1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omri Casspi???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SkyrimOwnsAll, Nov 2, 2013.

Tags:
  1. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

saw that he turned his ankle during the game last night, havent seen any reports on his status since then, is he good to go for tonight?

2. RikSmits

RikSmits Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Casspi said after the game, he thought he probably could've gone back in game. Came in locker room early to start treatment <a class="hashtag" action="hash" title="#Rockets">#Rockets</a></p>&mdash; AdamWexlerCSN (@awexler) <a href="https://twitter.com/awexler/status/396474757627277312" data-datetime="2013-11-01T22:12:03+00:00">November 1, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Of course, it may have worsened after the game. IDK.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Ugh... Beverley said the same thing. :( Knock on wood.

4. Normalus

Normalus Member

Just hurts to see Casspi playin major minutes as PF. It's not the way it's should be. Theres only two cases - or you develop one of two young PF's and let them play now, or let them both play and show their value to NBA before trading them. If it's the second case - you have half of the season to prepare Casspi for play-offs at 4. And lookin at stats - he's still garbage player except that he is on hot shooting from 3's, for sure not better defender than TJones.

5. Alon Rosen

Alon Rosen Member

Lol - less Harden, Casspi was the better player by far(when played).
    offensive wise(great shooting ability) and defensive wise(killed dirk by means).
    And he did all that,
    with a minimal playing time(sprained ankle).
    He can play the Sf as well as the Pf - very versatile.

I'm happy to see him completing the puzzle for Houston.
    He is not Delfino, Delfino is of course not Casspi,
    But as we see it, Casspi potential to assist
    Houston playoff targets is, with all due respect,
    better than Delfino's.

Harden, Howard, Lin, Casspi, Asik, Beverly, Parsons...
    This is the team that should lead Houston to the top...
    And as we have witnessed in the last few games
    and the preseason games as well...
    This team can deliver... Any one of them, as an individual
    and as a team.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

While watching the game on LP in Austin, it didn't look very serious. I'm assuming he'll be good to go tonight. I certainly hope so, since Casspi's been a nice surprise so far.

7. torontoman

torontoman Member

Let's cut him and give Dmo all his PT to the last second :p

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Casspi has been pretty good at PF both during the season and the preseason.

1. The team has mostly increased its lead whenever Casspi was in at PF. The Rockets were +17 with Casspi on the floor for 21 minutes vs. Mavs and +8 with him on the floor for 20 minutes vs. Bobcats.

2. On offense, his shooting has both helped spaced the floor for other players (compared to the Asik+Howard alternative) and open up opportunities for his own drives at the basket (which has generally yielded positive results-- either a good shot by himself or a pass that lead to good opportunities by teammates).

The fact that Casspi can get past his defender and make thing happen on drives is really important. A guy who can't really do that (Patterson, or even Marcus Morris) is not as threatening to the opposition.

2. On defense, he has stayed in front of his guy and fight for position despite being outweighed by guys like Dirk, McRoberts and Zbo. The team has also held its own or better in rebounds when he's on the floor (partly thanks to how great Asik and Howard are at getting rebounds). He never looked so disadvantage and was never so consistently beat by the opposition that the team needed to sub him out for a bigger guy.

Casspi may not be the strongest guy, but he at least savvy enough to know where he should be standing on D-- a pretty important advantage he has over the likes of DMo and Jones, who get lost in the scheme way too often.

Overall, I think he is likely to be a better version of Delfino-- can bring shooting and driving to the PF position but is taller and a more natural defender against opposing PFs.

1 person likes this.
  9. JBar

JBar Rookie

I pretty much agree with CH's assessment of Casspi. He's a much better player than the spot-up shooter I thought he was.

10. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Great pickup by Morey

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Casspi is a better rebounder than Delphino too. Loved Del3no too, but Casspi is a better fit as a longer stretch 4.

12. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Casspi is surprisingly very good at passing. More specifically, he has good passing vision, just needs to work on the actual art of passing. Some of his passes look awkward. Hands down, best revelation player so far.

13. J Hard

J Hard Member

I didn't think much of Casspi when we signed him.

When I seen him in preseason driving and slashing off the pump fake either scoring layups and passing, I realized he has serious game.

He just unexpectedly became a VERY important piece to our success going 4ward.

Morey does it again.

14. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

When the Rockets signed him I was indifferent about the move but after the past few years Morey has done with this team I didn't question it. Morey da wizard.

15. killakim

killakim Member

he reminds me of a young hedo.

16. Play07

Play07 Member

Going to warm up, see how it goes. Game-time decision that really is. @GoRockets7: @Jonathan_Feigen @JasonCFriedman Casspi playing tonight?

17. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

i love casspi's game, seems like he always makes the right play.

18. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

I hope he's healthy enough to play. Especially if Parsons has another cold shooting night of 0 from the perimeter.

19. Play07

Play07 Member

Casspi gave it a try, but cut off warmup early. He's out with a sprained ankle. - feigen

20. ben_from_TLV

ben_from_TLV Member

At least it means i can finally go to sleep early than 5am :grin: