1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Organizations OVER players!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

There is a thread on the front page wondering if the Rockets have committed insurance fraud? It gets more desperate around here all the time. One day Tracy will go (who knows when) and to a point, it will restore balance around here.

There was a time, before twitter, commercials, endorsements and money, when players played for their employers. They played under the reality that they were employed, and the team was the boss. Coaches, were an extension of that boss into the locker room. It was etiquette that players respected the coach. The best of the best weaved themselves into their teams, enhancing the teams overall abilities.

There were always exceptions, but sports did have a day when there was a lot more respect to teams, coaches and owners from players (and fans)Today, a lot of that is gone and players are far more apt to skew teammates, their teams, their coaches etc. Generally though, you don't see a ton of it.
    Honestly, I think we are all so used to Tmacs antics that we are quick to shrug off this latest incident. WHEN WE SHOULD NOT BE.

Announcing his own season ending injury, Announcing his own return date and dressing at the game Wednesday is enough to indicate to me that either he wants out, or he no respects the organization being in the drivers seat. Extrapolate that onto the basketball court. Add in 3/4 of a season to earn big money. This team is 100% about winning as a TEAM right now. Tracy Mcgrady will change that big time. Think of everything that has happened the last 2 years and use that as a backdrop to this whole scene. What do you think is really gonna happen?

We always have spoken about when he will become a cancer. HE IS ONE, NOW! Think about what we have going on right now and the fragility of it.
    Think Tracy is gonna come back and D up? Sprint down the court with reckless abandon like these other guys?

Why would he follow the plan the coach has in place? If he won't follow the one the owner and GM have? What happens when he starts to disagree? With his ego, he will surely take down more than just him.

We have a wonderful organization. Great owner and GM. Classy players that work hard, play together. We shouldn't upset that. Tracy McGrady is making a conscience effort to put himself above the team right now. Say that in your head.....

NBA, NFL, MLB, all these leagues have thrived on organizations over players. Because when a guy goes Rogue, it can seriously set you back.

4 people like this.
  2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

This Tracy thing is turning into something epic on the BBS....

3. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

lets see. t-mac wants to play for his next contract, but the rockets don't want him back. me thinks the next step is t-mac is about to force a trade.

4. ibm

ibm Member

what does mcgrady have in common with marbury and iverson? they're all talented players, and - ? :p

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Preach on preacher!!

DD

6. spaceage808

spaceage808 Member

LOL T-Mac cant force a trade if he wanted to. he is utterly powerless. the same way the rockets were, when T-Mac announced to the media that he was done for the season last year.

Like i said. Karmas a biyatch. Suck it Tmac, whos your daddy now?

7. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

Tmac thread is popping up like wild fires. But I agree. At the end of the day team comes first and the Rockets is doing what is best for them in the long run. It's like Orlando all over again. I woudn't be surprise at some point in future to see Mcgrady on espn with Smith throwing the Rockets under the bus and cursing out Morey. Mcgrady leg might fully healed but what he did to the Rockets is yet to heal. The Rockets will be better off just like the Magic. All we need to do now is to tank :p

8. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

couldnt have said it any better myself.

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Francis3422,

Very well written. Could not agree more.

10. mustang98

mustang98 Member

We always have spoken about when he will become a cancer. HE IS ONE, NOW! Think about what we have going on right now and the fragility of it.
    Think Tracy is gonna come back and D up? Sprint down the court with reckless abandon like these other guys?

That's exactly what everyone was saying during the 22 game win streak. We don't need him, he's gonna destroy the chemistry. The exact opposite happened. He carried the team to 10 more wins without Yao and playing the exact same style they're playing now.

11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

He did not carry anything he was a part of it....and slowly went back to playing his own style.

Pass.

DD

12. SOLO

SOLO Member

Wow. You guys in here are all some craaaaazy haters i sware. I think its funny. WTF do u think u can do without t-mac?? Make playoffs? No. Ya youll win a few games because u scrap but u need a go to guy an he still is. An after all the work he put in to get back and the caliber player he is, the organization should be more outspoken on how excited they are to get that player back healthy. So stop hatin sayin he is a cancer because he's not an never has been. He expects what he deserves which is respect. Injuries are his only problem an if it wasnt for being unlucky with them, he would still be consider top 5 in the league an you guys wouldnt be hatin so hard. Your just frustrated about his injuries over the years. Well guess what?? thats a part of life an a part of the game. GET OVER IT. Your not gonna win with a bunch of scrappy scrubs who would ride the bench on most teams.

13. ibm

ibm Member

wtf you think we can do with him, at this point?

14. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Tmac's Agent?

1 person likes this.
  15. spaceage808

spaceage808 Member

HEY Guess what? we havnt exactly gotten out of the first round WITH T-MAC. Just what do you think we will do when we get him back?

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Heck we didn't win with Tmac either, but at least these players aren't going to lay down and quit, or point fingers of blame at their teamates, or toss the organization under the bus, or well....too many to name.

Tracy has burned enough bridges for me to ever be a fan of his, the sooner he gets traded the better.

I don't wish him ill, I hope he gets healthy and plays well elsewhere, I would rather the team go in a different direction.

And, maybe you are just one of his crew that is scared his money is drying up?

LOL......

DD

17. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

LOL Tmac's personal goons trying to make his point on Clutchfans. Never underestimate the power of Clutchfans nation! Tmac lovers have no sympathy here.

18. banks71

banks71 Member

No comparison
    Iverson >>>>>>> TMac >> Marbury

19. spaceage808

spaceage808 Member

LOL, I think thats actually TMac, not his agent.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

so what would happen if this were Yao wanting to play?