1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Open Scrimmage 10/23/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Sep 28, 2016.

1. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Is this still happening on Sunday?

2. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Yup

3. hvic

hvic Member

I drink and smoke so what is the excuse :)

4. 13 in 33

13 in 33 Member

Well it's a good thing the Texans will beat the Broncos on Monday then. We can get both!

5. WeAllHateDallas

From the Houston Rockets, here is what the cans are for:

The Rockets will distribute one (1) raffle ticket for every 5 non-perishable food items donated. Up to 20 non-perishable food items (4 raffle tickets) can be redeemed per person. Guests will use raffle tickets to enter various giveaway drawings upon entrance.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There better be some AMAZING raffles If they are charging you guys for autographs.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

So who went?

When Rockets coach Mike D'Antoni was asked what did he get out of the fan fest scrimmage on Sunday, he joked, "Nothing."

The starters won the game on a Clint Capela tip-in at the buzzer.

-Calvin Watkins

8. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I was there. Brought the whole fam. I actually had a really good time. The last few I've been to during the McHale era were pretty pathetic. Not much scrimmaging and stuff like them playing H-O-R-S-E. And those scrimmages were literally like a competition on who could give the least amount of effort. Like getting into a slow jog was laborious. This year they were actually running and playing basketball. It was nice.

rockets13champs likes this.
  9. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

This year they have team chemistry, that's why they was playing basketball. They love basketball. Were the raffle tickets worth anything?

10. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Heyyy OYD.

I didn't check to see what was being raffled. I brought 20 packs of Ramen so we had 4 or 5 raffle tickets but we were never texted as a winner. I think they were raffling off autograph session passes. They had Power Dancers running around the lower bowl handing out autograph session passes.

11. LSSLAMBAM

LSSLAMBAM Member

Here's my report of how Fan Fest went:

Got there at about 1230pm since i knew i wouldn't care about the stuff besides the player practice. Crowd couldn't have been more than 2000 - much bigger when Dwight was there but could have also been conflicting times with church for some no-shows. Was surprised to see Murph/Horry/Mooch being interviewed in roundtable form at center court - didn't have to see that live if it's gonna be online but would've been nice to know they were going to do it. After that the launch crew type people acted like they were going to throw t-shirts but instead they came into the crowd and gave out autograph passes to people who screamed loudly. I got one of the last ones - Ariza/Harrell/McDaniels. Then waited about 10-15 min and then the players came out. I was STUNNED that they ended up having a scrimmage - a pleasant surprise considering what they did (or didn't do) in the recent years. The guys seemed to play hard - wouldn't have minded a few highlight plays/dunks but nice to see them locked in. The game did go to 'overtime' with Capela winning it with a tip in at the buzzer. So we got to see about 15 total minutes of them playing which was fine considering they had a full practice beforehand. Rookie dance off after that - was pretty entertaining! Then they posed for a group picture - i was trekking to my autograph section at that point but pretty sure they posed with each of the people who paid $150 for the full open practice experience. When i got to my line i could tell that the people in charge had no clue who was supposed to sit where (except for Harden/Dekker/Nene together in the gold line), so i ended up with Ariza and Tyler Ennis. Montrezl was the only player not at practice and McDaniels was put with another group. For those of you who noticed that they didn't put Wiltjer's name on one of the groupings, he ended up in the photo op line with Onuaku and Payton II.

Considering I was only there for about 2 hours, it was overall a good experience. I did donate food and $ to the charities involved and didn't have to wait out in the heat. Here are some pics and video for y'all to enjoy.

Pics
    https://www.snapfish.com/library/sh...yWESeJ7WIEyNUi1wg/AUS/27940660885070/SNAPFISH

Last part of scrimmage

Rookies & Harden dance

CK Johnson and OldYelllowDog like this.