1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

only steve o could do this

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by denniscd, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Gel is actually the more correct use of the term. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/gel

And by getting Steve and Scola without using our valuable trade assets, we can strengthen the frontcourt even more so by combining those assets.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

not only that, but Francis at $2.4m has pretty good trade value, I figure. The guy can score. He has a better midrange game than James...in terms of pure scoring. We could parlay this into another Francis trade come trade deadline, if Aldelman doesn't think he's going to mesh. I doubt Francis repeats his malcontent ways before that, so we could fake the league into thinking he has turned a new leaf, like Stackhouse did.

If I'm Aldelman, I'm going to get Francis on the floor with the uptempo squad as a SG and TMac at SF...for 15 minutes with Yao resting. Say something like James, Francis, TMac, Wells and Hayes. hahahahaha You can take that squad and shove it up your ass Dallas. Chase that!

Get an uptempo squad running. Make it simple for Francis. Show off his skills. Get him happy. Get him running. Then for 10 minutes with Yao on the floor hopefully he'll be content to play through Yao, and do some simple low post sets. Then for the other 24 minutes that Yao plays without Francis, we do the real Aldelman offense that Francis probably won't be able to execute.

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

the excitement is in the accumulation of good talent that morey is getting together. francis right now is like icing on the cake. if this was the first or only move of the offseason we'd certainly be seeing a lot more b****ing, but it isn't, it's more like another step in the right direction. that's something to be happy about.

4. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

or maybe, he gained a lot of weight, and so he's gonna need three digits on his uni, hence his new 333 jersey number.

5. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

So I guess no one else thought this thread was about dribbling out the shot clock?

I kid. Mostly.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Upon hearing this news, Bonzi Wells went to Morey and demanded his own news conference formally announcing his return, to be held on Monday at 6:66 pm.

7. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

hahahhaa

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

SHHH.....don't tap the fish tank.

;)

DD

9. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

funny! :eek: :D

10. abundance

abundance Member

I laughed so loud, my co-worker looked at me.

11. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I love it! Love Francis brashness. As long as he fits in with the team, which I think he will, the sky's the limit. Francis is a fearless and clutch player.

12. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Yeah, because this isn't a league of prima donnas or anything. :rolleyes:

13. D'AmericanDream

D'AmericanDream New Member

What I wanted most this offseason was some swagger so im glad we got it; swagger beat Dallas last year, not talent. But it doesn't hurt to have both :D

14. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

any video links of the pres conference?

15. lastopsuburb

lastopsuburb Member

yes please

16. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He didn't skip a game he was suspended a game for missing practice due to going to the Super Bowl...I wanna say that sucks because the Super Bowl is only once a Year but if I worked on Sundays I couldn't just not show up. But like someone posted....he's only human and made a few mistakes other than that I really can't remember Stevie being and Ass or not playing his heart out. Yes he dribbled the ball to death I use to yell at my T.V. " Stop dribbling the freaking ball Stevie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!," but hey he won some games for us.....Cool I still have his Jersey....... :D