1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omri Casspi Signs (Back) with Kings

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Panda23

Panda23 Member

2/10 elbows too pointy

1 person likes this.
  2. i3artow i3aller

Bar Refaeli knows Kostas is the life of the party.
    Hell, everybody knows Papa parties harder than Vince Carter.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Casspi was terrible here. Just awful.

4. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Youre being generous

5. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Shes got a mustache

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Where did you find this picture and who is this girl?

She has a hard-on for soccer players and Greek bball. V-Span in particular...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Must be a gold digger

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

If you don't understand what Papanicolau brings to the table that Casspi does not, you are either a Casspi only fan or know very little about basketball. Papanicolau is a Shane Battier without the corner 3.

8. Oracle

Oracle Member

I'm perfectly happy with my ignorance. Casspi will be in town tonight. Don't know how much he'll play, but meeting with SAC will certainly be interesting.

9. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

He still fukin sucks

He had the random good game very 20 games here 2.

10. Oracle

Oracle Member

Great. Everything seems to be in order then.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Omri Casspi:&quot;It was a life-changing experience from a basketball perspective2play 4CoachMcHale.He taught me how2play the game the right way&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/537760879815585792">November 27, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

That is awesome.

13. Oracle

Oracle Member

I watched the game. Tried to compare Papanicolau and Casspi. I couldn't really understand what Papnicolau brought to the table and Casspi did not.

Ariza + Papanicolau: 70 min, 18 PT, 7-17, 2-9, 2-4, 9 RB, 7 AST, 1 ST

Casspi: 41 min, 14 PT, 5-9, 0-1, 4-4, 7RB, 2 AST, 0 ST

Casspi did not do that much worse than Ariza and Papanicolau combined (those were the guys he took in D).

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Papa had 5 assists in 28 minutes for a rookie playing the 3/4 spot last night. He also had lots of hockey assists and played great D. He initiates the half court sets when Harden isn't in the game. The rockets were plus 10 while he was on the floor.

This is Papa's theme song.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GGXzlRoNtHU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Oracle

Oracle Member

So it is a musical thing. I didn't realize that you meant that.

PS. Did you watch the game? Casspi gave some really beautiful passes, but his teammates failed to convert them or were fouled (=no assists).

16. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Casspi showed again the good and the bad, the good = taking it to the basket, moving off the ball and some hustle plays. The bad = decision making, iso play and dribbling.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Oh Omri Shanti Omri

18. Oracle

Oracle Member

Never thought that Casspi was a starter in a deep playoff NBA team (although he's pretty close to that in this SAC team that is not bad at all). However, I always thought that he was an excellent player for the vet minimum he plays for.

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He still SUCKS.

Just watched him being a bonehead and try to do things he should not be doing in the second half of the game.

The problem with Capri has always been that he thinks he is a superstar.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I have to strongly disagree. I've watched every Rockets game this season, several twice (DVR's), and I'd take KP's cookin' over Casspi's game everyday, and twice on Sunday. For a rook having to adapt to a much different (and difficult) league, KP's been outstanding, in my humble opinion.

I know you watched the Kings game, but I'd be surprised if you seen every Rockets game. If you had, you would have witnessed the things Kostas' does that aren't always obvious while looking at a boxscore. Some remarkable passing, often leading to assists (if the target hits the shot, of course), but many being the pass to the Rocket who passes for the assist. He's excellent at both keeping the ball moving, and moving without the ball. He's a solid defender, not only being obviously grounded in the fundamentals of defense, but looking like a very instinctive defender. Kostas doesn't go for the pump fake, keeps his hands up when guarding his man around the post, avoiding the cheap foul, fronting, switching on D and the like. KP isn't a guy the coach has to constantly stress the importance of defense to, the Greek putting out the same intense effort at both ends of the court.

There's a reason this rookie from Europe is getting so many minutes. It isn't because McHale's desperate for a body to throw out there (as was often the case when Casspi was here, and I rooted for Omri early on - he simply wasn't consistent at all), but because he is that good. And his shooting percentage will rise. I have no doubts about that. Morey's scored again.

1 person likes this.