1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Once I get out of this coma...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 20, 2000.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

... I'll start posting again. At work today on no sleep after making the round trip drive during the night. Kagy, Jeff and I had a good time .... was cool meeting some of the group before the game and I wish we could have gone after - just had some glitches pop up on the site (don't ever put me behind the wheel of a Mac... ).

Very fun game to be at -- couldn't miss a piece of history. Very glad we went... it's been a fun season.

Next season we plan on going to more games so we'll have to plan some large cc.net gatherings if you will...

Oh yeah -- best quote of the night: Speaking to one Rocket official after the game ... he says, "Who is that LHutz guy?"

Huh?

Right.

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

2. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Watching Clutch use a Mac was like watching a monkey trying to teach table manners to a bear.

What's scary is, I'd always heard that the WIntel platform was more challenging to use than the Mac. Based on last night's case study, I now doubt that assessment.

iMac: Scourge of Clutch City.

------------------
    Keep the Faith... Keep the Rockets.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Clutch, or somebody:

"Oh yeah -- best quote of the night: Speaking to one Rocket official after the game ... he says, 'Who is that LHutz guy?'"

Who is 'he' that said that?

------------------

4. payaso

payaso Member

shall I call a priest, Clutch?

Leave those damn toys to the fish hacks and graphics losers... they're already lost souls.

------------------
    "We have no eternal
    allies and we have no perpetual enemies. Our interests are eternal and
    perpetual."

5. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I'll ignore that comment, payaso, because I had such a good time last night, but if you call me a fish hack or graphic loser again, I'm cracking you over the head with a Blueberry iBook!

[​IMG]

Anyway, the game and the rest was a blast and I'm not as tired as Clutch, but... God, grant me the knowledge to know where I can find caffeine and the wisdom to know how to use it...

------------------
    "No one gets out ALIVE!"
    SaveOurRockets.com

6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

1 word for ya Jeff......Vivarin!!!

It got me thru many a day after.

------------------
    Tired of my sig...

Go Rockets
    Find us a front-court Please!!!!!!!!

7. witness

witness Member

hey everyone, i've been visiting this forum forever, but have just finally registered. man, i think this forum is so awesome! i wish i could have hung out with all you guys last nite. i unfortunately didn't make it to kinnealy's before the game. did you guys in row 216 sit some place else? i didn't seem to see anyone, so i moved down closer. anyways, i now live in los angeles most of the time, but am a die-hard ROCKETS fan til i die. while i'm there, this site and forum are like my life-line! anways, i just wanted to introduce myself to everyone since i didn't get to last nite. thanks again for the ticket hey partner! take care everyone!

------------------

8. popeye

popeye Member

Welcome aboard the Heart of the Rockets franchise.

[​IMG]

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Darkhorse and friend sat in 208 immediately. Most guys left early 2nd Q to move over to 208 with me. Pimp went straight for lower prom to be with "his people"--the Rockets.

My girlfriend got to sit up there after someone bagged at the last second due to better seats from his dad. So, the two girls with short hair, and the guy with the side-burns were part of the group. Small world, they all went to high school together. My girlfriend is now more impressed with cc.net and tolerant of my addiction now that she knows someone from HSPVA is on this board. Like Jeff's wife, she doesn't like sports, except for competing in cut-throat International Ballroom Dancing "tournaments".

Hey Infernal, give yourself a plug.

10. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Welcome witness!!! I know you come in the chat room every so often to find out Dream's stats [​IMG]
    Look forward to your posts and opinions.

------------------
    I had amnesia once or twice.

11. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Heypartner, thanks for the tickets!

Even though the Rockets lost the game, I have to say that was one of the best times I've had at a Rockets game.

As partner said, I made my way down to the courtside seats right behind the scoring/substitution computer(pretty interesting piece of equipment) and a few seats from Bill and Calvin. The view is great, but the fans in that area SUCK!!! I was standing and cheering, trying to get them hyped up, but the friggin yuppies didn't want to wrinkle their clothes. CHUMPS!! Fans like us deserve those seats, not the "suits".

Anyhow, right after the game, when they started the ceremony for Chuck, Cato, Moochie, Steve, Rogers, and Bullard all came over and sat down on the scorers table and were talking with the fans in the area. When Rudy was saying that Chuck's heart isn't the only big part of his anatomy(referring to his big ass), Moochie, Steve, and I started clowning about Chuck's huge head! Cato and Rogers were carrying on with us too. Bullard gave each of his shoes away to 2 kids. He made their day!

After the ceremony I walked over to the tunnel and congratulated Othella Harrington on a good game and told him I wished he was still with the Rockets(he said he does too!) and met Doug West. By that time the Compaq Center staff was ushering everyone off the floor so I decided to leave. I was a little buzzed so I walked over to Chuck's basketball goal(the one the organization gave him), did my best Barkley hanging on the rim impression, walked off the floor.

It was a great night! Thanks again heypartner.

------------------
    The lottery sucks!

12. Elie#17

Elie#17 Contributing Member

GOSH!!!

I had a rush just thinking about making it to the game... too bad I fell asleep and didn't wake up till around 8:00. I couldn't even catch the game here in Austin. Anyhow, I know next season there will be ALOT more interest in the Rockets as all of us know we expect them to be alot better- thus less seats. Uhmm.. could any of you with ticket access, i.e. heypartner do this again? (buy a ton of tickets and have us meet up?) I'm definitely down for it once the season starts next semester. =) Thanx for the commentary...and wow..Rockets Pimp- you got all the way down to the desk? how'd you manage?? nobody was sitting there??

elie17

------------------

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Barkley sighting the day after

My lovely one just got back from her rehab session today. Guess who had the next table two feet away...

...Right back in rehab the day after. She says he was joking with everyone saying how the players "wanted me to get a rebound, but I just couldn't get that rebound." She said he had a bad rehab attitude (wink). "I'm unemployed with nothing to do anymore. I think I'm going to start drinking beer at 2pm every day. You guys have to get me outta here in time for me to catch the Jerry Springer show." He was just talking **** with everyone.

She said he wasn't as chubby looking up close as he was last night from the rafters...does that make sense? "I guess it is because you see all his muscles."

Hey Chuckie,,,stay away from my looOvely.

14. popeye

popeye Member

I saw the "bloated arms stretched over the head" thing by the Rocket crew and a couple others behind them, when RT was talking about Barkley's anatomy.

Good Fun

Was that you messin' with the collapsed goal,Pimp? Did you catch the smoochers in the court side seats? Or Van Chancellors family having a good ol' time? How about RT going over an hugging/kissing his teenage son after RT made his speech?

That was great night! A perfect way for any Rocket fan to end the season, all things considered.

15. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Quitter! You could at least have made a smartass remark before leaving. Why, when the security guard pointed to the exit and said to us, "We're clearing everyone out," I looked back over my shoulder quizzically and then asked, politely, "That way? Where the exit sign and the doors are...?"

Clutch and Jeff did not like that. I think they feared being detained.

------------------
    Keep the Faith... Keep the Rockets.

16. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Is it just me or is this BBS really taking on a life of its own? We need to start planning regular Rocket events. I say the next one should be a draft party. Who's in?

------------------
    "No one gets out ALIVE!"
    SaveOurRockets.com

17. popeye

popeye Member

Can we drink bottled beer too, or just draft?????

[​IMG] (snicker)

Yeah I am in if I can get there. But you know us old men!!

------------------
    "Let me get this straight .... we pay him $4.5 million dollars a year to play 82 games right? And, the other guy we pay $6 or $7 Million a year to stop the other team from scoring and maybe to score once in a while too!" ......... Popeye's darling sweetpea attempting to figure out WizBang and CaveInTo's role on the Rockets.

18. SpaceCity

SpaceCity Contributing Member

As an attendee of the original CC get-together at Little Woodrow's last year, I say "The more the merrier!".

It's really cool being able to put a face to all of these names.

Now that I mention it, could we add pix to our signatures if we keep it under 1K? That would be interesting. I'm sure you can add a script that only posts pix that do not exceed said limit. That would prevent slowing load time down to a crawl.

Just a thought.

------------------
    RocketFuel is taking the summer off!

19. 3pointer

3pointer Member

I have now been in 2 CC.net events ... it's cool seeing peoples faces and seeing how they actually act in person..... what happened to you Spacecity ? I thought u would have made it too ! Heypartner ! we had some good discussions last night ... it was cool .

when is the next get together ?

by the way... ouch my head ......

------------------
    Thanks Hakeem for all the memories and the 2 championships...
    The torch has been passed... Francis , the making of brand new
    great memories for us rocket fans !

20. davo

davo Contributing Member

Just for the record- I ws NOT one of the groupies who chased Rudy out of the bar. I think you guys scared him!

------------------
    http://rocketdavo.tripod.com