1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Organizations OVER players!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Nov 20, 2009.

1. flashsky

flashsky Member

T-Money's soup opera show us that he's very supercilious and self-concerned.
    It seems that the Earth depend on him for ever.
    Enigmatical thoughts and enigmatical man(most of his time like a woman) ,in Orando ago and in Houston now.
    I have a hunch that T-Money will do the same thing as 2003-04 season.

2. likestohypeguy

Someone point me to the link of that one please?

The thought briefly crossed my mind, but if that were the case, there's no doubt an insurance company would be conducting their own investigation. Being so high profile, that would be a pretty shocking attempt by the Rockets.

3. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

Wow, guess you're more dense than I thought. I was being ironic sense it seems like you're favorite players are mostly white players in a era where 80% of NBA players are black. Let's see - Langhi, bizarro Spanoulis, Budinger, Sura? am I missing any? Who are my favorite players? Barkley, Olajuwon, Drexler, Magic Johnson. I would say Bird, but I just can't list a Celtic.

I'm a fan of talent. Talent is what wins in the NBA, not wishful thinking. Michael Jordan is a real ass, and I've seen Shaq pawing on a woman of the night at Benihana's. Great guys, no? Talented, yes. Winners, yes.

I support organizations who play to win. Playing to win means playing the best players even if they bring supposed drama. All teams have it. Lebron wouldn't shake hands with the Magic. Kobe pushed for a trade the season before the Lakers stole Gasol.

If you want a feel good story, watch some Lifetime network or an after school special. If you want to watch winning NBA basketball, then expect teams to put the best players on the court.

4. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Rockets first. Always.

Much appreciation to T-Mac for his contributions. Certainly.

Best wishes for both the team and the mac. Yes.

Much props to ClutchFans posters for the passionate views. Excellent.

Full acknowledgement of the lingering effects of Jack and Coke and the need to cease communicating in sentence fragments. Done deal.

5. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

And when there was talk we might get him, people here hilariously claimed that Tmac was better than Kobe and that Kobe was a cancer.

6. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

So many people are misinformed, not paying attention, or just being ignorant on purpose. All of these self-proclaimed #1 Rockets fans, do you realize insurance is already covering Tracy's salary and has been since last year? They weren't waiting until game 41 or 42 of this season to collect that money. It's been coming in for a good while now.

7. bloop

bloop Member

Tmac was better than Kobe where were you? Tmac was an equal scorer and better passer. He took terrible teams in 02 and 03 to the playoffs with much worse talent than Kobe's teams which missed the playoffs.

This might be a shock to you but guys lose a step when they get hurt. Kobe's been handed the most loaded team in the NBA the past 2 years and Tmac's suffered injuries and misfortunes on the Rockets, that doesn't diminish what Tmac's skills once were.

Stern might take objection to the "Organizations OVER players!" mantra, since that's the opposite of how he markets, runs and officiates the league but as a fan there's no choice. Literally. Until they trade Tmac, or Tmac comes back and storms the league there's nothing constructive from choosing one and demonizing the other: you can support both. A bit of static between a team and its star is not the end of the world. It might actually help Morey move Tmac if that's what Houston is determined to do.

Tmac isn't a cancer. He may be immature and self centered but he came to this team from Orlando determined to try to play within the system, shoulder less of the scoring burden and to defer to Yao and JVG. Things obviously haven't worked out the way he expected, but you can go down the line and say that for every single one on the Rockets, a team which has always shown promise since Tmac got here but never fully delivered on that promise as a team. And that includes everyone starting from Les down to the role players to the medical staff. Can you name ONE team over the last 5 years that's shown as much potential as Houston consistently every year and yet failed to fully deliver (whether due to injuries or what-have-you) You can't put all that on Tmac.

8. RyanB

RyanB Member

i cant agree more
    the problem with T-Mac is INMHO:
    1) he could never carry a team deep in the playoffs. It's almost like Charles Barkley, Karl Malone who could not win a champ even if they are among the best players ever.
    T-Mac without any doubt is one of the best players may be individually, but in a team he just could not do anything. that's why Kobe, James, Wade are much better players because of their impact on the team.

2) His personalty and egoism have never let him be a true "leader" paradoxically.
    He has a real problem to play with his teammates, and talks a lot without positive results. The T-Mac drama has lasted too long, and we dont need to remember our losses to Utah, Dallas...

So it's not whether T-Mac will be healthy or not, it's his personnality that does not fit with any team that wants to compete or contend where he is the "leader".
    Ron artest has always been seen as a "cancer", but look how he fits well with the Lakers,why? cause he is not the leader, and Kobe or Jackson won't let him destroy the team
    So for the Rockets, T-Mac is a real CANCER, he'll destroy the chemistry of the team even if healthy cause the problem is his personality.
    We can be better with Yao and 2 other strong players unselfish (Hamilton, Bosh ie).
    T-Mac if u want a champ go away to LA, Miami or another team where u won't be the N°1 SUPERSTAR!

9. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

1st Bold Statement
    The Charles and Karl statement was just bad... Especially with Charles... Charles carried the sixers for years without any help and he held his own against teams with far more talent...

When Charles and Karl made their appearance in the finals they ran into a Buzz saw called Jordan, the bulls and the refs...

2nd Bold Statement
    LOL!!!! Still early in the marriage...

Man everyone on this board is killin me with the NOW T-MAC is a Cancer... When he was winning games, he was the best show in town and now he's a Cancer.

Like I have stated before, this is a two way deal and both sides are too blame. This is not T-Mac's first time with going thru this and neither is it the Rockets (ala Hakeem). The problem right now is both sides are in a bad Hollywood marriage and the media is watching every move and when there is nothing they are making up something.

Brent Barry stated it best, T-Mac just needs to keep quiet.. because no matter what he says or does the media and everyone else will spin it for a story..

And no i'm not a T-Mac.. I hope they trade T-Mac and Yao...

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I thought you were being this stupid.....figured as much, because you left out Von Wafer, Aaron Brooks, Mike Harris, etc..etc..etc.. in your rush to make an idiotic inference.

But, it is to be expected, when people can't make intelligent points, they attack the poster, and make classless, baseless inferences like this.

Next time, do a little bit more research, and you won't come off looking like such a moron.

Maybe if you did that you would notice that I like a certain STYLE of play, and like players that fit into that style.......nah, that would be asking too much of you.

DD

#70 DaDakota, Nov 27, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  11. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

1)Not many players can. Kobe before the Pau Gasol trade. Remember them losing to the Suns in the first round and every media was bashing him for quitting in game 7? Remember Wade post Shaq?

2)Artest can't destroy the Lakers because they are loaded. Gasol, Bynum, Kobe, Odom, etc. We'll have to see if he helps them more than Tevor though we it comes to the elite teams. Winning the championship or it would be consider a failure for the Artest experiment.

12. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I never ever gave anyone a nickname and I never called scola scrubola, ever. I never said I didn't like scola, I just said I see and know his limits, ac green. I feel good about my sig bet, better than what you think or prettend to know. I'm good and I aint never scared. Battriza, gimme a break.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Oh heck no...you know I don't like Battriza starting, it was me that came up with that name.

And IIRC, you did call him Scubola, but I will concede maybe you didn't...he is already better than AC Green.

And even if that is all he ever amounts to, that is a championship caliber starting PF.

DD

14. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Tmac has been better than Kobe? When? The question is what planet were you on? There seems to have been alot of people still drinking the Mac-kool-aid then, but that was the time to pull off the steal of the century. I was definitely a pro Kobe-Tmac trade at the time and there were many calling Kobe cancer. IMO Kobe was and is the best player in the league. He is still trying to get better every year(Ex. working with Hakeem this summer), even after winning a championship. Would Tracy have done that? or would Tracy have just laid back and enjoyed his success? T-mac has pissed off fans, pissed of his teammates, Rick, Morey, and Les, while at the same time has made himself untradable. This is everyone's fault but Tracy's?

You made it sound as if Kobe was just handed a championship and didn't have to do anything for it. So easy that even "You" could have done it, huh? I bet Tracy couldn't have done it, He just doesn't have the mentality too. This is the difference that between being a winner or a loser. "Winner's" make things happen and "losers" make excuses.

You said it yourself, "Tracy isn't cancer", "he's selfish and immature". Well that makes for a great teammate doesn't it?, and know wonder the team doesn't want him around.

Is it the team? "which has always shown promise since Tmac got here but never fully delivered on that promise", or is it Tmac that has never fully delivered?, now matter where he's play or which team he's been on.

I think Tracy said it best, "It's on me".
    Why is it that that some never like to take responsibility for their actions and act like something is owed to them? entitlement?

My dad always said "if you don't like the situation only you can change it". Well it looks like the Rockets want to change their situation and I support them. Personally I'd rather the Rockets be a last place team with pride, than have Tracy smell up the locker room.

15. TurboGlennbo

TurboGlennbo Member

Wow - finally someone with some common sense here. Geez, I think all 10 of the T-Mac apologist are on this BB .... The T-Mac lovers are going to run out of excuses for the guy. Love is blind and there are some folks here in serious need of a good seeing eye dog

16. Hball

Hball Member

Rockets are 47-32 with mcgrady in the lineup, seems like your the one that's blind buddy.

17. leebigez

He's ac green, but you're right if u have dominant players somewhere else. The whole battriza thing is what I laugh at. You're the main torch bearer in the tracy mcgrady lynch mob, but you won't come out and say battier needs to be on the bench. Anyone that watches can see that. Ariza is ag least in the offense and chase is playing well enough to play more, but u hide because u don't want to turn off the battier crown. Don't be scurrred.

18. Hball

Hball Member

You can't put battier on the bench he's the leader of the team, the heart and soul of this team...lol

19. drobsnightmare

Yao doesn't have a track record of acting like a b****. And Tracy's chest is devoid of a heart. Instead its filled with his colossal selfish ego and a black goo-like substance.

20. leebigez

He led from the bench in memphis while playing 20 mins behind posey and nothing was missed. Tonight, he had more fouls than points and it was clear chase played better. He can be the cheerleader from the sidelines.