1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

One Last VSPAN Thread - Clutch Performer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zcity, Sep 2, 2006.

1. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

SPANOULIS Officially - Arrived in this game !!

Not just from the standpoint of the Rox or the NBA

But as a star of the GREEK NATIONAL TEAM

When their coach STARTED him in the 2nd half - It was his coming out party as a "Greek" Star !!!!

Then - when the game was on the line - Whose Hands were the Ball in ??

Spanoulis !!!!

It was a changing of the Guard (no pun intended) for the Greek Team.

With his play against the best talent in the world in the 1st half - The Greek coaches realized his time had come - A Greek Star was Born B4 their eyes.

They were rewarded with a brilliant 2nd half and VSpan with the Rock when the game was on the line.

V-Span is CLUTCH - He Has now arrived. This game was his rise to the next level.

JUST IN TIME FOR THE GOLD MEDAL GAME AND HIS TRANSITION TO THE NBA AS THE MISSING PIECE FOR THE ROCKETS !!!!!

2. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I dont think a new thread is needed

we realy have enough VSpan haters...

now this is going to make it even more disgusting

3. zcity

That's all right - let them vent.

If the haters can't let fans like us get excited about something in the offseason - especailly when he had a game vs. nba stars in world competition - then screw em'.

After last season, After The Texans passing on Bush and Young - Damnit - I need something to get excited about.

4. zcity

5. nappdog

nappdog Contributing Member

Dude, there's already two threads dedicated to hanging on his nuts already- no need to add another one. And it only matters if he comes through in the clutch for the Rockets (which hasn't happen), otherwise all this "talent" means nothing to me .

6. Champ06

Champ06 Member

Who cares about the haters if Kill Bill can prove himself in the new season? Bad luck to the haters, he is going to be a Rocket whether they like it or not. He really deserves the credit after the game against USA. Go Kill Bill. Go Rockets.

7. zcity

Thank you sir, may I have another ?

8. AggieRocketFan96

Why are so presumptious to think you get to have the last VSpan thread? Damn, the season hasn't even started, I'm sure there will be dozens of VSpan threads yet to come.

9. rocketsmetalspd

Zcity good post. Already the haters are out and they will be out soon enough. My only worry is that JVG will not be able to utilize V-Span because of him being a rook and not being in his 30's. I can't wait for this guy to come to H-Town. I hope he has a good game tomorrow. I will be up early Sunday cheering his team to a gold medal win. :)

10. zcity

Just trying to appease the Haters

11. Jrazz

Jrazz Member

The You Tube Picuture is very weak. The Greek announcer doing the end of the game is great.

12. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

I for one totally enjoyed the moment of seeing a Rocket new signee have a marquee game on the world stage. If it is the only significant game he has over the next ten years, it was still all good.

Now it will be up to Gundy and VSpan to work together and fit him into the Rockets team framework.

I am hopeful. My gut feel is he is the kind of guy who needs the right kind of situation matching his skills in order to thrive. Kinda like Mike James was - waiting for a chance to shine.

Now the question is can Gundy's brain come up with a plan to properly use VSpan's skills. It's not VSpan I'm worried about in this equation. I just kinda shiver thinking about Gundy as a music producer - he would have Shakira doing Gregorian chants - practiced to a tee, technically perfect but nobody would buy the product. And she would be the backup group on tour for the first four years until she gained experience.

Anyone for an offensive assistant coach? I hope Doc Gundy is a prophet but,

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Someone please give me an intelligent definition of a V-Span "hater". Thanks.

14. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

A_3PO :D

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

LOL! You turkey. ;)

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If you see a thread or in this case, several threads about something, don't start another thread knowing those threads exist. There are very few exceptions to this rule. Thanks. :)

oh, and go Spanoulis. Rah.