1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Only 5 Contenders This Year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spacemoth, Dec 1, 2013.

1. roxfan4life00

roxfan4life00 Member

If CP played the Utah game, we would have won easily. It was a combination of Parsons nor playing and almost everyone but Harden having a off game. This was TJones worst game he played since he became the starter. They will bounce back against Phoenix.

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

The Rockets were without Chandler Parsons in Utah :confused:

Yeah, the Rockets had Harden and Howard and should have won just the same, but I'd much rather win in San Antonio and lose in Utah than the other way around. The win over the Spurs shows the real upside of this team right now. The loss in Utah shows how important Parsons is and that defensive effort needs to be consistent every night.

They have some things to work on and Chandler and Jeremy Lin need to get healthy, but I'm not down on this team just yet.

3. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Portland Trailblazers are starting to look like contenders, I thought they would fall because of their easy early season schedule, but they are holding on tight to that #2 spot, and they just beat the Pacers.

4. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

so clutch, with a healthy parsons and lin and everybody else, how far do you see us going this year?

5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

When the spurs are down a key player or two they bring it just the same. If I'm being too harsh it's cuz I think with Howard and hardens talent and the rest of our squad I really think we should be better than this.

Just saying in no way are we contenders. I have so many doubts about this team in a playoff series, but they should at least be taking care of business during the season and getting a top seed.

6. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

In a series, the only teams I fear are OKC and LA Clippers. OKC is too experience and I think Westbrook is going to go all out on all the games against the Rockets. The Clippers is scary because I think Dwight, or even Harden can get in trouble with C.Paul's and Griffin's mind games. Our depth will beat the Blazers and our youth will beat the Spurs. Just waiting for Asik to wake up.

7. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Ha. Our youth is what would lose us the spurs series. There is no way this team currently can knock off the spurs in the playoffs. hopefully we can get better once the post season comes along and we can compete but for now Mchale ain't coaching this team to a series win over the spurs.

I totally agree with you about Portland. That is the one team I feel we would most definitely be able to knock off in the playoffs from the top teams.

8. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Contributing Member

You may need to have whatever that is surgically removed from your rear quarters.

9. Bamushake

Bamushake Member

It's okay Beverley will just take him out again

10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah I mean the spurs have been doin it for the past 10 years, the rockets haven't been doing it but clearly you know more because you watched that one regular season rockets game last saturday

11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

1 of 5 contenders right?
    More like 1 of 9 mid tier western conference team

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

I'm sure if you take out Ibaka, Reggie Jackson, and Thabolosha from the Thunder, they'd also be a mid-tier WC team.

Yes, the Rockets without their 3rd, 4th, and 5th best player aren't as good as they were at full strength. Excellent analysis.

13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

They wouldn't be contenders. But they would still beat Utah and Phoenix. Cuz they still have durant and Westbrook just like you shouldn't be making excuses cuz we still have Howard and harden.

How do you like dem analysis'

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

Last year the Thunder lost to the Timberwolves when Kevin Martin sat out with an injury. Not Martin+Ibaka+Thabo, but just Martin himself.

OKC a middling team last year?

15. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Nah they've done it before so they can do it again
    We haven't done anything

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

I like how you move the goal post here. Glad to know you're just making up stuff as you go along and not actually trying to use logic or anything.

17. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Calm down people. Parsons Lin and Asik out today. Add Harden to that trio and you're talking about half our rotation who didn't even suit up for this game. Throw the tape out the window and start over tomorrow.

18. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

No moving goal post. It's illogical to think you can compare SA and okc with Houston. Those two teams simply have way more room for error because they have proven they are better.

19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Hey Clutch I hear what you are saying but we should be beating the teams we suppose to beat. The West is very very competitive and deep.

Yes we miss Parson but we have two players that are #1 at their positions. They have to put this team on their backs and will us a victory under those circumstances. But hey they are still learning one another, plus like you said we need to get healthy.

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I wonder if fans of:

Paul
    Love
    Davis
    M.Gasol
    Lawson
    Dirk
    Curry

are crying about their teams like our fans are.