1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Orl meet with mavs about Dwight, orlando also prefers lakers offer over rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets11champs, Jul 31, 2012.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

If the Magic only wanted Bynum and to unload a bad contract, they would have done the deal now.

They are waiting for Houston to up the offer, and Houston doesn't seem to be budging.

2. Raven

Raven Member

The Magic are a joke.

3. liveguy

liveguy Member

lol....funny how that's always the case with some of these peeps...

"fake!"
    "terrible source"
    "this guy is a hack"

Uh huh....hahahaha

At this point, people gotta come to grips with reality.

Dwight doesn't want Houston....

ORL is clearly trying to accomodate Dwight.

Maybe to stay in good graces with Dan Fegan AND his agency? Dunno.

Those two things alone don't bode well for the Rockets hunt.

Just give up already.

It aint happnin'!

And even it if does by some miracle....he still gonna bounce.

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

Well, Orlando went from Brook Lopez and stuff, to Al Horford and stuff, to Sideshow Bob(2yr contract at Scola money) and stuff, now to Dallas' bunch of expiring contracts and stuff...

If all these "sources" are accurate, then Orlando GM is the most r****ded person on the planet.

5. jch1911

jch1911 Member

[​IMG]

Bruh, your post was too funny! Had to post my fav meme as a sign of appreciation:grin:

6. tanviraman

tanviraman Contributing Member

Media and press keep saying it's the best and most logical offer but that's the old way of thinking (pre-strict salary cap/luxury tax) . The Rockets offer is clearly better for what Orlando is trying to accomplish. There is a reason Stern didn't go for the Lakers-Rockets deal in the fall. Even though he was getting the best combination of players with Dragic, Martin, and Scola, there were no salray cap benefits. Even if Dwight and Bynum decided to agree to a sign and trade(which they're not), why would the magic want a team with Bynum and the current scrubs/bad contracts? It doesn't do anything for them in the long run.

The media conveniently forgets to add that in order to rebuild, which Orlando wants to do, there are no good deals on the table other than ours. That's the hard fact, what does the Mavs 2013 salary cap have anything to do with making a trade today? If anything the lack of draft assets makes it difficult for Dallas to put any sort of a package together for Orlando.

7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Mike Fisher...[/SIZE]...:rolleyes:

The Guy is a Dallas Mavericks sportswriter......
    He's merely trying to get his quota of hits on
    DallasBasketball.com....
    he figures Dwight can do that for him.
    He's probably right.......

8. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I know Dwight Howard is the main culprit in this terrible fiasco but the Magic are not helping matters. I'm not sure what they are waiting for. It isn't as if some better offer is going to come falling from the sky.........the man has made it clear he wants to have nothing to do with the Magic, TRADE HIM ALREADY.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Its not about what Howard wants, its pretty clear what he wants (Brooklyn, duh!). The question is which team can offer up the best assets for him, and logically speaking, that's us.

Seriously, Orlando likes Bynum over everything else we got? Maybe if you conveniently forgot Bynum will be a FA next year, then yeah, he's better. Is Orlando dumb enough to trade for Bynum and have the Dwightmare again in 1 season? LOL, this is clearly a bluff to get us to pony up more stuff, if I were Morey I'd say "oh yeah?!" and actually take out stuff just to show Hannigan who's boss.

"So you think making **** up about Bynum was funny, smart-ass? Well I'm taking those NY 2nd round picks off the table.What you say about that?!".

Seriously, we have so much a$$ets we can just pony up Kmart, picks and it'd still be better than what Cleveland or LA can give. Cleveland in particular, has no assets apart from just Varejao and the ability to take back salary, since all their top 4 picks are busts (LOLOLOL).

10. jdjd

jdjd Member

I think evey time a new report comes out Morey should lower his offer. He should tell Orlando to make the Howard camp shut the hell up about not wanting to sign here or he'll lower the deal even more. Some of you say Dwights every move is a smart one to make more money, but I would think his moves and running his mouth is actually losing him money. He's going to end up having to resign with Orlando for the max or take a pay cut to go somewhere else if he don't shut up and let Orlando trade him.

11. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

Isn't Howard's camp who wants us out?:)

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This.

By now, everybody has already shown their hands. What more do you need bluff about?

If they wait till the trade deadline, the Houston offer will surely diminish because of the increased risk of Howard not resigning. They'll have less and less leverage.

13. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

It doesn't matter how much other team offer, and indeed Cleveland has the ability to offer similar deal as roxs(their willingness is another concern LOL). the bottom line is this roxs aren't going to make a trade that are not likely to give us a real chance to the title.

14. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

This,theymight have the worst front office in the NBA.They chose to pay Jameer over Anderson and not onl did they resign Jameer they gave him 8mil a year.SMH and people wonder why Dwight want's out of Orlando.

15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Agree with Raven, I can't see any scenario in which the Magic get a better package now than they would have gotten draft night.

16. gah

gah Member

Objectively speaking, yes, Bynum is the best player they could ever get for Howard, but that has been the case since day one, so there's a reason why that trade hasn't gone down already, and with time passing by, the Lakers potential offers have only gotten worse with them trading away all of their picks.

Unless they are just waiting for signed rookies to be eligible to be traded, I think the Magic are going to wait for the season to roll and hope for some other options to open up, because right now every possible scenario has been as exhausted as most of us are with this nightmare.

17. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Accomodate Dwight?? If that was the case he'd be a Brooklyn Net by this time. The Magic are only trying to Accomodate themselves.

18. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't see how it has to be an either/or proposition. At the least, all things being equal, I think a solution that doesn't cause Dwight to throw a hissy fit would be preferable to one that does.

Everybody, both for and against seem absolutely sure of everything. With respect to all the time spent on a trade to the Nets early on, the common perception among people in favor of trading for Dwight is that it was all for show.

An equally valid interpretation is that the Magic genuinely wanted to come up with a deal that was good for both parties. The fact that they won't do a deal that is bad for Orlando doesn't necessitate a total disregard for the wishes of Dwight.

I don't know which scenario is true. But I'm also pretty sure that you don't either, with the kind of certanty that everyone is showing.

1 person likes this.
  19. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

+ rep

20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

The longer they wait, the worst it is going to be for Mickey Mouse, as it is very possible Howard may not be physically ready to play, further diminishing Orlando's leverage.