1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

On what team, league or planet would these stats not win you the ire of every single fan?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Roxlove, May 4, 2013.

1. hubeijames

hubeijames Member

They did attack your arguments, and your response was apparently anything that proves you wrong is a logical fallacy.

So yeah, not much less to do but mock you mercilessly.

2. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

No, they posters in question (there were just a few of them thankfully)
    which I now choose to largely ignore from here on out did not attack my arguments. Go back and read it again. They were attacking my character.

And by definition, this:
    "your response was apparently anything that proves you wrong is a logical fallacy."
    ..is a completely illogical statement. If it is a logical fallacy, then it does not prove me wrong.

And then you go proving my point with your last sentence. You got nothing left but personal attacks! Thank you, come again.:grin:

3. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

..aaand I still can't edit my posts.

4. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

they = the

5. underoverup

underoverup Member

Correlation is not Caucasian.

6. ERC

ERC Member

You may want to look up the definition of red herring. :p

My argument: back in 09-10, had anyone wondered "what planet we are on" after a top-3 draft pick scored 0 pt in his first 2 playoff games, it would have been a knee jerk reaction. Small sample size, for one. Secondly, young players learn and get better, as we've seen in Harden's case.

Also, correlation is not the same as causal. If anything, I'd argue that Harden's 3p% shooting has more to do with the W-L record. In the 4 games we lost, he shot 8-of-31 for an abysmal 25.8%. In the 2 games we won, he was 7-for-13 (53.8%).

7. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

red herring
    n.
    1. A smoked herring having a reddish color.
    2. Something that draws attention away from the central issue.

You're welcome.;)

8. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

lol His first year Harden had an extremely small role on that team. He was a 20 year old rookie and no one expected anything from him. He averaged 2.5 attempts a game in the two you are talking about. What's the point of making that comparison like him going scoreless was a big deal? It wasn't back then and if you have any sense it's still not now.

9. ERC

ERC Member

I knew that a long time ago. But am happy that I'm helping you learn. You're welcome as well. ;)

10. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

Yeah, sure you did!;)

11. ERC

ERC Member

It wasn't a big deal, that was my whole point. Harden's talented and a poor first 2 playoff games doesn't change that, not to mention the uber-small sample size and his small role in it. It would've been a knee-jerk reaction if anyone thought it was.

12. ERC

ERC Member

Make a contribution to the tip jar and you'll be able to. You're welcome (again). ;)

13. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

My, aren't you just a helpful little chipmunk!:cool:

14. conquistador#11

sky is the limit. sure, lin can put up 20 game perfomances often, but if he can't cover the sg and his man then it's better to have Bev out there. or just put bev at the power forward.

15. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

So I take it you are upset with the team. Understandable.

I think a lot of people are high on Kool-aide because everyone was tell them before the season they wouldn't even be here. No had faith in Martin, Lin, Parsons or Asik being able to compete. Harden change expectations but most on the board are sticking the media line that one "super-star" can't do anything in today's NBA.

So us just getting to the playoffs is a accomplishment and people would have been fine with us getting swept as well.

I do feel you, I actually believe this team has enough talent that we SHOULD have won the 6th seed, we probably still would have lost but we have enough talent to do better then just backdoor into the playoffs. But at the end of the day, you can't fault a fan for trying to look forward to next season when at this point, nothing anyone can do.

16. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Is Roxlove just GlenRice's latest account?

17. ERC

ERC Member

Just because we disagree doesn't mean I can't/won't help a fellow Clutch fan. :)

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

This doesn't really make sense. The Rockets are the youngest team in the league, just making it to the playoffs is a great accomplishment, nevermind extending OKC to 6 games. Rather than earn the ire of fans, other teams which have older players yet has a lower record should be the ones pissed off.

Rome wasn't built in a day, and OKC spent 6 years in mediocrity before they became contenders.

19. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

Hey, since you're still here, let me ask you this:
    How is the following ...

.. Not a fitting example of definition number two below? You never explained! Am I just to take your word on it?:grin:

20. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

it is still the earth. Do you eat?