1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

On like Donkey Kong: Obama Said to Plan Moves to Shield 5 Million Immigrants

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by JuanValdez, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Will do, appreciate it.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

the mask slips

"I just took an action to change the law"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9ZOFbDUHJnE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. False

False Member

If quibbles about one word in a speech is all opponents can muster. I think that it will be smooth sailing. Commodore, why do you think that him saying that he changed the law matters? Do you think that this 30 second clip you provided will somehow tip the analysis of a court? Do you think it will sway public opinion? I would think not as it seems pretty inconsequential to me and is couched in a larger speech where he talks about the program being an executive action, but please tell me why YOU think this comment somehow matters.

Obama is planning on implementing an executive action. He can characterize it how he wants for whatever purposes he wishes. Similarly, his opponents, including people on the left (such as the hecklers he was responding to) can characterize his program however they want. Ultimately it doesn't change the fact that it is an executive action and not a change of law as that would require an act of congress.

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Chuck Todd wonders why MTP's ratings suck, doing a poor imitation of David Gregory and getting schooled by Senator Elect Tom Cotton

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XwbBNxIxR8M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>