1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

One year ago today!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CK Johnson, May 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cS-4u6LkW7A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It was amazing but relying on Brewer and Smith is fools gold, while they got hot once, over a season they are not going to be that consistent.

DD

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

we were fooled by da fool's golds

4. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

"A game they will talk about for a long time in Houston"

Yep.

As time goes by this game will become even more inexplicable. JSmooth saving the season with Harden on the bench.

Still no conference finals for cp3

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Only 5 posts in and this kind of pissy attitude about nice accomplishments is why I dont care about CF fan opinion much.

If Corey Brewer and JSmoove were the only reasons Rockets didnt progress, then thats kinda not bad because those are replacable parts that get Rockets back to contending level.

I'll still never forget how amazed I was that this happened last year. I was going through a tough time and seeing this provided a little personal jolt! :)

2 people like this.
  6. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Yep, majority of the people on here whine and have a pissy attitude about anything. This was an awesome moment to be able to witness.

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I think it's possible to be both happy about last year and pissy about this year. The problem is we're still in this year so it's fresh in our minds. Give people time.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

These videos always put a smile on my face. I still remember screaming at the TV when the score was in single digits, "PUT IN HARDEN! WE NEED HARDEN! MCHALE PUT IN HARDEN TO FINISH!"

Dwight was doing everything Rockets fans wish he would do more: rebound and defense. He didn't have to score for the Rockets to comeback form 20 down.

I don't think McHale gets enough credit for having the balls to sit Harden. We obviously will never know, but I think Harden would have killed one of the most improbable runs in Rockets history.

The next two games the Rockets absolutely crushed the Clippers. Media was so sure the Clippers would get it down going back to LA. I know the media hates the Rockets, but how can they just sweep this series under the rug? It was ****ing crazy!

1 person likes this.
  9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Harden had the flu

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

That highlight video was lacking the emotion. Maybe because of the flat commentating. Didn't capture the "holy schitte we just came back and made peepee all over the Clips!" feeling.

11. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Great video. Great day. Love it. I'll always keep this game in my heart. Absolutely love it.

12. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Dang! Da fool's gold got us! :mad:

13. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

"not the same team.."

14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It was great.

And it was death to that Clipper core. They will never recover.

15. jbasket

jbasket Member

Insanity: doing the same thing and expecting different results? Same culprit per usual.

Well... Dwight did have a 20-20 for the game in general, so the offensive production was there. I give a lot of the credit of the run to him as well because he locked down the paint in the 4th iirc.

One crucial element in the the series was in the 4th quarter, Dwight would make Blake completely unproductive when our PFs couldn't get the job done. Stellar defense. Oh what a difference one year makes...

16. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Will always be on the most epic moments in Rockets history. But this fooled us all...

17. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

That was one of the best comebacks I had ever seen. It is crazy how amazing they all played. Fools gold though.

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

Barry certainly didn't help, when he's supposed to be the color guy and all he did was go with quiet "wows."

You can hear the disrespect behind each "wow."

19. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I really thought the Clippers were on their way to a possible title when we went down 3-1. With the way they were playing they would have given the Warriors a run for their money. Reminded me of the Mavs a few years ago, just looked like such a solid all around team that had no weaknesses.

Then we punched them in the teeth and they haven't been the same since.

20. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

To be honest, you are whining and having a pissy attitude about the people who whine and have a pissy attitude. Chew on that!

Just screwing around. I agree. It's like people feel entitled to the '95 championship every year. Your team will end up without the trophy wayyyyyyy, way less often than when they do get it in sports. Might as well cherish the past high points than never be happy.