1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Opinion: 'R' logo in gold (fire theme!)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NL Rocket, Oct 13, 2012.

?

Change colours 'R' logo like on Rockets.com?

1. Yes, I like it and bring on the change in other areas as well!

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Yes, but just the logo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, change it to something nostalgic with a new twist

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  4. No, though I like the fire theme

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  5. No, logo is fine the way it is

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. Nice idea but I have something better in mind ;)

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Just looking at just our logo on the Rockets website with the light shining bright through it makes it look really good imo. It's kind of like fire with bright white /orange glow that you also see when a spaceship launches. The more you go up the less bright it becomes and it's sort of a mix between gold, white and orange.

What would you guys think if the logo changed an the colours would be similar to what is now on top of rockets.com? So similar to the fire that you see when a 'rocket' launches if you will ;) This imo would be a nice change and could facilitate a colour pattern change. So to get away from the whole red era and go into a more blending of yellow / gold, orange and white and have a whole fire theme to it.

Just something to think about, because going back to ketchup and mustard is just for nostalgia and imo we to keep that in the past. Those colours, the logo and everything surrounding it should be reminiscent of our golden years (80-95). We've had a change in colour patterns before with the 96-03 so why not step away from the red, white and grey. It's not like red will ever be associated with the Rockets anyway and the colours of our jerseys, court and everything doesn't exactly scream RED.

Even with a change to a more fire type colouring could have red at the core so maybe have some red tips here and there you know. It's just an idea and I'm wondering what people would think. It's probably not going to happen but it just popped into my head and I never thought about it before.

So what do you guys think? (Please refrain from comments like it's not going to happen, what's the point etc)

2. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Pics or GTFO :)

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

The logo itself sucks.
    Nothing can make that thing look good.

4. poing

poing Member

[​IMG]

I voted no.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Edit: Poing has it.

Probably not the best pic but he's talking about 'A New Age'.

[​IMG]