1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Once and for all which side is everyone on?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by FranchiseBlade, Nov 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

yeah...i was kinda surprised. their retros are sweet, too.

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I do remember a time when the mere pressence of my name induced calls of hijacker-in-training. Basso, TJ, texxx, etc. Does that still hold by you guys?

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I can't believe I'm even wasting my time arguing with somebody of your economic knowledge. You have presented zero facts. I have thrown out the most useful facts to measure economic health. You have turfed up some old wivestale liberal talking point without even providing any facts. Please show me graphs of your data. Then to top it all off you play the "class warfare" card. How liberal of you! Bottom line is that you are unable to dispute that our economy is booming.

4. bigtexxx

Please link to the threads where I said that. You're slandering me without proof. If you are unable to show me where I said that, then I have no choice but to call you a liar. Your credibility is on the line here.

5. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Well blade. So much for a debate on substance...

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

I'm for.. the.. Rockets?

7. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Obvious slander by you, Azadre, again. I never said anything remotely close to what you are baselessly throwing out there. The truth is that you are a perceived as an irrelevant high school child. Don't flatter yourself into thinking that we care about you.

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

And they can be funny at times...

Osama Bin Laden: This is a message to all American infidels.
    Osama Bin Laden: Prepare to die in a sea of holy fire.
    Osama Bin Laden: You will be punished for your decadent ways on the first day of Radaman.
    Osama Bin Laden: You...
    ( laughter )
    Osama Bin Laden: Wait... wait a minute, wait, did I just say... what'd I say, Radaman?
    Osama Bin Laden: Rama... rada...
    Osama Bin Laden: Blah, blah, blah, blah.
    Osama Bin Laden: Ramadan.
    Osama Bin Laden: Radaman, what is that?
    Osama Bin Laden: What is Rad... yeah, maybe Dennis Radaman is going to punish you ( laughter ) with his crazy hair.
    Osama Bin Laden: No?
    Osama Bin Laden: ( Chuckles )
    Camera man: osama.
    Osama Bin Laden What's that?
    Osama Bin Laden Right, right. Yeah, no.
    Osama Bin Laden Okay, okay, all right, okay, let's go again. Okay.
    Osama Bin Laden This is a message to all amer...
    Osama Bin Laden ( laughs )
    ( laughter )
    Osama Bin Laden I'm not... I'm not going to be able to do it now.
    Osama Bin Laden I'm not gonna... okay, all right, no.
    Osama Bin Laden No, I-I got to get all the, I got to get all the laughs out.
    Osama Bin Laden Okay, I got to get all the laughs out.
    Osama Bin Laden ( Exercises mouth )
    Camera man: Today, sometime.
    Osama Bin Laden Okay, all right.
    ( Laughter )
    Osama Bin Laden Stop making that face over there!
    Osama Bin Laden What are you doing?
    Osama Bin Laden I can't... he makes that face and it makes me laugh.
    Osama Bin Laden Okay, you know what?
    Osama Bin Laden Just turn around.
    Osama Bin Laden Turn... turn around.
    Osama Bin Laden I don't care where you look.
    Osama Bin Laden Just look over there, okay.
    Osama Bin Laden All right, they're cracking,
    Osama Bin Laden They're cracking up over there.
    Osama Bin Laden Okay.
    Osama Bin Laden Oh, yeah, yeah, look who's snickering over there, Mr. "I can't do a suicide bombing because I'm sick."
    ( Laughter and mocking )
    Osama Bin Laden He had a, he had a note...
    Osama Bin Laden He had a note from his doctor!
    Osama Bin Laden He brought a note from his doctor!
    Osama Bin Laden It's a suicide bombing!
    Osama Bin Laden What are you... okay, all right, okay, all right.
    Osama Bin Laden Here we go, here we go, this is, get the, all serious now, okay.
    Osama Bin Laden Death to...
    ( laughter )
    Osama Bin Laden I can't... I can't do it.
    Osama Bin Laden I can't do it. I can't...
    Osama Bin Laden Oh, come on, now you're just trying to make...
    Osama Bin Laden Hey, wait.
    Osama Bin Laden Wait, wait, wait.
    Osama Bin Laden Look, look, look at...
    ( laughter )
    Osama Bin Laden Rubber chicken, you know?
    Osama Bin Laden I should just, I should do, like, the whole tape with this in my hand, you know?
    Osama Bin Laden Just totally like with the chicken right here, because everyone would be like, "what the hell? What is..."
    ( laughter )
    Osama Bin Laden ( high-pitched voice ): Death to Americans!
    Osama Bin Laden Just let him do it.
    Osama Bin Laden Let him do the tape, eh?
    Osama Bin Laden Don't blame me, it was the chicken. It was the, he was...
    Osama Bin Laden Oh, no, no, no. No, actually, you know what would be better?
    Osama Bin Laden Hey, wait, wait, wait.
    ( Laughter )
    Osama Bin Laden Just walk out like this, like just, like...
    Osama Bin Laden Just come out like this, but just like all serious, like just totally, like completely serious, like... like I don't even know I'm wearing them.
    ( Laughter )
    Osama Bin Laden Like, uh, death... death to America.
    Osama Bin Laden What? What?
    Osama Bin Laden What are you looking at?
    Osama Bin Laden What, do I have some... do I have something on my face?
    Osama Bin Laden What? Oh... what?
    Osama Bin Laden Right here? What?
    Osama Bin Laden What? I'm just wearing my regular glasses.
    Osama Bin Laden I always wear these.
    Osama Bin Laden What? Hey, it's me in an '80s movie, right?

http://www.planet-familyguy.com/pfg/subtitles.php?a=episode&id=70

9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Buddy, unemployment has been measured the same way since 1948.

Reagan redefined *unemployment* iirc, to make himself look better than he was iirc2.

10. No Worries

Evidenced by this post.

11. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Whatever, it had been two years and I don't remember who said what, you might not have even been active during the time frame. And if that's all you think, then by all means think it. But a friendly remember I am working on my BS in Biochemistry, so I am an irrelevant college student.
    :cool:

texxx, it may never have been you either. My memory is fuzzy of the whole issue, I just remember a poster with conservative tendencies tried to label me as such.

12. No Worries

Define *booming*. Look at the chart you posted. Ok, now look at the slope of the new line made by connecting the first and last points in the graph. Now look at the slope of the line from 2002 to present. What do you see?

What you see is that GDP of late has been *average*. Didn't they teach you something at college?

13. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Texxx, glad you're here man... the liberals who say our economy is weak now are the same who say the recession didn't begin during the final year of Clinton's second term... anotherwords, they live in a dream world where they can pick and chose the facts they "agree" with. Regardless of what facts you show them about unemployment rates and economic growth they are still going to b**** and moan and pull stuff out of their butts to try and drag the President through the mud, it's what they do. The fact that our economy is doing this well after the financial horror of 9/11, the corporate corruption of Enron, Worldcom and Tyco, record hurricanes and natural disasters and the rising oil prices speaks for itself. No other President in history has faced as many massive economic hurdles as Bush in his tenure, and we are still flying high. The Dow Jones easily hovers over 10,000 and spikes to 11,000 quite often, the NASDAQ is easily over 2,000 and the S&P is well over 1,000. The unemployment rate is way down, the GDP is way up... and we are still "struggling?" Laughable.

14. Major

Major Member

See no evil, hear no evil. The data has been posted plenty of times. If you choose to ignore it, that's your problem - not mine. Real wage data is readily available from all sorts of sources - try typing it in google and educating yourself. GDP is a good general measure - but not by itself.

A two person country where one person has an income of $500 and the other has $0 is not as health as a country where two have incomes of $200, even though the GDP is higher. When wealth disparity is increasing and real wages and median wages are dropping, you've got a long-term structural problem in your economy.

15. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

Oh please, what a load from you, Major. You've never fared well in economic debates, and this is no exception. Wage growth has been within 1% of inflation
    growth over the past 12 months -- and that is debateable and subject to measuring error. 1%. Much of that disparity is due to the spike in energy prices. To take that short term, questioned measurement and then extrapolate it to mean that across the board workers are struggling to make ends meet and are having their savings wiped out by inflation is pure trash. You are just looking for any piece of negative data you can find, and jumping all over it. You obviously have an agenda if you are able to look at this economy and declare that it is not booming.

We have had 10 consecutive quarters of REAL GDP growth exceeding 3%. The S&P 500 is near 4 year highs. Inflation is low. Interest rates are low. The dollar is gaining ground against other currencies. Home ownership and home values are very high. Corporate earnings are strong. Instead of acknowledging these positives, you are focused on a 1% short-term aberration between wages and inflation? Are you kidding me? How can you say that you don't have a politically slanted agenda with a straight face?

16. No Worries

the liberals who say our economy is weak now are the same who say the recession didn't begin during the final year of Clinton's second term... anotherwords, they live in a dream world where they can pick and chose the facts they "agree" with.

LMAO.

17. bigtexxx

Again, no data from you. I've seen all you have to offer, and it's not nearly enough to dispute my facts. You can't dispute my accurate, relevant data with old wivestales and cooked up make believe examples. If it's so easy to find the data, produce it for me.

18. No Worries

Sniff. Sniff. Smells like average to me.

You win the cherry picking contest here. First start at a downward market correction point and toss out gems like "near highs since then" and you get a load of toss.

How about looking at it this way. Since the 2000 bubble (or 9/11 ftm), the SP and DJ have been trading in a fairly tight range. Over the last four years, the investing crowd has simply gone ape sh*t over the prospects of the US economy. NOT.

19. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Of course GDP is going up. It always does during a war. Government spending is a major component of GDP. It was flat until the Iraq war.

20. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

Major, since you like to critique graphs, please share your thoughts on the graph below. It is a graph of your historical contributions to this website.

[​IMG]

Is this graph the result of differences between real and nominal growth?