1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

On a Diet? On a Budget? Want Beer? Can You Hold Your Nose and Drink?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Rocketman95, Dec 11, 2003.

Tags:
  1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Something about using the word "plethora" in a beer thread just doesn't sit right with me.

"Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?" -Dusty Bottoms

2. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

The Beast was our drink of choice at Vandy. $10 a case. We'd buy 20 cases, throw them in garbage cans filled with ice, and have this party called "Cans" every Friday at 4. Great way to start the weekend.

Corona and Heineken are repulsive. I cant believe I spent good money on them when I first starting drinking. Hell I'd rather have a cold Beast than a Heineken. Even the Heineken at the brewery in Amsterdam was stinky, even after the 8am space cake we had for breakfast (however Amstel 1860 or something like that is great, but we can t get it here).

Anyone here ever had a Old Style? Thats some cheap schwag beer. I had a fraternity brother from Chicago who used to take us "Old Styling" in Chicago. Basically you start driving down a street and stop at every bar where there is a neon Old Style sign in the window. The joke is that every freaking bar in Chicago has a neon Old Style sign, or at least they used to in the 90s.

All in all, I'm a Guinness man. Love the black stuff.

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

This thread inspired be to get a case of Natty Light, which I'm starting on right now.

Is it fair to say that Natty Light is to Miller Lite what Keystone Light is to Bud Light? One of the reasons I don't like Bud Light is that I have to drink twice of much of it to get the same effect. I remember Keystone being like that in college as well.