1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Orlando Magic want Courtney Lee back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by G-Money, Aug 16, 2010.

1. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Can we re-ban HoopsWorld?

They just said we could do a salary dump by trading JJ's expiring contract along with Jordan Hill and Courtney Lee's rookie contracts.. for Vince Carter's expiring contract. :confused:

[​IMG]

2. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Talk about writting out of your a$$. None of those scenarios make basketball or money sense for Houston.

3. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I wouldn't trade for Carter or Lewis. In fact, if Carter is FREE....i woudn't even want him. Why?? Dude sucks and don't play D. As for Lewis...he's proven he's not reliable when it comes to Playoffs pressurized games. And Houston don't need players that CAN NOT be a reliable go-to-guy. We need someone that can go to whenever plays are broken or when the offense are in trouble we can pass the ball to him and let him do his thing...like Carmelo.
    Although Melo don't play much great D...but his offensive prowess is incredible.

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Theres only like 3 players from the Magic I would want and none of them are Lewis or Carter.

5. RyanB

RyanB Member

:grin: :grin: :grin:
    omg

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Give us Gortat and take back Miller

#26 REEKO_HTOWN, Aug 16, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i could be wrong but i thought that article was insinuating that we'd be better served with rashard lewis than carmelo anthony. right? did i read that? really?

i like turtles

8. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

The only player I want from Orlando is Dwight..

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

:mad: they must be out of their ****ing mind

:p They can have battier and jj to complete all the soft nba players in 1 team.

10. Prince

Prince Member

Lee and Yao for Dwight. and Steve Francis.

11. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

I don't even agree with him saying we need more offense. I think we could use a defensive big.

12. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Rashard Lewis is 31, not a true superstar and he made 18 million last year?

Does that guy work for Orlando?

[​IMG]

13. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

It's just an opinion, albeit a stupid one but still just an opinion. I welcome opinions based on some reality this is a real stretch but it is possible. Still so many things he is wrong about by the time you read his opinion you think he is stupid anyway.

14. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

ehhh Rashard Lewis ..? no thanks.

15. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Mickael Pietrus anyone?

He is tall, athletic, and a good outside shooter when needed. He'd be the pertfect compliment to Battier's defense at the SF position. Lee plus a few fillers should do the job.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eb71uP-MSVU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eb71uP-MSVU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dAAjJpKACcA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dAAjJpKACcA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

16. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

if we were in salary dump mode, that trade makes no sense. Why would we dump an expiring contract and two players on their rookie contracts? It would make far more sense to dump our two newest contracts, lowry and scola...but for the most part I have a hard time seeing Morey make a pure dump move of that magnitude. We just don't have big/long bad contracts like most other teams.

17. apatel123

apatel123 Member

Rockets are not trading Courtney Lee unless he is included to acquire Melo or Paul. Case closed. Next Topic. Or as JAY-Z would say "On to the Next One"

18. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Why would we want Vince Carter when we already have Kevin Martin and neither of them can play/defend the 3 well?

Why move our blockbuster trade arsenal to get back a third banana getting paid max dollars? 14 and 4 last year and is due some $70M?

There's literally not a soul on their roster signed to a good value deal aside from Howard. PASS PASS PASS

I wouldn't give them Lee for anything they have to offer.

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I knew it!

If the Magic want him back so bad, it has to mean they know what he's worth and capable of.

The 4 way deal was not just a salary dump, this guy will contribute. If we get lucky and have a chance at Melo or any other possible star that may be shaken loose by assets and young players he will go, if not he will stay and be a good cog to the team.

Denver should really look into making a deal with us, if worse comes to worse, we have all NY's picks and that could be helpful to them seeing that he's looking to go to NY in the first place.

20. G-Money

G-Money Member

Denver Receives:

Kevin Martin
    Shane Battier
    Jordan Hill
    Jermaine Taylor
    NY Picks

Houston Receives:

Carmelo Anthony
    Aaron Afflalo

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!