1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you miss Chris Paul?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kadoz, Dec 7, 2020.

1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

vlaurelio and WiltTheStilt13 like this.
  2. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

I don’t miss Paul. Just because the Westbrook trade was bad, didn’t mean Paul was good enough to bring a championship to Houston. The fact is, Harden is the primary ball handler, which negates Paul’s true PG skills. Not to mention he didn’t have a good contract that allowed the Rockets to make any significant moves. Then consider how injury prone he’s been over the last 5 years despite not having any last year, which was likely due to a short season. He’ll be 36 this year, so the likelihood of him declining soon is real.

Nope, the Rockets weren’t winning a championship with Paul. The mistake the Rockets made wasn’t trading Paul. It was trading Paul for the wrong player and giving up draft picks at the same time

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

20. Easily one of the dumbest trades in nba history. I’ve said that for the last year plus and I’ll continue to do so

joshuaao, mastan, napalm06 and 2 others like this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Lol how can you say they couldn't win a championship with Paul when they were a hamstring pull away from it?

napalm06 likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

but ViNcE GoOdWiLl iS fAkE nEwS!

#65 J.R., Dec 8, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It should have been clear from day one that's what happened. Harden comes out saying "I know exactly what needs to be done" then shortly after that, CP3 is traded for one of Harden's friends.

Harden the GM overruled Morey the GM and it destroyed the team....now Harden the player wants out because he screwed everything up.

#66 Bobbythegreat, Dec 8, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    Ramo$e and J.R. like this.
  7. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

I don’t miss Paul. Just because the Westbrook trade was bad, didn’t mean Paul was good enough to bring a championship to Houston. The fact is, Harden is the primary ball handler, which negates Paul’s true PG skills. Not to mention he didn’t have a good contract that allowed the Rockets to make any significant moves. Then consider how injury prone he’s been over the last 5 years. Despite not having any last year, it was likely due to a shortened season.

Nope, the Rockets weren’t winning a championship with Paul. Trading Paul wasn’t the wrong decision. Trading Paul for Westbrook and attaching 1st rd picks was wrong decision.

8. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

The Paul for Westbrook trade was terrible. But that doesn't mean that Chris Paul was the right star alongside Harden. It just means that Westbrook wasn't right, either. Paul was the right guy in 2017-18, but not in 2018-19.

Ideally, what Harden needs around him are off-ball, defensive minded players who can shoot. As many of those guys who you can get. And hopefully at least some of those guys can handle the rock a little, and run some offense when he's not doing it. Other than his ability to create, Westbrook brought none of the qualities they needed.

Patience likes this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Rocket River

10. Kadoz

Kadoz Member

Chris Paul is my favorite Rocket of all time. I love the way he plays, the leadership and accountability he brought to the team, and his fiery personality makes him one of those guys who you love when he's with you but hate him when he's playing against you

fchowd0311 likes this.
  11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Always confirming your lack of class .... you are what you are and you can't help it - that **** don't wash off.

VooDooPope likes this.
  12. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

I miss a few minutes of traditional point guard game because that's how I like the game. CP3 was the last one to do that for us, so yes, I miss him as a player. I don't miss his attitude or overall energy around the team and our rivals.

I think we will fall in love Wall just because we have not seen any resemblance of traditional basketball for a long time

Corrosion likes this.
  13. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I.D.I.O.T.

15. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

For me it was never about how good CP3 was for Rockets but his age and injury history. A prior of injury history with getting on the back end of an NBA career usually doesn't bode well. Usually...

16. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I knew that was coming.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

IMO that trade to OKC added a few more prime years to CP3's career. That traded triggered him to prove everyone wrong that he was done as an All-Star level point guard. If that trade never happened I think we probably would have seen the same hobbling Chris Paul we saw in 2018/2019 and not the CP3 that played in OKC. That being said, would I have kept him knowing how everything would have shaken out over the past 2-3 months? Most likely but that turns into a "hell yes" given the fact that we lost so many picks just to move Paul and then only to end up with a John Wall.

18. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Wow. Good luck CP3 and Phoenix in the Conf finals.
    A master class by CP3 against Denver with a very inexperienced team.
    I'm guessing Phoenix fans aren't complaining so much about his contract.

Still can't believe we traded CP3 for Westbrook, who we then flipped for John Wall.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

We would have won at least 2 championships by now and be on our way to three.

sealclubber1016 likes this.
  20. clos4life

clos4life Member

As usual, thanks Fertits, for pushing that Westbrook trade through!