1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Opening Night in New York

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Gascon, Oct 29, 2002.

1. Gascon

Gascon Member

Many apologies to the admins for starting a new thread, but I was afraid the NY BBSers would not click on the College Station thread.

Any of you guys getting together for the game at a sports bar or anything? If so, I'd like to attend. My buddy Andy and I are planning on watching it, and we haven't picked a bar yet.

Let me know.

Gascon

2. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

good idea!!!

NYC Rocketball Association

I think I will be at a new bar on the UPper East Side called BLondie's(there is a BLondie's on the UPper West as well, but I live closer to the new one.)

its on 2nd and 92nd.

if anyone has any other reccomendations, like Sports Bars with League Pass, or hell, anyone got league pass that they want to share with some poor New YOrkers who LOVE the ROckets, I'm game.

3. across110thstreet

p.s.

you might want to post a New York ROcketball Association meeting thread in the BBS Hangout.

the ROckets forum might get pretty busy in the next couple of days.

4. onetwo88

onetwo88 Member

ESPN sportszone in times square

too many tourists though

5. Gascon

Gascon Member

across110,

Blondie's sounds good to me. I don't really care as long as they have the game, and I can find a place to sit with a reasonably good view.

ESPN The Zone would be fine, too...I guess...never tried to watch a game there, though, and it strikes me as kind of pricey. I did go in to use the restroom once, though, ;) and it seemed nice.

Let me know what you guys plan on doing, though.

mcmark, you out there? :)

6. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Contributing Member

I have league pass...but uhh..i live in Brooklyn

7. across110thstreet

all right I'm coming over.

Brooklyn represent

L to the G, get off at Washington,

home of the FRANCINE TOWERS

I will be at BLondie's at around 8:00(I have a class at tipoff, though I am tempted to skip it)

2nd ave, 92nd street

8. Gascon

Gascon Member

Cool.

I'll try to be there by tipoff. I gotta get a hold of my buddy, though. :( And I'm seeing the Producers today. :) But I should be able to make it in time.

I'll be dressed mostly in black, with a turtleneck sweater that has a white horizontal stripe.

This is starting to feel a little too much like You've Got Mail :eek: ;)

9. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Speaking of opening night festivities:

Coco Lee, Jagged Edge To Perform Opening Night @ Compaq Center:

http://www.nba.com/rockets/

International recording artist Coco Lee and Jagged Edge will be the featured performing acts at Compaq Center when the Rockets tip off their home opener Saturday, Nov. 2 against the Toronto Raptors. Lee will perform one song during pregame as well as the National Anthem. Jagged Edge will perform two songs at halftime, including their hit "Where's The Party At."