1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Open Practice & Red Rowdies Auditons: Oct 28th 12PM

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 00rocketgirl, Oct 22, 2012.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Or Lauren Hill off the Fugees

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Or Jeremy Lin off the Rockes.

3. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!! That's the best one today!

4. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I didn't know all of this. Although I am a fan of the Rockets, I have not read my Red Rowdies Digest for this month. ;)

5. DreHNIC

DreHNIC Member

Dumb question....or maybe not, but is it a deal breaker if you don't have any rockets costumes or attire and want to audition? -___________-

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Keep fighting the good fight against the White Quieties (or maybe the Quiet Whiteys?)!

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

RIP Red Rowdies

8. VanityHalfBlack

Yes, it's like saying you wanna be a stripper but yah got no t*** or ass

9. PhiSlammaJamma

I agree. The Rowdies need to step up their game. The first year, it created a college like atmosphere that picked up on TV ( even if only 1/4 of the stadium, you could hear it. but whispers the last few years. non-existent. I hope they can deliver some atmosphere and earn whatever they are being given for all 4 quarters. Effort people. Effort.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

In Europe many of the die-hard fans don't wear jerseys during the games. All about supporting your team with chants and songs. Feel like the part of the Rowdies where you have to wear costumes is stupid and doesn't help, that way real guys like we have in Europe shy away and the atmosphere goes more to the fun site instead of creating a fear factor that disturbs opposing teams.

Do it like the rest of the world, where one guy stands up in front of all and fires up the people by starting chants and songs with his megaphone, then you also have guys playing drums to support it. That's the feeling I never see in US arenas.

A bunch of rowdies in flashy costumes and with punny signs or screams aimed at single players won't hype the crowd.

11. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

No not a deal breaker. Keep in mind that it may be more helpful for the judges to remember you or select you the rowdier you look. Decking out in all Rockets gear would be good. Then when you make it, there's nothing wrong with wearing the Red Rowdies shirt they give out & jeans or shorts to every game. We've got lots of people who don't wear costumes.

12. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

Red Rowdies didn't have that great of showing until the last preseason game, but we haven't had tryouts yet. & it is preseason & much better attendance in the rowdies section compared to the rest of the arena's attendance. Since we haven't had tryouts yet, it was just an open invite to former Rowdies.

I won't be a Red Rowdy until about mid December, but I did get a chance to go stand with them for a quarter at the last game.

As for the chanting & European style, Rowdies are in a constant battle with the game audio. Dynamo games don't have that so their fan sections get to make their own music & have a lot to play with. I'm sure the same goes for the European teams. Whenever Rowdies try to jump the gun in a moment of silence with a let's go rockets chant, the audio people select a different song or beat, then we have to adjust. Anything creative and fun is difficult to do with the in house music.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Forgot about this, sad truth. It's digusting how NBA arenas are filled with shows and music all game long, really hard to implement a fan-driven atmosphere.

14. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Contributing Member

Who cares, just have fun. I think you should be a member of the "White Quiety" crowd, lol

15. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

hitman?

1 person likes this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

Or Sting off the Police

17. VanityHalfBlack

Or Lauren Hill off the Fugees

18. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

Shave your head first.

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:eek: Should be GRAY QUIETY or SILVER QUIETY... "white" sounds racist.

Are you a racist, Amigo?? :p

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Or Gladys Knight off the Pips