1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

One Sided Officiating

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bj3175, Mar 25, 2009.

1. SBK#2

SBK#2 Rookie

Agreed agreed

2. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

agreed, lets blame tracy. i think the refs are always so feared by those utah fans that they unconciously get biased to the home team.

3. Hola-juwon

Hola-juwon Member

The refs were good tonight, it's pure bs to blame the loss on them when our 2 starplayers on the team combined for 11-38 from the field but on the other side I won't whine about Ron's performance, he almost had a triple double and in all he was solid and Yao can't be perfect in every game. It was just a loss, get over it.

4. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I respect the OP of our clutch fans but here is my point. The reason why I made this thread was because of an observation or take I had on the game. The Jazz are allowed to play a physical game in utah they are rewarded for their aggressive play by getting to the free throw line. I am fine with that until the refs stop rewarding our guys for their aggressiveness on the offensive end. The Rox started to press the issue last night by taking it into the paint they were getting hit with no calls.

I know some of you will still disagree with me and maybe I am being biased, but consider this. Utah is a fabolous team they execute consistently on a nightly basis no matter who they are playing. How can they be so good at home but so horrible on the road? If you don't believe look at the numbers except for Dwills the team does not go to the line nearly as much. As a matter of fact it could be said the refs are one-sided to the Jazz when they go on the road because they do not reward them for their extra hustle.

5. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

i didn't notice the refs at all last night, which means they must have been doing their jobs pretty well.

plenty of times i was expecting a whistle against us that never came. i think the refs understood the implications of the game and let the players go at it.

crawford and co. treated it like a playoff game, which is appropriate.

we took bad shots, had too many turnovers, couldn't convert the offensive rebounds, and missed wide open looks. the game was there for the taking.

that said, i still hate the jazz and their fans are a-holes.

6. monster

monster Member

Officiating wasn't bad this game...the Rockets offense was. Several missed and out of control layups. Artest couldn't make a shot. 34% shooting as a team?!?!? If we played good offense, we could have won this game. No excuses.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Well both wafer and lowry ran us out of the game in the 3rd. Refs was fine. They didn't call a couple flops by brewer so that was excellent.

8. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

for once in Utah we got a fairly officiated game and couldn't make our layups.

You can't blame this one on the Refs

9. Precision340

Precision340 Member

for the most part i thought the game was called fairly... there was a lot of physical play but that's how it's gonna be in the playoffs... i think bill and clyde mentioned during the spurs game that the refs are preparing for the playoffs.. so they're allowing a lot of the physical play

10. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My sense of the game was the Jazz went to the rim looking for a basket. We went into the paint (not the rim) looking for a foul to bail us out.

FYI, I live in Ausitn and watch games on the NBA package. That means about half are non Houston announcers - and they all complain about the season long lack of calls on their team.
    I think the refing is fairly poor, but it is not biased.

11. RockItFan

RockItFan Member

Can't complain about the officiating for this game. We simply couldn't make the shots.

12. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Looks pretty unanimous OP. Refs were fair. Pretty embarassing, yes? :p

13. A00man

A00man Member

This was by far the best officiated Rockets vs. Jazz game I have ever seen. Yes there were times where our players went in, drew contact, and there was no call made. On the other side of that, there were plenty of times their players went in and drew contact from Yao, Hayes, etc... and no call was made. They let the players play and let the players decide the outcome. That is how it should be every game. The refs also didn't fall for the one Kirilinko flop that he tried on Scola. They called the foul on Kirilinko instead.

We lost this game because of our atrocious shooting. We had uncountable fast break opportunities which we scored on about 30% of the time. That is our fault for not executing better. We had plenty of wide open shots throughout the game as well which we missed. Not to mention some questionable passes made by our perimeter players which resulted in turnovers and fast breaks for them.

I know it's natural to blame the officiating after every Jazz game, but this was an exception. I hope that's how they call the games in the playoffs. I think the Rockets will be better off with it. They don't usually play such horrible offense every night.

14. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Anyone who watched the last game vs Utah and thought the officiating was biased has no concept of how to watch a game. I'd take this level of officiating any night of the week.

15. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Is it the run into Yao and get no call cause he is standing or jumping straight up stuff??

16. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

honestly, i can't remember one "bad" call from last night. the rockets just got beat.

17. Super Von

Super Von Member

This was a pretty even game, they didnt call many flops for the jazz.

But Yao still gets hit on the arm almost every time he takes a hook shot.

18. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

word.

19. killer instinct

20. Rocket1

Rocket1 Member

The Jazz fans are in their forum right now laughing at us because of posts like these...