1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OOTP6 League Forming

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by The Cat, Jul 31, 2005.

1. The Cat

The Cat Member

For anyone interested (we seem to remember a couple inquiring about an OOTP6 league), we're starting up a league in the next week or so. For those who haven't participated before, Zac_D from the BBS runs the league and a group of us (Zac, moestavern19, Manny Ramirez, kam, Heath, Puedlfor, DVauthrin, NYKRule, myself and a whole lot of others) essentially play simulated baseball... which, believe it or not, is incredibly addictive. You run your own team with the help of every statistic known to man and personnel control.

This would be a good time to join because we're starting anew from 2005. However, if you're interested in claiming a team, don't do so because of their current roster. We're holding a draft of all players in baseball where you can hand-select your own team and build it as you see fit. This draft will take place in a week or two, so there is time, but Zac is looking at doing the draft lottery in a day or two, and he wants all team claims to be made by that point. Because teams are being formed via the draft and revenues will be the same (initially) for all teams, team choice is nothing more than cosmetic.

Interested? If so, register and post a team choice in our "Clutch Leagues" forum in the team selection thread posted below. Also browse through the league page and click on the "free agents" link... there you can view the ratings of all players in the draft you would have to choose from. Questions? Email me, and I'll do my best to help, and if I can't, I'll send you on to our commissioner (Zac). Also stop by our chat room at #houstonrockets (password is ootp) and someone can direct you.

Selection Thread:
    http://p088.ezboard.com/fclutchleaguesfrm11.showMessageRange?topicID=1.topic&start=21&stop=28

League Site:
    http://www.clutchleagues.com/OOTP4/OOTP6/index.html

Thanks for reading, and hope to see a few of you guys in the league in a few days.

#1 The Cat, Jul 31, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2005
  2. Heath

Heath Member

Again, as I said in another thread, the password was never meant to be a secret, we just added it to keep bots from joining the chat with spam or whatever. It is 'ootp'.

So to join said chatroom you just type up: /join #houstonrockets ootp

(disclaimer: the room is not connected to clutchfans.net and the amount that is spent talking about houston rockets drown in all the other stuff that goes on there)

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

i hate all these people

4. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

moes has pent up hate because of his ever lingering virginity. excuse him. we forgive you.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

joe torre loves ian very much.

6. Kam

Kam Member

your signature makes baby jesus' eyes cry.

7. Heath

Heath Member

Cool, one more GM in the mold. You can be the next, still plenty of teams available.

8. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Member

This actually sounds pretty fun. Do I just need to claim a team in the forum linked above?

9. Heath

Heath Member

Yeah, that is what you need to do.

10. SamCassell

SamCassell Member

Every time I get out, they pull me back in.

11. fadeaway

fadeaway Member

Sam -- please see my request in the fantasy baseball thread. Thanks.

12. SamCassell

SamCassell Member

Fade, greetings and salutations. I just replied in that thread.

13. Heath

Heath Member

14. Heath

Heath Member

BTW

Commish Zac_D posted the randomized draft order in said thread, masking the non taken teams to not give advantage to anyone joining after its randomization :)

10 teams still available

al central:
    chicago (a)
    kansas city

al west:
    seattle

nl east:
    atlanta
    philadelphia

nl central:
    milwaukee
    pittsburgh

nl west:
    arizona
    colorado
    san francisco

15. Kam

Kam Member

So how the hell did i get the 30th pick.

16. Heath

Heath Member

Seattle grabbed by rocketfan, leaving 9 teams.

17. Preston27

Preston27 Member

I've only been in one previous online league, so go easy on me. That means trading me your best prospects for garbage. :D

18. Heath

Heath Member

The draft for this league is about to start. I will refer you to the thread at our forum to keep updated with the league and the draft.

http://p088.ezboard.com/fclutchleaguesfrm11

19. The Cat

The Cat Member

This is just a last minute reminder for you guys on the BBS like GriffinFan, RF007, Sammy, fade, etc. that the draft starts at 4 today and everyone has a six hour window, so check the draft board frequently if your pick is in the near future. If possible, come over to the chat at #houstonrockets ootp as I'm sure we'll be talking about it. If you're going out and worried about it getting to your pick while you're gone, just email Zac a list like he said in the thread.

Anyway, thanks to all of you that joined and good luck in the draft.

20. Heath

Heath Member

RocketFan007 you will be up in the draft the moment Zac shows (2 autopicks coming prior to you). If you cant be around to pick, can you please give a list of 3 players as we are eager to get some more picks in today?