1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

One trick pony

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NL Rocket, Oct 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

2. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

For all those who think I am criticizing his defense, you did not get this thread at all. The . one trick pony came from Mchale, thus I pretend to believe this and sarcastically ask if you agree.

3. NotChandlerParsons

Exactly...so he can stay in the locker room for the entire game.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

How was Abdul-Rauf a pure shooter? He was a great shooter, but do you even remember watching him? I do. I swear some of you type out the first thing that comes to your mind. He was the third pick overall in the draft. One trick ponies that play point guard don't go 3rd in the friggin' draft. He had handles, he was a distributor, he was a pesky defender... I swear.

DO. YOUR. HOMEWORK.

5. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

McHale calls Daniels a one trick pony, how are people not getting this? I was naming pure shooters, not sure if you know the definition but alright, to make a point!

I will go into this just because it seems you did not see him play too often. Abdul-Rauf was a distributor, not a great one and had handles, but defending not so much. Robert Pack got a lot of playing time because he was kind of like Beverley, with a lot of steals and getting up on guys.

Daniels imo is already a solid defender, he did all he could against Wade and has shown he can get up in guys so again: I don't think he's a one trick pony!!!

Close this thread, IQ of a freaking 8-ball here man..

6. Space City

Space City Member

You may not be criticising his defense but there are others here that are. However, i think most of us just want to watch him play.

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

So you're saying he wasn't a one trick pony after-all? You're saying I'm right?

Daniels is a one trick pony. I saw him play in the Valley, in Austin and in Houston. His trick is a good one, but it's one. He is becoming a smarter defender, but the whole thing with one trick ponies is you put them in the game for only one reason. Meaning, if McHale looks at his bench and says "I need a defender", he keeps looking after seeing Daniels. I love the kid, I wrote about him in the Vipers forum before any of you knew about him, but he is not a solid defender.

Anyway, you don't know ball. You should have said Scott Brooks or Bill Paxson or Steve Kerr... Dell Curry made sense.. but really... Mahmoud Abdul Rauf....please.

And I agree. Shut this 8-ball's thread. He has no clue about the game.

8. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

You still don't get it do you

9. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Korver effect, look it up

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You beat me to it.