1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Online Dating

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Kyakko, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

i've been single for nearly have a year now (i'm not 100% over my ex yet). anyways, it's becoming difficult to find new people since most of my friend's friends are either hooked up are married. i don't stopped going to bars and clubs now because i'm sorta looking for the type of girls that are looking to settle down.

so.. enter the internet. i'm trying the online thing. so far, no one local on the site really interest me at the moment, but there a girl in Hong Kong that i really like. she's smart, funny and very attractive. we've been using the webcam and mic for about a week now.

anyone with experience with super long distance relationships from online? i've never met the girl in person and it feels odd to me. she's happy where she is and i don't think i want to move to Hong Kong, but we click so well. is it worth it?

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i think we all know that she is actually a he

just ask mayzar

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

long distance relationships do not work. period.
    you're setting yourself up for heart break if you do it.
    I find it really hard to believe you aren't able to find ANYONE local to you that interests you (or within 1-2 hour drive distance). there are a ton of girls on e-dating websites, a lot of whom are very interesting / attractive. I think you aren't looking hard enough. I've been with my current girlfriend for the past 3 and a half years and I met her online.

4. Kyakko

a'right.. someone tell me about this "mayzar" thing or point me to a link of it?

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Mine started out as a long distance relationship. That evolved into a semi-long distance relationship.

It really depends on how committed you'll be if you find someone worth pursuing.

6. Kyakko

i'm actually kinda particular. to be honest, i'm looking for an asian girl (i'm asian) and there arn't many in my area ( i live in a mainly white suburban area) and fewer who goes online. plus, when i see "clubbing" or "bar" in the profile, i get turned off.

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

um, my girlfriend is asian / doesn't "club" and is attached to her pc/mac/iphone all day long. you make it sound to me as if you're looking around on myspace or some garbage. try looking at something like match.com.

you're either a) not looking in the right place b) not looking hard enough.

8. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

craigslist?

9. Luckkky

Luckkky Member

I am still young so I havent gone too far as online dating but I have older friends that do take online dating really seriously, but the one thing that I've seen happening alot is, they would talk, go visit each other, one move to the other's area, break up and move back...

in conclusion... alot of money is wasted. so as far as online dating my man... keep it local :cool:

10. Kyakko

haha... never. OKcupid

11. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

this is probably not the best place to find advice about relationship issues but there are some posters with really great insight. HKC comes to mind, he's the standard-bearer for internet relationships.

12. Kyakko

congrats, you got lucky than I. ;)

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

okcupid is what you're using? that's why. stop being a cheapskate and use one of the websites you have to pay for. they allow you to look for free generally you just can't message anyone. like I said, try match.com or something.

14. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Theres seems to be a thread about online dating pretty frequently.

In terms of this girl you met I'd say your wasting your time thats to far to have any kind of real relationship.

Interms of online dating its great. I've been doing it for a few years havent found a real relationship from it but have had countless dates from it which is always good.

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I think it depends on what you mean by “dating online.”

If you’re talking about meeting someone online, then meeting them in person, then dating in person etc., there’s nothing wrong with that. It’s basically the same thing as a blind date. I met someone on EHarmony, we dated for a year and a half, then we got married and everything is cream cheese.

If you’re talking about meeting someone online, then carrying on a “relationship” online, well…that’s kind of weird. You should do a search for HKC or whatever his name is……

16. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

My wife and I met on Match.com. We've been together for over 4 years and married for almost 2. It definitely works.

17. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

fixed

18. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

Sexinyourcity.com I have had several honeymoons in the past year sometimes making more than one girl's dream come true at a time.

The smell of romance...........................................you can't beat it.[wipes away tear]

19. HKC

HKC Member

Anything is possible, don't let any of these dudes tell you otherwise. But, i will say that the further, the harder.

Good luck.

20. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d1auGizTCKg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d1auGizTCKg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>