1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

On 2nd thought Tracy McGrady might be able to help us

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Big Dogzz, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Big Dogzz

Big Dogzz Member

Honestly I know I'm going to get a lot of grief for even mentioning this but truthfully after a while of hearing what the Rockets problems are this season it just seems like T-Mac could fit in and definitely be the answer if he could just get his opportunity to play himself into game shape. Now in no way am I advocating that I think T-Mac is some savior or is some amazing player that the team in no way can do without. I think the Houston Rockets have proven that they can be legitimately a good basketball team without him in their lineup. My problem is Trevor Ariza has taken on a role that most players have to wait for years to even have the potential of getting and he is having some problems in many games of our Rocket season because of it. Poor ball handling, poor shooting percentages, very poor decision making is all stemming from Ariza learning a role he has never partook in at the Houston Rockets expense. So if that is the case it would only be fair to allow T-Mac a proven commodity to come out and state his case. But the Rockets are not letting him and in my opinion out of bitterness from the situation that took place last year, which is definitely justified but doesn't mean that it can't be detrimental to the overall team. The point I'm making is having a guy like a T-Mac who was a very good decision maker, incredible athlete (and that's even now, I know many of you don't believe it but the truth of the matter is a 70% T-Mac, and maybe currently even higher than 70%, is a more athletic player than many of the other players in this league) may give us a true fighters chance at not only making the playoffs but making a legitimate playoff run. And also whether you'd like to believe this or not he was never given a fair shot at returning. I have never in my life heard of a player doing well (while being incredibly efficient)and then being taken out. When T-Mac scored those 10 points (and dished out 3 assists) in the game vs. the Clippers I was thinking great he finally has deservedly earned more playing time in tonights game and what happens instead? The 8 minutes a game for T-Mac rule kicks in and he's taken out. This is not opportunity this is a plan created by the Rockets orgination in order to set him up for failure and you all know it. Like I said I know I will get a lot of backlash for this post but seriously ask yourself and as truly as you can if you think T-Mac is really getting a fair shot. At the very least show him off so that you could atleast trade the guy. But I for one am pissed that a guy who is making 23 million, more than any other player in this league, is healthy and not allowed to even be contributing to our team. It's downright pathetic if you ask me.

2. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

One word: paragraphs

3. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

T-mac has brought out some 99ers these days :p

4. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

COOL STORY BRO.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Lock er up, please.

DD

6. Aussie_Fozzey

Aussie_Fozzey Member

if you put it into paragraphs i would continued reading, dam dude.
    you may have some logic behind what you're saying, but i think you just have to come to terms that T-macs day in Houston are over.

End Thread

7. clos4life

clos4life Member

I had a really hard time reading your post. I actually agree with your content but it was terribly formatted. I know that's not your point but your point won't get across if people wont' read. I did and it was painful to read even though I agree with what you are saying.

8. bratna8

bratna8 Member

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

paragraphsarelikespacesbutMUCHMUCHLONGERINBETWEENWORDS

10. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

so you mean via trade right? sorry, that looked really long.

11. OldSchool34

OldSchool34 Member

He might....but he probably won't.

12. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I'll wait for the movie.

13. Big Dogzz

Big Dogzz Member

My apologies guys. Just wrote out of frustration about the situation. Here is my ghettofied adjusted format version of my post. And yes please do give feedback on this as I am interested in hearing people's points of views.

On 2nd thought Tracy Mcgrady might be able to help us

Honestly I know I'm going to get a lot of grief for even mentioning this but truthfully after a while of hearing what the Rockets problems are this season it just seems like T-Mac could fit in and definitely be the answer if he could just get his opportunity to play himself into game shape. Now in no way am I advocating that I think T-Mac is some savior or is some amazing player that the team in no way can do without. I think the Houston Rockets have proven that they can be legitimately a good basketball team without him in their lineup.

With that said my problem is Trevor Ariza has taken on a role that most players have to wait for years to even have the potential of getting and he is having some problems in many games of our Rocket season because of it. Poor ball handling, poor shooting percentages, very poor decision making is all stemming from Ariza learning a role he has never partook in at the Houston Rockets expense. So if that is the case it would only be fair to allow T-Mac a proven commodity to come out and state his case. But the Rockets are not letting him and in my opinion out of bitterness from the situation that took place last year, which is definitely justified but doesn't mean that it can't be detrimental to the overall team.

The point I'm making is having a guy like a T-Mac who was a very good decision maker, incredible athlete (and that's even now, I know many of you don't believe it but the truth of the matter is a 70% T-Mac, and maybe currently even higher than 70%, is a more athletic player than many of the other players in this league) may give us a true fighters chance at not only making the playoffs but making a legitimate playoff run. And also whether you'd like to believe this or not he was never given a fair shot at returning. I have never in my life heard of a player doing well (while being incredibly efficient)and then being taken out. When T-Mac scored those 10 points (and dished out 3 assists) in the game vs. the Clippers I was thinking great he finally has deservedly earned more playing time in tonights game and what happens instead? The 8 minutes a game for T-Mac rule kicks in and he's taken out. This is not opportunity this is a plan created by the Rockets orgination in order to set him up for failure and you all know it.

Like I said I know I will get a lot of backlash for this post but seriously ask yourself and as truly as you can if you think T-Mac is really getting a fair shot. At the very least show him off so that you could atleast trade the guy. But I for one am pissed that a guy who is making 23 million, more than any other player in this league, is healthy and not allowed to even be contributing to our team. It's downright pathetic if you ask me.

14. {icebox425}

{icebox425} Member

I'd like to see Tracy given more of a chance than he was too, but face it...he's not wanted here. I liked Tracy's game, and I don't think RA handled him fairly, but the team is more important than the player.

I wasn't sure whether I should believe all the internal grumblings coming out in the lead-up to his come-back, but now the team has officially stated they want to trade him, he's as good as gone. I don't think there's ANY chance of him coming back in a Rockets uniform. It's time to move on.

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I agree with what you are saying. I refuse to believe that a "not 100%" "non-saviour" and "lazy defence" tmac is more detrimental to the team than the present state of Ariza. Whether you argue team chemistry or not because i dont see Tmac disrupting the chemstry any more than ariza with his antics

i know we should get over it, but on retrospective it wasnt that great of a decision

16. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

You forgot to indent

17. HoustonRockets

you just found out he could help this team? oh well, too late anyways.

18. squanzo

squanzo Member

Obviously Tracy McGrady could help the Rockets. He's a top 10 player in the league when healthy, which he is - he could help the Lakers or Celtics for that matter.

Rockets messed this one up. FINALLY, FINALLY TMac gets a good supporting cast, and what do they do? They bench 'em! It's hilarious!!!!!!!!

Stay classy, RA

19. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Seconded. I'm not even going to attempt to read that.

Cool story, bro!

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Ruh roh, torch bearers will come down on you like the wrath of god.