1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

On Chinese Cuisine, and Bat Soup to heal your soul

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Roomba, Mar 13, 2020.

?

Did I maybe change your mind just a little bit?

1. No, bat boy.

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Fine...just a little.

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Actually a decent thread!

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. I've never had a problem with Chinese Food, homie

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. 哥,你写的太长了

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’d accept accidentally exposing as a lab worker got sick and went out in public and China could easily prove it if it were true. But I don’t think China cares.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  2. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It took me two seconds to google that.

"Small lineup".

King1 and Nook like this.
  3. adoo

adoo Member

need context

4. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

The Small lineup is ****ing awesome

Nook likes this.
  5. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

小阵容 small lineup

牛逼 ****ing awesome

Nook likes this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Protip: Fruit Bats are actually made of meat.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The next disease could come from the US. Any place where humans and animals come into contact can be the source.

8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

thats why i only get my shwarma from halal guys

Ubiquitin and Invisible Fan like this.
  9. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Perhaps, but vampire bats are indeed made of vampires. And heroin

Ubiquitin, King1 and KingCheetah like this.
  10. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

The OP is either missing this point or willing to go along with the CCP like a lot people under the influence of dirty ChiCom money.

Senator likes this.
  11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is conspiracy nonsense. Scientists can look at a virus and tell its origins and this one has already been sequenced.

There is no way any lab in the world can manufacture a novel virus like this one - no one has that capability today - it's extremely difficult because you are talking about creating something to evade the human immune system which isn't entirely understood even. In addition to that, there isn't a way to predict the virality or mortality of a virus. To manufacture one (even if somehow you could) and then release it into the world would most likely backfire and come back to haunt you.

People like you blame China and people in China blame the US. Scapegoating isn't going to help anyone on either side. Let's stop it.

12. TheresTheDagger

I'm going with 小阵容牛逼 at least until the season starts up again.

King1 and Roomba like this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

HEY CHINA!

Just knock it off, ok.

No more bats, tiger penis, rhino horn, elephant ivory, shark fin, koala spleen or whatever the **** else you think has magical powers.

IT DOES NOT. STOP IT.

King1 likes this.
  14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ok I’m just sticking with bison balls to keep it American!

ElPigto likes this.
  15. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think I'm missing any point. The point is, regardless of whether you think the virus jumped from wild animals to humans (which is what I believe) or was made in a lab, some people are being judged for something they had no part in creating or spreading. I don't think that's quite fair.

As for "dirty ChiCom money"...well I make a pretty good living working in China to support my family in America, so I'm grateful for and blessed with the opportunity to work overseas. Like I said before, I've had my fair share of problems with the government here, but China as a whole has been good to me and I'm thankful for that too.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Hey I was curious - why do you have a picture of yourself jumping up and touching the bottom of the net?

Roomba likes this.
  17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

More curious is why the Chicago Comicon has to do with any of this ****. It's just some dudes who like anime. Leave em the hell alone, they aren't bothering anyone

Roomba likes this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

Polar bear testicles would be a much more appropriate comparison.

eta: and no, I'm not saying anything just because of this current outbreak. I've been b****ing about "eastern medicine" for a long time on this bbs. East Asia and to a lesser extent the Middle East are the global drivers of the endangered exotic animal trade.

#38 Buck Turgidson, Mar 14, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
  19. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately, this is too true. Traditional Chinese or Eastern medicine started out with herbal cures and brews and poultices (which very well may have some, if limited medicinal properties--but not to the extent that like, a tylenol would) and somewhere along the line got corrupted to "if it's more rare/endangered, then it'll help me with my incurable issues". Stuff like panda breast, bear paws, rhino horn...it doesn't do sh*t for you. Hell, rhino horn is just keratin so eating your nails would have the same benefit.

And whats even worse? People actually believe that this stuff will help, especially the less educated people who have recently come into wealth. I know Yao Ming has taken a stand on these issues and he's helped immensely with shark fin, but his influence only extends so far. Chinese-Indonesians don't give a sh*t about what Yao has to say. I try my best to spread the word too, but I doubt I'm having much of an impact. Won't stop me trying though.

Hakeemtheking and Buck Turgidson like this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

I remember when I was 8 or 10 or so and I was at my Dad's deer lease in South Texas, where he'd take his favorite banking customers, and one day somebody killed a bigass rattlesnake under one of the blinds and brought it back to the lodge. Mr. Chen proceeded to get glass of tequila or whatever, pulls out his knife, cuts out the gall bladder, and then squeezes all the bile into his booze. Says "It's good for your eyes" and then downs the shot. Little me is sitting there saying "I can see just fine, thanks."

Hakeemtheking and Roomba like this.