1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

One Open Spot in Baseball Keeper League

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by fadeaway, Feb 23, 2008.

1. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

We had a last-minute dropout in our main fantasy baseball league, so there's one open team if anyone is interested.

The league is well-established and has been on the go for over 7 years. We run the league on Fanstar. Here is a link to the main site: http://www.fantasybaseballsite.com/baseball/clutchcity/

The scoring system is fantasy points head-to-head with two game periods each week (Mon-Thu, Fri-Sun).

There are 4 keepers. The open team has some pretty good keeper candidates such as Miguel Cabrera, Jimmy Rollins, Oswalt, etc... Also, this team will have the second choice when selecting draft spots this year, so it's in a great position overall.

Keeper declaration day is Feb. 24. After all keepers are declared, we begin selecting the draft order, which is chosen by each team in sequence based on how they finished last year (worst team gets first selection, etc...). The draft is slow live (8 hour time limit per pick) and will begin on March 2nd. We draft both on the main site and in a thread here on the BBS.

Each year, all owners chip in about $6 each to help pay for the league site fee, but I will waive that for you this time because it's pretty last minute. Just something to be aware of for the future. But please don't join unless you are willing to be with us for the long term

If you are interested, please post a reply here and also email me through the BBS.

This could be your chance for glory! Thanks! :cool:

Figured I would post this here in the Hangout to reach a wider audience...

2. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I'm down. I've been really looking for a good keeper league. I'll email you through the site as well.

3. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Great to have you aboard. I just emailed you about it.