1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

one question about big YAO

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by orien, Mar 18, 2003.

Tags:
  1. coolpet

coolpet Member

Jet Lee is short and look girly...not cool at all, don't bash me, I am chinese :)
    Yao isn't good looking but he is tall, for some reason, if a guy is tall, that count a lot than his face :) which can make Yao very popular among girls. I am soso looking, but I am 6'3''. and lots of girls think I am hot :D

2. LA's #1 Rocket Fan

Yeah he may be short but he can kick a$$!!! :)

By the way u r 1 tall asian guy. I'm 5'8 and I'm taller than most of my friends (we r all asian). And girls dig us short asian guys too :)

3. spiral

spiral Member

he a'int that tall for an asian guy. i know chinese guys who are 6 feet 6. and there were two chinese guys on my high school basketball team (pre-yao ming era, yeah we did ball before yao)and that's not even including the 6'6 guy. me being 6 foot tall without shoes and that's pretty much average among my friends. some asians need to stop believing in stereotypes. :rolleyes:

4. LA's #1 Rocket Fan

I don't know about texas or anywhere else, but out here in LA most asians from where I come from aren't taller than 6ft. I live in Alhambra which has about a 70% asian population and with a few rare exceptions the avg. height for us is around 5-6 to 5-8 so i'm not saying this out of the blue. Of course there are a few guys that are 6ft and up but again it's not much. I'm sorry if I offended you if the avg asians in your area are 6ft and taller.

5. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

I'm Asian, and I'm 5 ft 10, and I have the stereotype that "we" are a short race. Big deal!

6. spiral

spiral Member

i'm in nyc. and its stupid for people to talk about race all the time and say this race is supposedly this height or whatever. i could probably tell you that based on my experience cantonese are the shortest chinese people out there. outside of hong kong, most chinese are not by average short. but i don't want to stereotype and i would prefer not to say that about them. the majority of chinese in the US are cantonese. but the population of chinese people in the US is still around what less than 1 percent? how are you supposed to create reliable statistics based on that? this is a r****ded subject so i think some people need to stop mentioning race. by the way, i've also seen an asian guy who was 6'10, but he's not one of my friends, so i don't know whether the guy was korean, chinese, or whatever. the fact that you're using statistics in your own little neighborhood is r****ded. if you actually want to continue this discussion, its only going to escalate into a bigger argument and more stereotypes being used and i don't exactly want to get into that. so i think some of the moderators need to close this thread.

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Are you gonna change your name when you are no longer new?

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

That life size poster I gave my nephew gave him nightmares so he had to take it down off his wall.:D

9. xcharged

xcharged Member

HA!
    My nephew took his poster down too... He said it was like having the clown bed on the simpsons.

10. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Yao Ming has big feet...

11. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Most of us men in the USA, have racial preferences and are homophobic,so we are very biased and reluctand to expose our observations of another of the same gender. American women are less bounded by these limiting restrictions and are not inhibited by the deep rooted and traditional fears of us men. So as most of us members are American Males it might be almost imposible to get a forthright result.

12. acejeff5

acejeff5 Member

haha gay , cant comment on guys, but damn sue bird is fine

13. akperez

akperez Contributing Member

I am a girl and I have to say Yao is very handsome. Not in your conventional way....but he just is.

P.S. I was listening to the radio one morning and Alex McLeod was on. She was the host of Joe Millionare and used to be the host of Trading Spaces. She has a huge crush on Yao Ming and really wanted to meet him.

14. TCDREAM

TCDREAM Member

I will 2nd that motion.

15. verse

verse Contributing Member

coming from an amateur photographer, yao ming has the kind of face that will always draw mixed reviews. the sharp angles (chin, cheeks, jawline) make him look ugly from one direction, but very very good looking from another direction.

many models are the same way, if you ever see them in person. their features are not plainly beautiful, they are "striking".

16. supermagichero

Really? Then you'd better :), instead of :D. :D

17. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

I didnt know :) is for female and :D is for male. So from now on I will :D instead of :)

:D :D :D

18. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

there's another name for you.... a Fruit

19. proteuskim

proteuskim Member

hell yeah.. Jackie Chan is one ugly mofo. I've seen better looking Chinese, but he's above average.

20. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

actually, my sisters and other girls i know think yao is kinda cute. i think all rocks are good-looking.......except hawkins.......what can i say, i'm a rocks fan. but i wouldnt go as far as ROckets03....just check out the sig. :cool: :eek: