1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

One of the Funniest Things I Have Ever Seen (It's About Nickelback)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I was reading around on this Pink Floyd forum I visit and I saw this:

April 05, 2004
    As if there weren't already enough reasons to laugh at Nickelback

It's probably no surprise that I don't enjoy "popular" or "Top 40" music. It's corporate, bland, overplayed, unoriginal, boring, bland, and boring, It's also dumb. But just because I don't enjoy it doesn't mean I don't listen to it. I mean, how can you not when radio and TV is infested with this crap. Lately, one of the bands that I love to hate is Nickelback, slowly climbing the ranks and placing themselves up at the top with Creed, Matchbox 20, and countless others as "worst bands in the history of music."

So I received tremendous joy when I found the following file over on the SA Forums. Some internet genius took Nickelback's first horrible "hit," and mixed it with Nickelback's newest awful "hit." By "mixed" I mean one ****ty song plays in the left speaker, and the other ear-bleeding excuse for rock plays in the right speaker. What a surprise, they are almost EXACTLY THE SAME. It's uncanny, sad, and hilarious at the same time.

I felt it was my duty to share this song in order to spread the word on how horrible music is today, and I hope you all do the same. Oddly enough, this song incest sounds better than anything Nickelback will ever actually play.

Here is the mp3:

http://www.nintendorks.com/brandon/temp/nickelbacksucks.mp3

This has to be listened to to be believed! :D :D

Full link:

http://www.nintendorks.com/brandon/archives/000475.php

2. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

That is totally badass Manny!

The whole format is identical...the choruses and breaks and solos even land on the same spots! If they could only do that with Aerosmith and Nirvana...

:D:D:D

EDIT: This is fun! Just take your volume controls and switch from right to left and you feel like a DJ!

The lyrics are almost more meaningful that way...

Three more for that :D:D:D

#2 DallasThomas, Apr 23, 2004
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2004
  3. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

I remember hearing a show that exposed Elton John as another who habitually ripped off his own stuff.

4. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I'm not a musician and I do not like Nickelback...but isn't it a common pop format to have those specific things occur roughly at the same beat count for a three minute song? My guess would be if you found another band who played similar music and had a song with an almost exact beat, you'd probably be able to create the same effect. Either way...crap is still crap...and that mp3 just doubled the stereo effect of crap.

Now...if they'd just play their music backwards and hear satanic messages.:D

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

You are probably right. For those who remember Rick Astley, I swear that "Never Gonna Give You Up" and "Together Forever" were the same exact damn song!

But, I do have to agree with Brandon's comment that the hybrid Nickelback song is better than either of the originals!:D

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Would you expect any less from these fools? Classic.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I heard a rumor that Nickleback and Puddle of Mudd were actually the same band.

8. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Did you just admit you've listened to Rick Astley songs? Oh, the HORRAH! :D

9. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

The odds of it matching up are eerie. My friends and I have been listening to this for about a week now and trying to figure out what the odds of it just magically lining up are. Yes, we need lives, I know this. That said, the odds are 1 in 1,000,000 at least.

It's like they used Microsoft Song and just found a template for their music and did it that way.

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I guess they could argue in their defense, "Why mess with perfection, we are The Nickelback"... :D

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You have to appreciate bands like this though. Because you have to be content in knowing that you have good taste in music.

12. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

Everlast's new song "White Trash Beautiful sounds exactly like his big hit "Whats It's Like", and that was released 5 plus years ago. Amazing....

13. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

and it sounds like 'Ends'.

14. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

Manny, I'm a huge Pink Floyd fan. They're hands down my favorite band. Can you post the link to that forum? (Sadly, I missed the Pink Floyd thread that you posted a while back. So I apologize if you've already posted this).

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm not a Nickelback fan....but I'm suspect of any music "critic/expert" who instantly dismisses any music that becomes "popular."

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Exactly.

17. rudager

rudager Member

Well, you have to distinguish between becoming popular through word-of-mouth and becoming popular because we're told it's popular. I've a sneaking suspicion Britney Spears didn't start out in dive bars.

18. jlaw718

jlaw718 Contributing Member

I agree. I can't stand Nickleback, either, but I think it's just the 'contrarian' coming out in many of us, though. If something gets 'too' popular, then it's somehow diluted. Plus, it's so much easier and fun to criticize what the masses are enjoying at the moment. I'm guilty of it too, sometimes. It's a 'music snob' mentality. I'm not saying it's right, but it's reality.

19. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

But that's where she might end up :p

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

the Counting Crows have been Top 40.

Dave Matthews Band has been Top 40

the Beatles defined pop music.

Nirvana was Top 40

Pearl Jam was Top 40

by the way...Matchbox 20, like 'em or not, has put together a pretty good little compilation of music for a while now.