1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

On the BRIGHTSIDE ...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D-rock, Mar 27, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

3. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I love this move. I'm now a huge fan of Tilman and organization.

Very Classy.

Before it was just the organization

5. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

On the brightside, maybe next time he doesn't get slapped in the face and we have a poster dunk for the ages!

6. Bo6

Bo6 Member

The OKC broadcast said this was good defense.... lol

between this and the catch in the presesason (missed the stepback 3) Jalen Green already has a few of the best "almost" plays i've ever seen.

i3artow i3aller and burlesk like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Classy move indeed.

8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Teach them how to shoot Gerald

i3artow i3aller, burlesk and D-rock like this.
  9. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Lol, the top 8 threads are about Jalen Green.

DeBeards and burlesk like this.
  11. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Instead of helping the pg, John Wall's only into mentoring jg who actually a legit sg?

i3artow i3aller and D-rock like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

#892 D-rock, Oct 28, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
    burlesk, DeBeards and i3artow i3aller like this.
  13. Jalen Green OnlyFan

14. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

@Lakers 10/31/21
    Wood stand up to speak out n take the responsibility is at least a good sign for coming games

finally we see KMJ make the starting lineup, tho for stupid silas it's a passive roster movement but at least brings us some hope.

D-rock and jch1911 like this.
  15. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Martin needs to start, PERIOD.

16. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

17. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Green Vs. Mobley
    Way Too Early on Mobley/Green Debate
    As of Sunday night, Evan Mobley is averaging 13.4 points, 7.6 rebounds, 2.6 assists and 1.4 blocks in his 32 minutes per game for the Cavaliers. Immediately, he's shown the ability to defend the paint and step out and clamp up smaller guards on the perimeter, both attributes which Mobley had displayed at the collegiate level but which scouts were not certain would directly translate, at least in the short term, at the pro level. In the early going, Mobley seems to have resoundingly addressed those doubts - he is and will be the real deal
    defensively. Naturally, it begs the question whether the Rockets, in selecting Jalen Green over Mobley, made a mistake.

The answer is that the discussion is entirely premature. Before the draft, in advocating that the Rockets select Green, no one was expecting Green's scoring abilities to translate immediately. I said that even if Green burst out of the gates in his rookie season, the jury would be out on this debate for at least a few years. After all, big men take time to develop. In that same vein, while Green has struggled so far, the verdict is far from clear. It's literally been two weeks. Mobley looks like he will be better than his projected floor, but the race is on for each player to reach his respective ceiling. That is all to say, sit tight and let this play out. Mobley could very well be Chris Bosh 2.0. But there are several superstar wings - Kobe Bryant and Tracy McGrady to name two - who did not set the world ablaze as teenagers. Give Green his time. There's a reason scouts had proclaimed he could some day lead the league in scoring. He has all of the tools.

About Sengun
    I think Sengun's destiny is eventually to become this team's hub on offense. The fact that it does not appear that his defense will be an obstacle to playing time - as many believed - is rather fortuitous. I don't know if this is all a few years away, but if Sengun as the playmaking hub materializes, it has far-reaching implications on management's roster-building decisions over the course of these next few years.
    Saturday's game will be particularly interesting as many observers have commented on the similarity in skillset between Sengun and Jokic. The Rockets will get an up-close look at the finished product in Jokic that they hope Sengun can someday come close to replicating. Comparisons to a reigning MVP may seem lofty, but anyone who has watched Sengun closely this season can see the resemblance: the vision, the playmaking, the poise, and even at just 19, the old-man strength. By week's end, the safe bet is that Houston will find itself at 1-8 and in a stronger position than they currently find themselves today in the lottery race.

burlesk, D-rock and 18pbr like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

20. D-rock

D-rock Member