1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omri Casspi's role basing on his performance

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MazelTov, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Oracle

Oracle Member

Exactly! If McHale gives him the green light to shoot the 3pt:ers also when they are not falling, he will get over those periods easily. Byron Scott benched him immediately when the first 3pt:er did not fall. Casspi was constantly out of his comfort zone. If he is free to shoot 6-8 3pt:ers a game, he will shoot them at around 50%.

2. Oracle

Oracle Member

I don't think that will happen. I've been a Casspi advocate from the beginning, but it is always about the team winning. I do thrust McHale. He's confident enough to make pure basketball decisions. I'm good with that. In the end it is about team chemistry. That will win games more than anything else. It looking very good right now.

3. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

preseason ...

still wait and see if he can light it up during regular games. would be a big boost if he could

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Casspi has the surprised the crap out of me. He looks like a very good role player. Hopefully he can maintain some consistency in the regular season. I would be estactic if he can shoot at a 45 percent clip and 38 percent from downtown and average 8 rebound per 36 minutes. With those numbers he could easily be our primary PF with Asik.

5. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Casspi put on an incredible performance these last 3 games, but don't expect these stats in the regular season. Teams will put better defenders on him, and study the game tapes to scout his weaknesses. They probably have enough scouting video on him now.

6. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Agreed... He's probably gonna receive 20 mpg at best... We just need him to hit those hot streaks when the 2nd unit comes in... 8-10 reliable ppg would do wonders for this team..

7. alcatrazpsycho

The Von Miller Effect.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good.

9. Chamillionaire

Plenty of other options? The 4 is our weakest link.

10. Chamillionaire

The one thing I like about him is that he plays hard. He's out there busting his ass. If he can continue to hit his shots, he's definitely deserving of minutes. He could easily play the Delfino role from last year.

D12 / Asik
    Asik / Casspi / Parsons
    Parsons / Garcia
    Harden / Lin
    Beverly / Lin

Dmo and TJones competing for some minutes at the 4.

Brooks, Brewer, GSmith playing backups to the backups.

Canaan and Covington is RGV.

11. denali_wjl

denali_wjl Member

Team probably won't unless he is stealing starting PF, SF's minutes. If he can keep up 10 PPG that'd be already super already. That should be possible based on his performance so far.

12. clos4life

clos4life Member

If he can be close to Delfino off the bench then I'm happy. So far, I see no reason why it can't be true. I don't expect him to be beasting like he is all the time but be reasonably consistent and he is got the spark plug off the bench role locked.

13. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

He's a younger delfino

14. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

That is Steve Kerr/Novak land.

15. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Team chemistry make players happy and play better

Lin, parsons, harden, howard are all laid back fun guys

the team has good chemistry

16. Naismith

Naismith Member

This :eek::eek:

17. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

So what you are saying is, if Casspi gets over 6 3point attempts per game, he will shoot them better than anyone in NBA history by a wide margin.

Kerr and Novak have never came close to doing 6+ threes at 50%

18. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

He has been great on offense, and not just knocking down threes but showing nice mid range game and moving the ball nicely on the pass and on the the bounce. I think the only thing keeping him from starting is his size, he probably isn't bulky enough to guard opposing fours on a nightly basis. Otherwise the starting job should be his.

He actually kinda reminds me of Rashard Lewis, as far as his game. I think that's the other red flag that he shouldn't play along side Howard. While the starting five is probably going to be more deliberate about getting the ball to Howard and slowing down the offense I think Cassipi will fit in perfectly with a change of pace bench squad that will probably play more like we did last season. With Beverly pushing the ball every possession and looking for the first opportunity to launch an open shot.

19. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Please take a moment and consider our team before making such a statement. Before Casspi comes Harden, Howard, Parsons, Lin, and perhaps even Garcia, D-Mo, Beverly, and Jones. If you put a better defender on someone like Casspi, who is that better defender rotating off of? Are the defense going to game plan someone who historically has been a mediocre role player (due to enviroment most likely) when we have 2 superstars and at least 3 very good role players that can make it rain from downtown? Scouting videos are fine and all, but with a team as stacked as ours, Casspi will be as high on the radar for opposing teams as Garcia was for the Thunder during the playoffs. That's what I think at least.