well sonuva...

His name should be in the title.

16. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

We are not getting Courtney Lee just to turn around and give him up for peanuts again. Thats dumb. Let him stay on the orster for more than a few games before we think of moving him and see what he has got first.

17. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

I couldn't help myself.

I just had to email Bill Ingram on this one. Lowly sports "writers" like him typically respond if you don't completely lambaste them on first contact. I'm looking forward to his response.

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Must post original email and reply, if so.

19. HTXEZE

HTXEZE Member

Trade:

Orlando:
    Yao Ming
    Courtney Lee

Houston:

Dwight Howard

20. Raven

Raven Member

I think Carmelo gets shipped out in a sign and trade; if the rules allow for that. Otherwise, no team would be insane enough to take the risk of gutting their team just to see him walk at the end of the season.