1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Online class vent

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by cheke64, May 20, 2014.

Tags:
  1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Hold me brehs, I can't get up. I got b****slapped.

I had technical difficulties with a mini mester class. Syllabus wasn't on deck till wednesday. The pace was so fast told me she doesnt accept late work and If I can't take the zeros to drop the class. "Good luck on my next class". All this and it's just the beginning of the second week. Lone Star for you. Powertripper? I'm just too alpha?

Am I on the wrong? Should I demand a refund? I already replied to her the nicest way I could, waiting on response.

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Some people complain on message boards but others say I'm mad as hell and not going to take it anymore.

https://news.yahoo.com/blogs/the-lookout/lone-star-stabbing-184840929.html

http://www.khou.com/news/local/BREA...ooting-arrested-in-Plano-Texas-188323671.html

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Can you catch up?

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I can but she has a no late policy. 0

5. Mr. Clutch

I mean can you get your grade in the class back up even with the zeroes.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Damn...literally just signed up for a Lonestar online class this afternoon...

7. Mr. Clutch

LOL I hope you didn't take that class!!!

8. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

You are getting three hours of credit for three weeks of work. Therefore, you are going to have a lot of work for those three weeks. Welcome to reality. Man up, do the assignments, and stay organized. If you can do those things, you can't possibly fail an online class. This is coming from a guy taking nine hours of classes this summer, all online.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

which class and what teacher?

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Valuable lesson. I paid out of pocket.

I'm going to see if I can get a refund.

11. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Like someone above said, you should of beem prepared for the jam packed summer course. They are so fast paced its unreal. I took art history at hcc and it seemed like we had a test every day.

12. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Contrary to popular belief, they aren't that bad. To be successful, divide up the work for the course into a daily set of assignments. Do the workload for the day in the morning and then relax for the rest of the day.

13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

You're failing a community college class that meets anytime you want twenty-four hours a day, anywhere on the planet.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Public Speaking at the Kingwood campus. Teacher's name was Morgan Grace I believe?

15. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

They have public speaking classes online these days? How do the logistics of this even work? Do you give speeches over Skype or something to the rest of the class?

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOL my thoughts exactly. The class description says I have to record a video of my speeches in front of an audience of 5. I've put this class off for so long, I just decided to get it over with in a few weeks. The logistics of it definitely are a little strange, though.

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I have a weight lifting class online.

I bench 500lbs, 800lbs deadlift, and run a mile in 2.5 minutes. I have the highest grade in my class.