1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Only one person to blame

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheSource, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Same with Paul recruiting Melo

We got 65 wins last season.so I'm less concerned with regular season wins. Just hoping we're healthy for the playoffs -- assuming Paul plays ~55 games.

topfive likes this.
  2. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

LOL TheSource! shut the hell up dude. we have one of the best GMs in the business. i think he knows a little bit more about this business than you do.

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I think the only person to blame is Obama.

4. rammo

rammo Member

The exciting/frustrating thing is not knowing how or where Morey is going to go to try and turn this around. But he will. He’s not chilling in his office like “ahhh seasons done, oh well...”

Only an moron could deny his track record of “doing something” in a situation like this. Stay ready Red Nation.

Man I just wish our insiders had some news....... since @Codman locked up his profile I’ve become very numb.

joshuaao and DaDakota like this.
  5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I blame the NBA refs. None of this would of happened, if not for Game 7 robbery caught on live TV.

6. tc0330

tc0330 Member

we're competing in an age where the best team in the league has been the best team in the league since 2014. yet we still came 1 game shy of making it to the finals 1 year ago with basically the team we have. and now we're battling against more than 1 super team this year.

yall quick to point the finger. sucks rockets cant get the love they deserve from their own fans

7. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

Which begs the question... why didn’t we keep the team as it was?

I’m sorry but this debacle of a season falls on ownership and secondarily Morey. If fertita genuinely wanted another chance at gsw, then he should have spent the bucks, accepted the higher lux tax, and given us a more worthy shot at the title again.

U don’t go from 2nd best offense to 11th. And being the 6th best defense to 22nd while keeping your top three players and not blame bad off season decisions.

tc0330 likes this.
  8. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i agree. taking risks also has the risk of failing. it happens, sadly it happened to us. but not TOO bad... i think the biggest thing was money. we couldnt afford to sign ariza back (especially for 15mil/yr) with CP and Capela's new big extensions. then we took the risk of losing luc to replace him and ariza with melo and a cheap player - ennis.

the main goal i believe was getting anderson off our books. so far the new "supporting" pieces arent working out. luckily, the new pieces we received from the anderson trade are easier to move than anderson's contract now giving us more flexibility.

i dont see morey leaving our situation like this. we're still winning games with the team we currently have. so, just gonna take some time for a new move to develop. if we go into panic mode and just start flipping players, we could get ourselves in a worse situation.

9. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

you can blame morey but this is a players league... and cp3 shoulda seen what was coming and signed a more team friendly contract at this stage of his career. him signing for that amount - no matter how good he is... just doesnt sit well - especially when we all know he's playing 60 games a year.

ak99999 likes this.
  10. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

So if Morey is 'to blame' for this year...is Morey 'to credit' for last year?

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I blame myself for believing...:(

#RunItBack

DaDakota, joshuaao and daywalker02 like this.
  12. bmelo

bmelo Member

he is responsible of bringing good players

13. TimV

TimV Member

Paul is the leader of the player's union. As such, he is conflicted by the need to look at the welfare of the players in the league themselves and his own team. Thus, he really couldn't have taken less money, just like other union leaders like Curry and Lebron didn't with their latest contracts. This is clearly an effort by the union and their leadership to place pressure on the owners to restructure the cap rules in the next CBA. If Morey didn't consider that in his calculations on evaluating a trade for him, than that is on him.

14. gogispade

gogispade Member

I think that if Morey would know by the end of last years season, that other "super" teams would struggle that much(boston, gsw..), he would probably pay Ariza and Luc.

15. TheSource

TheSource Member

I’m not telling him how to do his job I’m just calling it how I see it those 2 signings did not pan out it’s now on him to fix the problems

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Of course.

DD

17. hakeemthagreat

Lol. Melo played 10 games & ppl are still obsessed with blaming him for the season. Melo could've actually HELPED our bench right now. Gary Clark isn't capable of scoring 27pts on a good night. We NEED Melo's scoring off the bench

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Bingo!
    I am not overly concerned about the season
    much less this early part

Rocket River

19. bratna8

bratna8 Member

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]