1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Orioles @ Astros 6/3-6/5

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Uprising, Jun 3, 2003.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

Jason, what happened the other four innings? It was ok until you lost it. I mean almost 4 in a row. You lost your stuff and got tired. Own up.

2. CrazyJoeDavola

Maybe some of you can chime in here cause I don't know enough to make an accurate judgement, but isn't Fenway quite similar to Enron in its bandbox qualities??

3. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Member

I'm sure the O's pitchers b**** about Bean-town when they play there as well! The "Green Monster" is higher than the tops of the sandstone arches in left field though; but not as deep to straight-away center. I think the power allies are about the same but Fenway has lower out-field walls in right field.

4. Major

Major Member

<B>Jason, what happened the other four innings? It was ok until you lost it. I mean almost 4 in a row. You lost your stuff and got tired. Own up.</B>

What??! Did anyone read the second part of his quote?

<I>I was really upset with the way I pitched in the fifth.

``I should have gotten a loss. I got a no-decision, but the way I pitched I deserved to lose.'' </I>

5. Buck Turgidson

Yes. Very similar. Fenway's LF wall is taller but a few feet closer, it's deep in CF with a short porch in RF.

Ol' Jason should thank his lucky stars that the roof was closed, negating the jet stream out to LF.

6. Greg M

Greg M Member

It's not astrosconnection.com.

Kevin and Scott gave their endorsement to orangewhoopass.com. At this pont no material has been transferred to OWA.

OWA was thrown together VERY quickly and the technical brain of the site doesn't have that much time to devote. The guys there are making progress as fast as they can. Clutchcity was not built in a day, as all other no-profit sites.

As far as the message board there, you will not find more knowledgeable Astro fans on the internet. They know the game inside and out. Yes non baseball things are talked about but to me that is not a bad thing. It keeps the environment light just like the hangout area here sereves to do. If you would like the same topics to be rehashed over and over, then you won't like it. If you are a pixel candy addict you won't like it. But if you can do without those 2 things and want intelligent and knowledgeable baseball people then that's you're place, IMO of course.

Now how about the Everett bunt and the Ensberg salami! Terrific baseball.

7. Uprising

Uprising Member

Wednesday, June 4 @ 7:05 p.m. CT

Hentgen 1-2, 4.97

@

Miller 3-6, 4.76

Miller back from his killer 14k game. Let's hope he doesnt cool off yet. :cool:

8. How Sweet It Is

Wade was badass last game. Let's hope he has it in him again tonight:D :D

9. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Member
    Supporting Member

No Morgan in the starting lineup tonight. :(

10. fatman510

fatman510 Member

Miller is throwing another gem. With Oswalt and Miller getting back to ace form, along with Ensberg hitting lights out :D , this team is going to be formidable in the Central.

GO STROS!!

11. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Member

The Astros have a idiot for a manager.

12. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Member

maybe Jimmy sat the hottest hitter on the team because he showed up to the clubhouse without wearing slacks and a nice sport jacket. :rolleyes:

13. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Member
    Supporting Member

You know, it's funny...our team hits so well late in games, I find myself ectstatic everytime a starter is pulled...even if it is against a team with a good bullpen. It just seems like we have much more trouble hitting starting pitching than we do relief pitching. I don't know why.

On a side note, Morgan Ensberg freaking rules.

14. fatman510

fatman510 Member

Morgan freaking Ensberg does it again!
    That guy is awesome!
    RBI single (I know, its not much, but hes on fire!)

15. fatman510

fatman510 Member

Hey, good prediction, Baptista just homered off Wagner

16. BALLhog 247 365

astros win again...with oswalt pitchin tomorrow, im goin to bring my broom with me to the ballpark!

17. PhiSlammaJamma

Sweep. The Orioles were hot too. These are huge wins.

18. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Member

This idiot manager is 21-11 since that dreadful april, which was bad because of two blown bullpen games in milwaukee on that 13 game road trip. And this is with Roy on the DL for 2-3 weeks of that time.

He is pushing the right buttons especially in the late innings.

I like ensberg being somewhat platooned right now anyway.

It keeps blum active for when we need him(he is still a good player btw) and it keeps Morgan working hard and grounded egowise on his performance. Plus its working, and that is all that matters.

Btw the Astros are for real. They have played 31 games already against possible playoff teams out of 59, and are still 32-27, with all the starting pitching woes and hitting issues early on.

This team can win the NL, no doubt in my mind.

19. fatman510

fatman510 Member

[​IMG]
    Millers mulletia at work!

20. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I have my 3 year old now calling Lance Berkman "Twinkie Man" and Jeff Kent "Mr. Moustache" :D