1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Oregonian] McMillan blows whistle on officials

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xelloss12, Apr 27, 2009.

1. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

They want Yao to have some foul numbers as Oden and Prysbilla? That's not fairness dude.

2. abc2007

abc2007 Member

They think Oden and Prysbilla are great defenders just like Battier and Artest.

3. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

lol check out the irony in this comment

4. dtowninyourtown

dtowninyourtown Contributing Member

McMillan is an idiot if he really believes all of that. I hope this is just a desperate attempt to get the refs to help him out a little more or something.

That is just a bunch of crap when he says his team played just as aggressive as the Rockets... unless he is just referring to Roy when he says the team. Then yes, he was aggressive and he got foul shots for it.

Just like someone else said, they just take a bunch of jumpshots and their centers blow offensively. So of course Yao doesn't pick up many fouls because he essentially doesn't have to guard anyone.

What a bunch of babies.... That commentators article is just a bunch of whining. That is pathetic.

5. Darmonx

Darmonx Contributing Member

this kinda tells me i shouldn't watch game 5. i'm expecting lopsided officiating in game 5. i remember the same crap dallas pulled 3 years ago and the officiating just turne on the rockets and lost the series.

6. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

[​IMG]

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

what a joke.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

You know someone is grasping at straws when they blame, of all people, Richard Justice for officiating.

They really think NBA refs read Richard Justice columns to decide how to officiate?

9. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Finally, Portland is paying the price for murdering Yao...i am loving it. It's not consistent in game #2 and #3 because the damm refs are stupid enough to let the Blazers man handled Yao which is unacceptable. That is why they correct thesituation in game #4. And now you're whining?? Plz!! You should lucky to get game #2 because the refs help you out!!

10. brooksstephens

I was unaware of the rule that says that both teams have to have the same amount of fouls

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

touch fouls on yao? what a fu#$king joke.... this is called begging the league to help them guard yao because "mommy's he's too big and he's picking on me!!!!"

Stern will listen to this too. expect game 5 to be a wrestling match with yao getting about 6 shots because the refs will "let it go".

Yao is the worst officiated player in the nba...BY FAR... and he's hammered every night. They're lucky the refs don't call half the fouls portland center's put on him.

if artest and battier put their hands all over roy he wouldn't average 20 i guarantee that.

an absolute joke that anybody would b**** about yao getting too many calls. after what he goes through every night. i'm pissed.

12. MisterPink

MisterPink Member

Right?

The way they said it, too. Like that was an enormous injustice. I think they're sensing an early end to this series...

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Just depends on how Stu and the refs look at it. I distrust Stern too. He is always looking for his marketing gimmicks. I'm sure he would like to see this series get extended.
    Even if the officiating is fair,it's going to be a tough game.

#33 saleem, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  14. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

This is the point I stop at and end the discussion. McMillan throwing Oden and Przybilla up there with Artest and Battier is like Dampier calling himself the second-best center in the NBA. It's a simple proposition: Portland's centers have to foul Yao to have any hope of defending him, where our wings don't have to foul Roy to defend him. We don't have to foul anyone to defend them; that's been our MO all year. On the other hand, Oden's MO all year has been to avg a record-breaking 9 fouls per 48 minutes.

We don't foul. You do. Better luck next year Portland. Try to avoid us if you get the chance.

15. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

I hope the Rockets blow them out tomorrow.

16. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Maybe not! The lakers are waiting. The fans want to watch the lakers' games.

17. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Good post. Agreed entirely.

If McMillan has such a problem with his bigs picking up fouls maybe he should consider playing Yao differently? This annoying "fronting" approach relies heavily on BODY-TO-BODY contact. Hey, we've all been down this road too. Yao is usually good for at least two offensive fouls per game wrestling with and trying to get around his defender. This is nothing new to us!

P.S. Roy gets every whistle there is to get.

18. supdudes

supdudes Member

One person also said
    Not very bright...First of all who cares about Fernandez when you have Gaso-line to watch (a bit biased, I know). But also.... It's upsetting to see that nobody, outside Houston, who knows this is a team that's lost ALOT of playoff series, and that sheer athleticism and KG jumpers (Aldridge) don't always get a W. :cool:

19. dtowninyourtown

dtowninyourtown Contributing Member

I completely agree with this. They are acting like Oden hasn't picked up fouls at a high rate to begin with.

It really is like they just expect the refs to be completely equal for both teams.

Found this little comment from a trailblazer fan in that play by play dudes whiney article:

There are some seriously delusional blazer fans posting comments there.

20. HoustonRockets

I hope this is not like the Mavs series where Cuban complained about Yao Ming and JVG was fined for defending yao....which resulted in the Mavs winning the series eventually.