1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omri Casspi Signs (Back) with Kings

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Sep 19, 2014.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

He was on fire early on and then just slowly regressed into a scrub.

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

It might be the Rox coaching staff that limited this guy. Very likely good confirming chance.

3. NotChandlerParsons

I agree. He's kind of an idiot which is really bad in our system where everyone is encouraged to handle the ball but there is no real motion.

4. CasspiFan

CasspiFan Member

Casspi is at his pick. watch him while you can, cuz i don't think he could keep this up. even kobe will get tired at some point, if he'll lead a poor team like Casspi is doing in the last few games. tonight will lead the kings to a victory.

5. downbytheriver

Brother, mighty good call.

6. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Exactly. In an adelman system he would always be moving without the ball.

7. Oracle

Oracle Member

I don't know what you guys want, but tonight Casspi scored 14 points in 16.5 minutes to win over the Bulls. He was 5-5 from the field and 4-4 from the line. He has the highest points per score of the SAC team (1.704), AFG% at 56 and PER at 18.5 playing 16.8 min a game (12 games into the season). That's NBA level stats by any account. He finally found the team that plays real team ball. SAC really looks like a team that is going to go strong for the playoffs. Great defense, everybody knows their task, good team ball. A really nice team.

8. Zergling

Zergling Member

SAC seems to be the place to go to revive your career. D. Collison and Casspi are doing very well.

9. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Carl Landry? Patrick Patterson?

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Aaron Brooks? Chuck Hayes?

But this is a different Kings team-- actually competent from the owner to coaches and players. The place was just too much of a clown show in the final Maloof years for guys to do well and look good.

11. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

12. NotChandlerParsons

Just had a look at Collison, he's doing pretty nice. I had him written off as a career Chris Paul backup but he seems to be doing alright.

13. Oracle

Oracle Member

The thing is that everybody thought that Casspi is going to a losing team falling off the cliff after the Rockets. Well, that did not happen. This SAC team is really good. Maybe not as good as the Rockets, but really good nevertheless. I think McHale had his part as well in Casspi's deterioration. He started his experimentation with Motiejunas at 4. Casspi would have done well cutting to the basket with Dwight, because he knows when to pass to the open man. However, Casspi was moved to the 3pt-shooting job of a 3 from the strech 4 probably because Harden was doing all the driving. Casspi is doing good this year because he is not shooting the three ball at all.

14. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

I wouldn't shoot the 3 either if I was 1 for 8. :rolleyes: Unfortunately for Casspi he has a history of shooting better the 1st half of the season.

Career FG%/3P%/FT%/TS%
    Pre All-Star .433 .358 .677 .533
    Post All-Star .402 .326 .683 .492

15. Oracle

Oracle Member

You might be right. Unlike in the previous years, I doubt if that will happen this year. The Kings play so different basketball compared to the Cavs or the Rockets, that the end of the season will probably be different as well. SAC plays a half-court game driving to the hoop either scoring or getting the call. That works when the team is great on rebounds. The kings are excellent in that department.

The Bulls are a great defensive team, but Casspi was able to cut to the hoop almost at will. If he gets better in this and gets more confidence, he'll be a real weapon for the Kings. I still can't understand why the Rockets let him go with his minimum contract. I'm interested to see how the final analysis on this comes out in the end of the season.

16. clutz

clutz Member

Tonight, Omri Casspi outscored Anthony Davis.

17. CasspiFan

CasspiFan Member

Payback time.

After Houston traded Casspi for Gee:

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

that last time someone came back to Houston for payback it didn't go so well.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Stupid Morey don't know how to use Omri. Omri is cheaper and better than Papanikalaou, not to mention more handsome and parties with Bar Rafaeli.

Kostas' girlfriend is just some random attractive woman.

[​IMG]

20. Oracle

Oracle Member

Casspi started for the Kings for the first time this season against the pelicans. He probably also won the game for them. Stats, like 22 pts, 4 RBS, 1 AST and 1 STL are nicce to get from a bench player when 2 of your starters are down. So far Casspi is having the time of his life in SAC. I'm just thinking that you can have 5 Casspis for the price of one Papanicolau. Papanicolau will obviously become a nice player, but I just can't get the economics right here.