1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Online video of Rockets game?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Toast, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Toast

Toast Member

Hey,

Not sure if this is the right forum or not, BUT, I need some help from my fellow Rockets fans.

I've been involved in a big internal office debate about the phrase "and one."

It just so happens that Bill Worrell uses the phrase "and one" when there's approximately 4:44 left in the second quarter of last night's game vs. the Bobcats.

Does anyone know where I can find some sort of link to an online video of this occasion so I can send it to some co-workers and do a little face-rubbing?

Also, if you know of any videos off the top of your head where you can clearly hear an NBA player yelling "and one!" while he's shooting, that would also be nice. Obviously not "and1" league stuff, I want actual NBA action.

Any and all help is most appreciated. Thanks fellow forumites!

2. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

In GARM, I post a thread after every game that contains two videos, the full gmae and a highlight video that basically has every offensive and select defensive plays for the Rockets.

Just get the highlight video and listen for the inevitable time when that happens, Worrell says it everytime there is a made basket and a foul.

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Not "everytime." He says a couple other things the other times. :p

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

How do you feel about forcing Conan out of NBC?

5. SwoLy-D

I do not see what this has to do with "Online video of Rockets game?", but... OK, I'll bite: [CHOMP], man, this is a delicious burger. ;)

:( I do not watch Conan enough to have a decent side-swaying opinion, but I liked Conan's show whenever I saw it and it was good entertainment. This move by NBC just lets us know that Leno has pictures an NBC executive doesn't want us to see. There you go, sir. Purely a-hole-ish on NBC's part to continue to spoil their son Leno, I do decleah.

6. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Another fantastic contribution to a thread. Ladies and gentlemen...swoly-d.

7. SwoLy-D

Thank you, Jay Leno. :p

8. Toast

Toast Member

Those guys say it less than you might think.

They'll say "and the foul!" or "count the basket. and the foul" or something other than "and one."

There are people in the office who think I'm making "and one" up. I was hoping to find some sort of proof that players, broadcasters, etc. say it every game.

9. SwoLy-D

I too was thinking it was unprofessional of Worrell to use it because it's a brand name, but you're right, they will say it, but not that often. Do other stations even say it? I don't watch enough esp'n to know.

I hate that when they do some replay and Matt Bullard is doing the "OK, stop it right there", "ok roll it again", and there's a three-point chance because of a foul-and-it-counts situation, he says "And then [such and such player] gets fouled, and the AND ONE" and he says it weird. WTH is an "and one"? It has become something like a noun. :eek:

10. Toast

Toast Member

82games has a whole section on the best "and one" converters (guys who make the shot most often after the whistle is blown). It's becoming more and more commonplace.

11. SwoLy-D

Please don't tell me it's going to be a real stat and we'll see it on the NBA's Statistics History as "most 'and ones' in a season" and "most 'and ones' in a game" or some crap like that... :rolleyes:

Maybe I'd hate it less if it were NOT a brand name at all. :cool: