1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

One for the Draya, two for the Jalen

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sirjesse, May 5, 2024.

1. Rokman

Rokman Member

How is any of this anyone's business. How is it our business that Jalen gets a contract that affects the salary cap and later prohibits the team from acquiring players that may help them win a championship. It isn't, it's Tillmans and Stones business, but everyone here makes it their business because the money they spend on games pays these guys salaries. Jalen already has a bunch of questions marks around his ability to focus on performing at a high level for more than one month per season. Fans have opinions and are entitled to those opinions and this is a forum where those opinions are discussed so it is more than fair for me and anyone else on here to express their opinion about the person who plays for the team. I don't think it's right to tear someone down but it's fair to address the facts and the potential impact on him. He is human and humans have emotions and emotions drive actions. If he's upset, frustrated in a bad state of mind and it causes him to play poorly, that's a fans business to discuss whether you like it or not.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It became the Rockets business because his job is to play basketball and knocking up numerous women is going to blow up his piggie bank.

DaDakota likes this.
  3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Man. The Jalen defense truly is strong. It’s actually very similar.

I’m not equating Jalens off the court life to Hardens off the court life.

I’m telling you the people who care about this stuff don’t give a damn how good the player is that they are discussing/hating on. If a player is disliked, anything and everything will be used as evidence to why the people who dislike that player are right to dislike him. It’s “drama” surrounding a controversial player on the team this site is dedicated to. It’s going to get talked about regardless of how good he is as evidenced by how good Harden was and how much his off court life was still dissected.

Doesn’t really matter if you think Hardens off court decisions were more egregious and warranted the hate he received when compared to Jalen and his situation. You don’t know any more than the haters how much either one’s on court production was/is truly effected by their off court life.

Scarface281, topfive and daywalker02 like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ok, that is justified.

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I think he was until his back injury, personally. He was a top 5 player for a few years.

6. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Harden would never. Criticize him all you want, but he understood the value of surrounding himself with protection at all times.

daywalker02 likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This is one of those things where I won't respect Green in his personal life for being so willy nilly about entering another human into this world because obviously he doesn't see it as a life long commitment but at the same time I don't think this effects his ability to reach his ceiling as plenty of all time greats slept around and have random babies with multiple different partners during their playing career.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Agreed but I think he could have been so much better, with that size and athleticism - but he never took things seriously.

DD

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The problem with him is that he is not great yet and he is starting this shet.

What if he is not going to be great, then he is just a waste of a talent or he has no long shelf life who is just screwing around.

Sort of a lower Dwight Howard.

#69 daywalker02, May 8, 2024
    Last edited: May 8, 2024
  10. fchowd0311

Okay

11. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Really? for an undersized center who couldn't shoot at all, he peaked as being the best defender in the last 20 years (along with probably KG, but in my opinion dwight is the best i saw), and as overall probably the 2nd best player in the league behind lebron for a 3-4 year run. Ya he hurt his back, but i don't think that was because he was lazy or whatever you're implying.

12. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

I'm sorry man, but that's the funniest thing I've read on this forum in a long damn time. What university did you get your psychology degree from?

For those talking ish keep in mind, after he apparently had a child (great for him), he went on a tear and LED the team to the longest winning streak in years. Was the main reason they were in the play in hunt until the last week or so of this season.

Looking forward to him building on that next yr.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  13. Rokman

Rokman Member

WTH are you talking about? "What university did you get your psychology degree from?" is your comeback. That's just pathetic and stupid. Sounds like you're in junior high.

I guess you failed to watch his performance AFTER the streak when they actually played real contender teams.

DaDakota likes this.
  14. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

So there WAS a streak???

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Of course there was, he played 8 or 9 very good games in yet another embarrassment of a season overall.

16. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

Harden has a son. That’s confirmed. We don’t know if he has other kids though. Wouldn’t shock me considering how he did everything to hide his son and it still got leaked.

17. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Man he led the team to 13-2 in March. He was a plus in every game. He was the main reason they nearly doubled their win total from the prior year. Facts.

NGITLW

fchowd0311 likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

his on/off impact in march in terms of team pt differential was insane. Like MVP level impact insane.

I think the team had a negative pt differential per game during that stretch just from him resting on the bench. No other rotational player during this stretch on the team had the team at a negative pt differential just from going to the bench to rest. The team was a positive even when Fred was resting during that stretch,

Absolute carry job.

Without Sengun, Jalen was the only one who could consistently create a look in a set half court defense going to the rim as FVV can't do that. So the team really relied on him

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He was also part of the reason they had the worst records in the years prior to this year.....

So he better make up for that too.

He was not the main reason, he was a reason, they unleashed Amen Thompson and Amen played great with and off of Green.

They never win that many games without Amen getting the starting job.

20. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Yeah the last couple years were tough. Between the lack of a veteran presence, the bumbling dribbler and a coaching staff that were probably instructed to tank, it was hard to watch. Thankfully they've moved into "phase 2" and with Udoka the future looks bright.

daywalker02 likes this.